PDA

View Full Version : Man's best friend ?

sarettah
09-11-2003, 07:27 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_cambodia_dogs (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20030911/od_uk_nm/oukoe_cambodia_dogs)

Eat more dogs, Cambodians urged
2 hours, 53 minutes ago

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Cambodians are being urged to eat more dogs as part of a crackdown on stray mutts wandering around the capital of the southeast Asian nation.

Although dogs, along with creepy-crawlies such as spiders, beetles and crickets, are found regularly on menus in deeply impoverished rural areas, eating them is frowned upon in the relative sophistication of Phnom Penh.

City governor Kep Chuktema says it is now time to draw up a special pooch policy to control the growing problem of pavement-fouling strays, and for city-dwellers to throw off their traditional snootiness towards dining on man's best friend.

Hitherto, Phnom Penh dog lovers have had to keep their tastes under wraps by asking for 'special' or 'jogging cow' meat in restaurants.

OldJeff
09-11-2003, 08:57 AM
This is worse then our own mass gas chambers for dogs and cats in our "animal shelters" how ?

sarettah
09-11-2003, 09:33 AM
It is not worse or better imho.............

Bishop
09-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Do not read if you are a dog lover .....

I love dogs.. I read the warning.. then I read the post.. I don't listen very well.

I don't have a problem with it. We put down animals all the time in shelters. It is a shame but necessary sometimes.

Dianna Vesta
09-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I never was a big meat eater. Once I moved out here and started caring for animals I ate less and less. I resumed studies in Kabbalah and was doing some research on Torah. The woman I am dating is Jewish and a bow hunter for big game. I am against any type of hunting purely for sport. It’s just my thing.

Anyhow, in doing this research I happened upon some animals rights sites and was draw in. I spent a week crying and still fight tears. I understand all the debates and it’s more of a spiritual choice for me. I decided to become vegetarian completely. If I have a choice not to kill then I’m going to take it. It’s been a while now and I am healthier and have not had any desire to eat meat. I’m not a fanatic but I have defiantly made changes in my life.

I’ve ordered food from Chinese restaurants and often wondered what the fuck I was eating. The textures are different and odd taste. Thinking about it makes me sick. There was a guy who owned a restaurant up north that was caught serving goat as veal. He was raising babies. It appears that it had been going on for a long time before he was caught. Another place in Miami years ago was suspected of using cats and various domestic animals.

<laughing> Damn I’m developing some phobia’s in my older age.