PDA

View Full Version : Nukes are Un-Islamic.............

sarettah
09-08-2003, 11:26 AM
http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?p...d=1059479628821 (http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1059479628821)

Iranians puzzled as outsiders stay fretful
By Roula Khalaf
Published: September 8 2003 5:00 | Last Updated: September 8 2003 5:00

Faced with rising suspicions over its nuclear ambitions, Iran's clerical regime has adopted a strange defence: nuclear weapons, says the government in Tehran, are un-Islamic and therefore cannot be pursued by the Islamic Republic.

Some take the curious argument even further: "It's not human to have the atomic bomb," declares Amir Mohebian, a newspaper columnist who is considered an ideologue for the conservative faction in Iran's political establishment. "We want to follow policies that are in line with morality."

Ordinary Iranians are, however, dismissive of the public discourse. The prospect of an Iranian atomic bomb finds wide popular support, even among those who oppose the hardline clerics who control the levers of power.

kveldulv
09-08-2003, 06:07 PM
IMO, Incredibly desctructive weapons go against the core tenants of all major religions, the most common of which is "be nice to each other".

So what makes this newsworthy ?

A.A.
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Nukes are bad for obvious reasons. But eventually someones gonna have to take out a bunch of dumbasses in one spot and unfortunately I think a nuclear weapon will be the worlds only choice to rid itself of an undying problem.

sarettah
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by kveldulv@Sep 8 2003, 05:15 PM
So what makes this newsworthy ?
because I decided it was........

:yowsa:

sarettah
09-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by A.A.@Sep 8 2003, 06:02 PM
Nukes are bad for obvious reasons. But eventually someones gonna have to take out a bunch of dumbasses in one spot and unfortunately I think a nuclear weapon will be the worlds only choice to rid itself of an undying problem.
Nukes are our friends.......

Doctor Strangelove Told Me so.........

:yowsa: