JMM
08-29-2003, 01:51 PM
.......... Super Chargers,
San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Super Chargers,
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way,
We're gonna dazzle you with our super play.
The time has come,
You know we're shooting for number one.
With thunderbolts and lightning
We'll light up the sky,
We'll give it all we've got, and more
With the Super Charger try!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We've got a plan,
We're gonna do it for our super fans.
All we seek,
Is the goal line to victory.
We'll ignite you, excite you
With high voltage play.
We won't let up a minute,
We're going all the way - all the way!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way
With the Super Chargers' play.
We're coming at you.
Now we're coming through!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

Vick
08-29-2003, 02:02 PM
That's nice JMM but ........

Will San Diego be able to draft Kellen WinslowII next season?

I liked the Chargers when they were Air Coryell

Dan Fouts rookie season was Johnny Unitas's last season and Unitas played for San Diego that season. I like to think Unitas passed the torch to Fouts

the Chargers play in a tough division and it will be a shock if they make the playoffs but look for Oakland to play .500 ball this season

Mike AI
08-29-2003, 02:03 PM
JMM The Chargers are good in Madden 2004.....

BradShaw
08-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah Mike used LT to run all over me in Madden! Now I know what he does all day!

Vick
08-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Kellen Winslow was once said to have defied the "All Pro" classification.

He was "All Universe."

The Chargers traded up in the 1979 draft to take Kellen with their first round pick. Don Coryell coveted the big tight end out of Missouri, considering Winslow the final weapon needed to gain aerial supremacy over the entire NFL.

But early returns did not produce the results many had anticipated. Kellen missed 2 1/2 weeks of his first training camp with a hamstring injury, then broke his leg in a Week 7 contest. After a mortal 25 catches and 2 touchdowns, Winslow was out for the season.

Kellen came to camp in 1980 with something to prove, and by the end of the year he had convinced teammates, opponents, and journalists alike that he was clearly the best tight end in the game.

He led the NFL with 89 receptions, 30 more than the next closest tight end. Too fast for NFL linebackers, he frequently found himself checked by defensive backs, whose tackles he broke with relative ease.

He made catches both spectacular and important, and he saved his finest performance of the season (10 catches, 171 yards) for the must-win season finale vs. Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football.

He snared 88 passes for an encore the following season, again leading the NFL. Once more, he left an impressive trail of highlights in his wake. In a must-win Week 12 game vs. arch-rival Oakland, Winslow hauled in 13 passes, five of which were touchdowns. In a Week 14 contest against Buffalo, he turned a 5-yard out pattern from Dan Fouts into a 67-yard sideline scamper for a touchdown.

But the real highlight of the '81 season for Winslow was "The Game." The Chargers' 41-38 overtime win against Miami was arguably the greatest, most dramatic football game of all time. It was clearly the defining moment of Kellen Winslow's carrer. He caught 13 passes for 166 yards, including a 25-yard touchdown to give San Diego a 31-24 lead. He blocked Uwe Von Schamann's game-winning field goal attempt at the end of regulation time. He did all this while battling through leg cramps, back spasms, and dehydration.

JMM
08-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Aug 29 2003, 10:10 AM
That's nice JMM but ........

Will San Diego be able to draft Kellen WinslowII next season?

I liked the Chargers when they were Air Coryell

Dan Fouts rookie season was Johnny Unitas's last season and Unitas played for San Diego that season. I like to think Unitas passed the torch to Fouts

the Chargers play in a tough division and it will be a shock if they make the playoffs but look for Oakland to play .500 ball this season
Here is what I think the bolts have going for them this year vs. last year:

1. David Boston: aside from being one of the greatest receivers in the league, his presence really opens things up for LT.

2. Lorenzo Neal: Blocking for LT.

3. Drew Brees is a year older.

4. Quentin Jammer is a year older.

5. Dramatic focus on the defensive secondary in this years draft. Yeah, they are all rookies..but there are certainly 1, if not 2 future pro bowlers in the rookie secondary.

6. Dropping of old wood: Seau is one of the best ever, no doubt, same with Harrison, but they are getting old. Last year was terrible. Being at the games you could really get a perspective on all the missed tackles by those two. More times than not they were going for the highlight reel and not the tackle.

7. We have a kicker! Dumping Wide Richey was the best move ever last year.

8. Stephen Alexander is a year older.

9. Tim Dwight. For those of you that have never had a chance to see him play in person, it is a treat. He is the fastest white boy I have ever seen. I will never forget that play last year when he came out of nowhere to make that block for LT. A true classic.

I could go on, but I don't want to depress those of you that are not chargers fans.

Vick
08-29-2003, 02:33 PM
You make a compelling argument JMM and hope springs eternal before the season begins

David Boston is talented http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133230
This year will see if he is in the top echelon of receivers in the league

Brees should be another year better

LT is supremely talented

The Chargers really needed help on Defense (they were 30th in total D last year) and I've seen first year players in the secondary (Ed Reed for the Ravens last year) make an impact

Good Luck to your Chargers (except for week 3 :nyanya: ) playing home and home with Denver, KC and Oakland is challenging plus playing Miami, Pittsburgh and Chicago .... (at least SD has Cincinnati, Detroit and Minnesota on the schedule)