PDA

View Full Version : RIAA ready to dive in.....

sarettah
09-02-2003, 10:22 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpoli...iaa-looms_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2003-09-02-riaa-looms_x.htm)

Swappers beware: RIAA set to swoop
By Jefferson Graham USA TODAY
The record industry is expected to make good, as early as Friday, on its promise to start suing song swappers.
Over the summer 1,600 subpoenas were sent to Internet service providers and colleges, demanding the identities of users who were believed to be trading copyrighted music online. The Recording Industry Association of America was preparing what it said would be hundreds of lawsuits against the users.

In most cases, after identities were given to the RIAA, the ISPs were supposed to inform the targeted users. "But that hasn't always been the case," says Sacramento lawyer Daniel Ballard. "I got calls from two Comcast subscribers who were never informed. They found their screen names listed on a Web site and wanted to know what they should do." He says many online users will be "shocked" to find process servers delivering subpoenas to them next week.

Paul Markham
09-03-2003, 02:53 AM
If only it were that easy to sue people who stole images and used them on their own sites.

bluedesignstudios
09-03-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Paul Markham@Sep 2 2003, 11:01 PM
If only it were that easy to sue people who stole images and used them on their own sites.
I take it you have a big problem with people stealing your images?

I remember back when I started in the Adult Industry, stealing content was so widespread, I was under the impression things had improved since then :unsure:

Winetalk.com
09-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by bluedesignstudios+Sep 3 2003, 05:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluedesignstudios @ Sep 3 2003, 05:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Paul Markham@Sep 2 2003, 11:01 PM
I take it you have a big problem with people stealing your images?

I remember back when I started in the Adult Industry, stealing content was so widespread, I was under the impression things had improved since then :unsure:[/b][/quote]
people remain the same....

if I opened the website today,
I'd pay ZERO for content as usual
;-)))