PDA

View Full Version : Threats of Violence on Oprano?

hghpaysbig
08-23-2003, 12:24 PM
I never handled threats of violence well. The neighborhood that I grew up in wasn't terrible but as kids we were always in the street so scraps happened fairly often. The other by product of that was you learned respect for others that comes with being in a big city the close living conditions and such. The saying that the strong survive is very true but we as adults know that strong can mean many things from mental toughness to business savvy.

I am just wondering how others deal with threats of violence.

What would George W. do?

Vick
08-23-2003, 12:31 PM
I feel photoshop work coming on

sarettah
08-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Who threatened you on Oprano ??

(inquiring minds want to know....)

hghpaysbig
08-23-2003, 01:39 PM
JR aka the "keyboard tough guy"

ulfie
08-23-2003, 01:59 PM
I've seen Serge threaten to stick a splintered broomstick in hundreds of peoples poop shoots. I don't know if he's done it yet though. He's probably done it figuratively to certain people but not literally. :P

Just words, why let it bother you?

Extreme John
08-23-2003, 02:30 PM
More people talk shit on baords simply because they feel they have the space barrier, I bet it's safe to say that 90% of them would crumble like a cookie if they ever had to meet up with you somewhere.

Ignore it and roll on.

Monk
08-23-2003, 03:25 PM
"Threats of Violence on Oprano?, How do you handle threats?"

I fucking kill 'em

:biglaugh:

Sharpie
08-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Just consider the source - and move on :grrr:

It's just a chatboard!

But remember, the things that are posted are what forms opinions about you by other readers. Not everyone can threaten with broomsticks and draw a smile :-)

Diamond Jim
08-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by hghpaysbig@Aug 23 2003, 11:32 AM
I never handled threats of violence well. The neighborhood that I grew up in wasn't terrible but as kids we were always in the street so scraps happened fairly often. The other by product of that was you learned respect for others that comes with being in a big city the close living conditions and such. The saying that the strong survive is very true but we as adults know that strong can mean many things from mental toughness to business savvy.

What would George W. do?
Why don't you quit pretending you didn't make the equivalent of "I'd kick your ass if you said that to my face" with this (grammatically challenged) statement...

"...Timon or JR who based on their previous posts that I made the time to check out are cynics and seem like your stereotypical keyboard tough guys in my experiences those types are much nicer in person..."

Your intimation was as transparent as you are....

Forest
08-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Monk@Aug 23 2003, 02:33 PM
"Threats of Violence on Oprano?, How do you handle threats?"

I fucking kill 'em

:biglaugh:
what a fly???

Timon
08-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Diamond Jim is correct, hgh made a "you wouldn't say that in person" comment and JR simply responded with a "I'd kick your ass in person" comment... (a comment he can certainly back up since he has a karate blackbelt and is a pretty big guy too )

Last edited by Timon at Aug 23 2003, 10:32 PM

hghpaysbig
08-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Diamond Jim+Aug 23 2003, 11:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diamond Jim @ Aug 23 2003, 11:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--hghpaysbig@Aug 23 2003, 11:32 AM

What would George W. do?
Why don't you quit pretending you didn't make the equivalent of "I'd kick your ass if you said that to my face" with this (grammatically challenged) statement...

"...Timon or JR who based on their previous posts that I made the time to check out are cynics and seem like your stereotypical keyboard tough guys in my experiences those types are much nicer in person..."

Your intimation was as transparent as you are....[/b][/quote]
Fair comments.

I am moving on to more peaceful thoughts :headwall:

Timon
08-24-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by hghpaysbig@Aug 24 2003, 12:21 AM
I am moving on to more peaceful thoughts :headwall:
Try moving on to a more peaceful board :-)

Forest
08-24-2003, 07:50 AM
threats from the "TOUGH GUYS" on oprano?

I just laugh at them

:yowsa: :biglaugh:

timon said he would shake my head and not my hand if we met

Me Scarrrrrreeeeeddddddddddddddddd

:(