PDA

View Full Version : AFC North

Vick
08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
accoring to Sportsline.com

Best offensive player: It's hard to give this to a tackle, but Baltimore tackle Jonathan Ogden is that good.

Best defensive player: He is healthy again, which makes Ray Lewis the best defensive player in the league, let alone the division. There may be no better middle/inside linebacker ever.

Biggest rookie impact: The Browns had to get better in the middle of their offensive line, and rookie center Jeff Faine will be a big help in that area as an immediate starter.

Best coach: Bill Cowher always has his team competing in the playoffs, and this year should be no different. He knows how to emotionally push the right buttons.

Can't-miss game: In Week 5, the Browns go to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers for the first time. If these two combine for 50 points in this game, something is again wrong with the two defenses. Look for Pittsburgh to win this one and the division.

Jim
08-28-2003, 01:41 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

we will find out just how suspect the steelers offensive line is when RayLew comes to town in week one.....hopefully it is not as bad as everyone thinks....

Vick
08-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Jim - the Steelers Offensive line will be tested if the Steelers find themselves in passing situations and the Ravens cut Suggs and Boulware loose on the pass rush. Pittsburgh will find out in a hurry how good their pass blocking is

That being said as much as I bleed RAVEN'S PURPLE I'm looking at the Ravens to go 7-9 again this year, Very tough schedule, no real QB (yet). If we get a lot of breaks, a solid running game and great play from the Defense a playoff berth might be possible ... and after that ... anything can happen

MikeFold
08-28-2003, 02:23 PM
....with a backup QB named "Booty"
how can we lose????

:(

Vick
08-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Could be William Green's breakout year and it could be make or break for Holcombe

ulfie
08-28-2003, 09:45 PM
I was looking at a sports book site last night and guess what.....The $%%&& Cleveland Browns are favored to win the division. Then again, the Steelers are in the top 4 to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl. Sports book logic is hard to figure out.

Sorry Vick, Baltimore is going to lose the opener which means no beer for year. :P