PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

dantheman
09-05-2003, 09:10 AM
freaking sooners everywhere :) I'll do my best JFK and grab some pics over the next day or so :cdance:

hey colin, this game sorta reminds me of the 93 sugar bowl, NO ONE is giving bama a chance. Remember that game :nyanya:
http://www.techieboard.com/images/rundown.gif

RTR :rokk:

Almighty Colin
09-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Sep 5 2003, 08:18 AM
hey colin, this game sorta reminds me of the 93 sugar bowl, NO ONE is giving bama a chance. Remember that game :nyanya:

HaHa.

BTW ... Where have you guys been LATELY? ;-)

Last two Canes losses:

January 3, 2003 (double OT)
September 9, 2000

Good luck in the game. I'm pulling for Bama. I want a rematch.

dantheman
09-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Sep 5 2003, 08:36 AM

BTW ... Where have you guys been LATELY? ;-)

just trying out a few coaches:) I think we found one though B)

RTR :rokk:

Winetalk.com
09-05-2003, 09:36 AM
fuck you!
use football symbol next time so I could skip it!

prick!
;-)))

dantheman
09-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Sep 5 2003, 08:44 AM
fuck you!

prick!
;-)))
hahaha, I just wanted you to read "1" football thread this year

:)))

Winetalk.com
09-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by dantheman+Sep 5 2003, 08:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dantheman @ Sep 5 2003, 08:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Sep 5 2003, 08:44 AM
fuck you!

prick!
;-)))
hahaha, I just wanted you to read "1" football thread this year

:)))[/b][/quote]
ok, than don't complain when I make you watch anal penetrations to UNWILLING men
;-)))

Winetalk.com
09-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Dan, as I promised:

Rape as a disciplinary tactic
Prison guards often ignore inmate rape, and even encourage it to punish prisoners who step out of line.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Christian Parenti

August 23, 1999 | Eddie Dillard, a 23-year-old gang member from Los Angeles serving time for assault with a deadly weapon in California's Corcoran State Prison, was a prison malcontent. One day Dillard made the mistake of kicking a female guard; for this sin and others he was promoted to the top of the correctional officers' shit list.

Dillard was transferred to the cell of Wayne Robertson, better known as the "Booty Bandit." For a time, his vocation was beating, torturing and sodomizing fellow inmates while prison guards looked the other way. This psychopathic serial rapist was the guards' resident enforcer, one whose specialty was reining in abrasive young toughs.

Dillard protested the transfer, pointing out that Robertson was a known predator. "Since you like hitting women, we've got somebody for you," came the reply. There, in a tiny box with the Booty Bandit, began the tragic re-education of Eddie Dillard.

Lessons commenced with verbal abuse and threats, soon progressing to a violent and bloody assault in which Robertson beat the smaller, younger Dillard into submission. For the next several days Robertson beat, raped, tortured and humiliated Dillard, tearing open his rectum in the process. Guards and other inmates listened to the echoes of the young man screaming, crying for help and begging for mercy.

When the cell door finally opened to let him out, Dillard rushed onto the tier and refused to go back inside. But it was too late: He had been "turned out." He was reduced to a psychologically broken, politically servile "punk" -- in the prison argot, the lowest form of life. Dillard was now jailhouse chattel, to be sodomized, traded and sold like a slave. Robertson, on the other hand, received new tennis shoes and extra food for his services.

When he was released from prison, Dillard told the Los Angeles Times of the trauma he still suffers: "They took something from me that I can never replace. I've tried so many nights to forget about it, but the feeling just doesn't go away. Every time I'm with my wife, it comes back what he did to me. I want a close to the story. I want some salvation. But it keeps going on and on."

Dillard's case is not an isolated incident. Though using rape as a management tactic may sound like an extreme concept, the Dillard case appears not to have been an isolated incident. The Boston Globe, for example, reported that guards in Massachusetts prisons have used known rapists in the same fashion as their California counterparts: "Several prisoners at Shirley [State Prison] said that Slade [a notorious prison rapist] has had a long history of attacks there, but that he is typically reshuffled by the guards into cells with 'fresh fish,' or new inmates."

this might happen to you if you force feed football upon me
;-)))

dantheman
09-05-2003, 09:56 AM
just the thought of the broom handle was enough for me :ph34r:

dantheman
09-05-2003, 11:18 AM
TUSCALOOSA | It is common for the largest predators in nature to stake out their own territory, an established domain in which their dominance is unquestioned. That way, the lion or the grizzly bear can spend his time preying on the weaker animals, not locked in epic battle with other lions or tigers or bears.

Sometimes, though, the boundaries get blurred. The King of the Jungle decides he wants to live up to the title, and prepares to take on all comers.

Sometimes, it even happens in college football.

For most of the past 50 years, Alabama and Oklahoma have been among the dominant teams in college football, blessed with legendary coaches like Bear Bryant and Bud Wilkinson, or players like Billy Sims, Lee Roy Selmon, Lee Roy Jordan, Joe Namath and countless more.

Not surprisingly, there have been undercurrents connecting the two teams.

As a Kentucky coach, Bryant beat Bud Wilkinson in a memorable Sugar Bowl game that snapped Oklahoma's 31-game winning streak. A Bryant disciple, former Kentucky star Jim Mackenzie, was Oklahoma's coach for one year, 1966, before his death from a massive heart attack. Another Bryant protégé and former UA assistant, Howard Schnellenberger, had a one-year tenure at OU in 1995.

As recently as New Year's Day of 2003, the Sooners were beating the coach-designate for Alabama, Mike Price at Washington State, although history took a different path.

