PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Water Hotdogs, Pizza, bagels

Forest
08-17-2003, 06:17 PM
of all the things i miss about NYC and MUST EAT while im there

Cannoli's from Ferrara's

Pasta from Angelo's

H&H Bagels

Ray's ORIGINAL pizza ( not all the copy cats )

Sabrett hot dogs with EVERYTHING!

Mc Sorely's Pub !!!!! (sp)

man Im getting Fat(er) just thinking about it

:stout: :hic: :salute:

Menace
08-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Sabrett's rock! Nothing like one fresh out of the cart..

droool...

Last edited by Menace at Aug 17 2003, 08:38 PM

Forest
08-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Menace@Aug 17 2003, 08:38 PM
Sabrett's rock! Nothing like one fresh out of the cart..

droool...
dude

"Dirty Water Hotdogs" ROKK :rokk:

I had a friend that sold them one summer

they change the water like once a week and leave hot dogs in the cart overnight

Hence the nickname

But GOTTA LOVE EM!!!!!

Extra kraut and onions!!!!!!!!!

Agida city

:wnw: :yowsa: :rolleyes:

Menace
08-18-2003, 02:40 PM
overnight?

alright.. now yer scarin me.

Ever try the home version? Not even close, not even with the afterbirth that goes along for the ride in the package..

Where in NY ya gonna be? Maybe I'll pop over the border with my rolaids multi-pack and choke down some dirty dogs with ya.. Oh THAT didn't sound right .

:scans:

Forest
08-18-2003, 04:05 PM
im staying on serges couch in nj

doing the day trip thing into the city

:bdance: :bjump: :cdance: :stout: :hic: :okthumb: :salute:

have to go to the world trade area

I havent been since before 9-11

:( :cryin:

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 06:07 PM
mmmmm dirty water hotdogs, I remember in my bachelor days "discovering" these things in my swank bachelor pad with the local bands dropping by..I just never bothered to clean the pans or empty the hotdog water.....

Last edited by SykkBoy at Aug 18 2003, 05:15 PM

Peaches
08-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Aug 18 2003, 06:15 PM
mmmmm dirty water hotdogs, I remember in my bachelor days "discovering" these things in my swank bachelor pad with the local bands dropping by..I just never bothered to clean the pans or empty the hotdog water.....
Quick! Get a patent, send "packages" to all the NY hot dog vendors. B)

ulfie
08-18-2003, 06:15 PM
I love NY soft pretzels from street vendors. There's just something about food that's been wheeled around in a cart on the street that makes it better. :)

Forest
08-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Aug 18 2003, 05:23 PM
I love NY soft pretzels from street vendors. There's just something about food that's been wheeled around in a cart on the street that makes it better. :)
its all the exhaust from the traffic

:okthumb:

SykkBoy
08-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 18 2003, 05:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 18 2003, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Aug 18 2003, 06:15 PM
Quick! Get a patent, send "packages" to all the NY hot dog vendors. B)[/b][/quote]
Good idea!

Do you think that raging fuckrake from ACACIA will take the case if I finally stop wishing cancer on him and calling him a fuckrake??? He might be a decent lawyer if he actually had something worth pursuing....

I could have Dana Strum from Slaughter and the drummer from Puss N Boots be my material witnesses...

alyssa
08-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 17 2003, 02:25 PM

Cannoli's from Ferrara's

Pasta from Angelo's

H&H Bagels

Good God forst - First we have the same taste in music, then the same foods. Do we share a father or something ?

Angelos then around the corner to Ferrera's - Angelo's is the only place I know that I feel it is worth it to pay nine dollars for a bowl of soup.

Best DWD was a guy that had a cart right at the base of the WTC - used to visit him every time I went into the city. I often wonder if he is OK after all that

OldJeff
08-19-2003, 10:32 AM
The Alyssa post is me.

She emailed me the link and it had her cookie in it.

Jeff

Forest
08-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by alyssa+Aug 19 2003, 09:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alyssa @ Aug 19 2003, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Forest@Aug 17 2003, 02:25 PM

Cannoli's from Ferrara's

Pasta from Angelo's

H&H Bagels

Good God forst - First we have the same taste in music, then the same foods. Do we share a father or something ?

Angelos then around the corner to Ferrera's - Angelo's is the only place I know that I feel it is worth it to pay nine dollars for a bowl of soup.

Best DWD was a guy that had a cart right at the base of the WTC - used to visit him every time I went into the city. I often wonder if he is OK after all that[/b][/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Jeff seems as if we may have

Was GREAT to meet you in fl

THANK YOU soo much for coming up and introducing yourself

was TRUELY my pleasure to meet you

Forest
08-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by alyssa@Aug 19 2003, 09:37 AM
Angelo's is the only place I know that I feel it is worth it to pay nine dollars for a bowl of soup.

My grandfather knew the original owner

The room in the back with the muirels was OUR room when ever we were there

and NEVER ordered off the menu

they would just bring us food after food after food

I grew up in that place

Waiters have been there for 30 years

then we waddle around the corner to Ferrera's being careful to cross the street infront of the "social club" that was on the same block ( john gotti ened up useing it many years later)

My grandfather use to tell me strories about "Those wise guys"

He was Italiano OFF the boat and Dispised the MOB

smart man GREAT man!