PDA

View Full Version : Fucked up shit.......

sarettah
09-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok... I was doing a search the other day and I came upon a geocities page that was a list of different peoples personal data...

Credit card numbers, addresses, ss#'s, phone numbers...The whole bit...

I looked around a bit and discovered 2 more files in the same directory with smilar information....

I thought about for a little bit, then took the time to email anybody who's email address was in there letting them know that their information was sitting there....

Then I went and found yahoo's phone number and called them... Did 2 long distance calls on my dime... Ended up in one of those automated phone mazes that finally gave me an email address to report it to...

So I wrote them a note... Gave them the site URL... Listed some of the contents so they could see for themselves..... The whole bit....

I got an automated reply saying they had recieved it and that someone would look at my email within 24 hours...standard bullshit....

Anyway, just went and checked and the pages are still fucking there....

assholes....

Everyone complains about identity theft, etc.... and you try to help out and you get no fucking quick action because they all have their shit way too fucking automated.....

At least I got a couple of emails back from folks who's info was there thanking me for letting them know, so at least a couple are covered....

Funny thing would be that if for some reason Ashcroft and company would check my computer and find those files, I would probably have my ass cooked.....

:grrr:

slavdogg
09-17-2003, 09:39 PM
email me the link

or post it

sarettah
09-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Sep 17 2003, 08:47 PM
email me the link

or post it
lololol..... I knew someone was gonna ask....... :nyanya:

Trev
09-18-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+Sep 18 2003, 04:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Sep 18 2003, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--slavdogg@Sep 17 2003, 08:47 PM
email me the link

or post it
lololol..... I knew someone was gonna ask....... :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
Well if your not going to post it at least tell us what you where searching for :groucho:

confucy
09-18-2003, 04:58 AM
Sarettah, I have been down this road. Yes, here comes his name again! Mitnick was pissed off that I was talking about him in a Yahoo chat group, so he had someone post every personal bit of information he had on me plus a bunch of made up crap.

I contacted Yahoo by email. They never answered me. I wrote to about ten different people in different departments. No response! I finally reached someone by phone. I answered all kinds of questions. The guy told me it was against their policy for SS#'s and CC#'s to be listed on their sites, but they don't bother to monitor anything unless someone complains. They are violating California laws and they are setting people up for identity fraud. The same thing was posted on Dream Books. Nobody contacted me when I complained. Sometimes I believe all these Yahoo and Dream Books boards should be permanently closed down.

It's a jungle out there! Now we have the government checking us out in detail, and before long we will have a National ID card.

By the way, eventually someone tried to hack into my accounts. They charged a few things on the internet with my credit card. When I called my bank and told them my privacy had been jeopardized, my bank gave me a government number and told me to change my SS#. Now, who in the hell wants to do that? I have had this number my entire life, and because some jackasses on the internet have a hardon for me, I'm supposed to turn my life upside down and get a new SS#!!! What's to stop the same people from getting the new one.

And you wonder why I am such a bitch, Trev. Life makes all of us bitchy.

sarettah
09-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Sep 18 2003, 02:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Sep 18 2003, 02:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -sarettah@Sep 18 2003, 04:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--slavdogg@Sep 17 2003, 08:47 PM
email me the link

or post it
lololol..... I knew someone was gonna ask....... :nyanya:
Well if your not going to post it at least tell us what you where searching for :groucho:[/b][/quote]
I was searching on a particular scammer/poster's name.... (that narrows it down to about a million possibilities for you)

I'l even narrow it down some more...... They post on GFY..... (there, now its about 999,999 possibilities for you)

:yowsa:

Trev
09-18-2003, 08:06 AM
help me knock 85% of them GFYers off by telling me does this scammer/poster have an I.Q. higher than 16? :biglaugh:

sarettah
09-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Sep 18 2003, 07:14 AM
help me knock 85% of them GFYers off by telling me does this scammer/poster have an I.Q. higher than 16? :biglaugh:
I think I answered that when I said they post on GFY......... :yowsa:

gonzo
09-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by confucy@Sep 18 2003, 01:06 AM
Sarettah, I have been down this road. Yes, here comes his name again! Mitnick was pissed off that I was talking about him in a Yahoo chat group, so he had someone post every personal bit of information he had on me plus a bunch of made up crap.

I contacted Yahoo by email. They never answered me. I wrote to about ten different people in different departments. No response! I finally reached someone by phone. I answered all kinds of questions. The guy told me it was against their policy for SS#'s and CC#'s to be listed on their sites, but they don't bother to monitor anything unless someone complains. They are violating California laws and they are setting people up for identity fraud. The same thing was posted on Dream Books. Nobody contacted me when I complained. Sometimes I believe all these Yahoo and Dream Books boards should be permanently closed down.

It's a jungle out there! Now we have the government checking us out in detail, and before long we will have a National ID card.

By the way, eventually someone tried to hack into my accounts. They charged a few things on the internet with my credit card. When I called my bank and told them my privacy had been jeopardized, my bank gave me a government number and told me to change my SS#. Now, who in the hell wants to do that? I have had this number my entire life, and because some jackasses on the internet have a hardon for me, I'm supposed to turn my life upside down and get a new SS#!!! What's to stop the same people from getting the new one.

And you wonder why I am such a bitch, Trev. Life makes all of us bitchy.
KK!!! Youve saved $50 again.

I almost came but she didnt say social engineering.

DOS Tip ---

If I were you Id get a new date of birth and SS #.