But there have been few head-to-head contests, which makes the current regular-season series something to cherish. Prior to today's game, Alabama and Oklahoma have met only three times. From the Crimson Tide perspective, that is fewer meetings that UA has had with Penn State (13), Southern Cal (seven), Notre Dame (six) or (if the visiting Sooners will excuse the inclusion of the Cornhuskers and Longhorns among the elite), Nebraska (five) and Texas (eight). It is no more meetings, until today, than Alabama has had with Michigan and Ohio State.

Alabama, by its calculations, has 12 national championships and would probably credit OU with eight. Oklahoma, which calculates by a different standard, claims 13 national titles and lists Alabama with 11. European nations have fought wars lasting decades over less important issues, but, in the interest of conflict avoidance, the best way to approach it is that the two teams have won more national titles than any other school except Notre Dame.

The teams have met only once, amazingly, in a major bowl game, the 1963 Orange Bowl. They also met in the 1970 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston, both coming off disappointing seasons, yet poised -- though no one knew it at the time -- to enter a decade of dominance at both schools.

Over the ensuing 30 years, Alabama won 283 games and Oklahoma won 275.

The two programs seemed to mirror each other in many ways. In the '70s, both won -- and rolled up awesome offensive numbers -- with the Wishbone.

Later, both went through coaching changes and NCAA turmoil, with OU seeming to have once again found smooth sailing under Bob Stoops.

But for those 30 years -- until last year's classic in Norman -- the two schools did not meet.

"I thought we were close a couple of times," said long-time OU coach Barry Switzer, a national championship and Super Bowl winner who is now a Norman, Okla., businessman, in a phone interview on Thursday.

"I thought we were going to play in 1971, in the Sugar Bowl," recalled Switzer, who was an assistant under Chuck Fairbanks at the time. "That was the closest that it came. We had already played Nebraska in that famous game, and we knew we would meet either Alabama or Auburn, but Alabama went on to beat Auburn 31-7 and went to the Orange Bowl."

Oklahoma had switched to the Wishbone the year before, and rolled up 366 yards rushing against Alabama in the 1970 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl, although the Sooners needed a late field goal to force a 24-24 tie in that game.

When Alabama returned to the field for the 1971 season, it was also running a Wishbone offense.

"In the 1970s, Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama were the three teams running the wishbone, and we dominated college football at that time," Switzer said. "We would talk with the coaches at Alabama, including Coach Bryant and Mal Moore, about the technical part of the offense. We set records with it that I think will never be broken. We averaged 472 yards per game rushing in 1971, and I don't think anyone will ever do that again."

Throughout the decade, Switzer -- who took over as OU's head coach in 1973 -- maintained a relationship with Bryant.

"I grew up in southern Arkansas, about 40 miles from [Bryant's hometown of] Fordyce," Switzer said. "I knew where Moro Bottom was. There wasn't a bridge over the Saline River when I was young, but now, I could drive from my childhood home into Fordyce in about 30 minutes.

"I played against his teams in the '50s, when I was a player at Arkansas and he was the head coach at Texas A&M," Switzer said. "I played against the team that had John David Crow and was ranked No. 1 in the nation. I can still remember running on the field at Razorback Stadium and seeing Coach Bryant leaning against the goal posts.

"He was also a great influence on me, both directly and through other coaches like Jim Mackenzie and Pat James."

The two coaches from rural Arkansas dominated football throughout the 1970s. Between 1971 and 1979, the two teams finished together in the Top Five of the Associated Press poll seven times. In two of those seasons, 1973 and 1974, Oklahoma was ineligible for the postseason due to NCAA sanctions, although the Sooners still won the national title in '74. The Sooners also won in 1975, while Alabama won the title in 1978 and 1979, with Oklahoma finishing No. 3 in each of those years.

Still, there was no matchup between the two teams.

"It was just very difficult to match up in that era," Switzer said. "If the formula had been what it is today, we probably would have played. But the Big Eight had a contract with the Orange Bowl, and Alabama would usually go to the Sugar Bowl."

That continued over the next two decades, even though both programs were consistent winners and managed to add to the national championship totals, with OU winning again in 1985 and Alabama taking the title in 1992. In 2000, Alabama had the preseason hype, but it was unheralded OU that finished first in the final poll.

Finally, a contract negotiated in the late 1990s brought the two teams together for the current regular-season series.

"I think a game like this is good for all of college football," Switzer said. "It creates great national interest. There will be media representatives on hand from the both coasts and every major city in between. Players want to be a part of this. Coaches want to be a part of this. It's what we relish.

"I loved watching the game last year, even though Alabama beat the hell out of Oklahoma for most of the second half. I told the Oklahoma coaches last year, and this year, to forget about Alabama's problems or staff changes or whatever. Alabama's got great players, and if you've got players, and you have coaches who can orchestrate a game plan, then you've got a chance against anyone."

There is not another scheduled Alabama-Oklahoma meeting following today's game, and while UA officials have expressed some interest in resuming the series in the future, it might take a full-time adoption of a 12-game schedule to make it a reality.

Still, Switzer said that in any given year, an Alabama-Oklahoma game would probably be a classic.

"Alabama can be just like they used to be," he said. "They can overcome probation because they can get players. Players want to come to the Alabamas and the Oklahomas. Oklahoma's problems [in the mid-90s] weren't because we didn't have players. We just weren't organized, but the nucleus was here.

"You don't win the national championship without great players. Bob Stoops came in and was a great motivator. He exuded confidence and preached continuity. If you can get that, and you have players, then you are going to win, at Alabama or at Oklahoma."