PDA

View Full Version : Who Has A Harley?

Hooper
08-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Looking at getting a Harley, thought I'd check in with ya'll first. Would love to hear thoughts about yours, experiences etc..etc.. and hell photos if you have them.

I'm looking at an 03 Softail duece screaming eagle. Will be used first for an Austin, TX -> Cabo San Lucas, Mexico road trip and will be used for 1 hour - 2hour road trips after that mostly.

Forest
08-16-2003, 06:42 PM
hoop

have you ever riden before?

*KK*
08-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Shouldn't the short trips come first?

Forest
08-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Aug 16 2003, 05:54 PM
Shouldn't the short trips come first?
KK

hence the first question

I have done Long road trips 1500 miles at a shot on a bike

Its not as Easy as it looks

LOL

Hooper
08-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I like to jump into things head first and learn as I go :)

Forest
08-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Aug 16 2003, 06:01 PM
umm kind of a VERRY dangerous why to learn how to ride

Good luck on the road trip bro

be safe

:okthumb:

ulfie
08-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I used to ride a lot until I was about 18. Had a Kawasaki rice burner. I had 2 friends die riding in a year (one right in front of me) and a third blow out his knee on a bike and lose a football scholarship to Michigan. That was enough for me. I'm sure Peaches will be by to give you some motherly advice as well. :) She had her own bike accident as well. I doubt anything I say will dissuade you from buying one but I will never ride again.

Forest
08-16-2003, 07:26 PM
ulfie

there are soo many lesson you need to learn on a bike that you wouldnt even think of as a car driver

takes time

I bought my first bike when i was 13

been riding ever since

will ride till i die

Hooper
08-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Ok Poppa Forest and Momma Kimmy.. i wasnt trying to start a "why shouldnt i ride" thread! hahahaha

cj
08-16-2003, 07:31 PM
jumping straight on a bike for a road trip is pretty stupid hooper ... i'm sure you are just teasing us and HAVE ridden before because nobody who wanted to live long would just get on a bike and take a roadtrip ...

I only got a few days into the course I was taking and had to postpone it last year ... 3 days was enough to show me that I got a lot more learning to do before i'm travelling far on the road.

I rode an old harley for one of my training days - it was huge, heavy as hell - 1400 so probably good for the open roads, but pretty shitty to try to ride through traffic lights and stop signs - the bike was so heavy i could barely stand up.

The idea of riding a bike a long distance is way more romantic than the reality ... sitting on the back (or front!) of those things for a few hours is hell on the ass.

hooper, you have learned how to ride safely ... haven't you? :huh:

Forest
08-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Aug 16 2003, 06:37 PM
Ok Poppa Forest and Momma Kimmy.. i wasnt trying to start a "why shouldnt i ride" thread! hahahaha
hahaha

HOOP

NOO become a BROTHER!!!!!

Ride bro

Just do it safely and the RIGHT way and not with a huge road trip on a MONSTER bike for your first ride

to many people dont look or even think about bikes onn the road

and WEAR YOUR HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!

full face are better Much more protection

but they dont look as " COOL "

i tell my friends who ride with no helmet because they are too cool

" will your brains look COOL in the street"?

ulfie
08-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 16 2003, 06:34 PM
ulfie

there are soo many lesson you need to learn on a bike that you wouldnt even think of as a car driver

takes time

I bought my first bike when i was 13

been riding ever since

will ride till i die
Just too many bad experiences in a short period of time. I got my first bike for Chistmas when I was like 12 or 13. You have to be 10 times more careful when riding a bike then when driving a car. People just don't see you or pay attention. Just a risk I'm not willing to take anymore.

Hooper, as long as Quickbucks keeps paying after you're gone, go for it. ;)

Peaches
08-16-2003, 07:44 PM
OK, here goes:

ALWAYS wear a helmet. And jeans, shoes and long sleeves. The cop that came when I had my accident said would have been toast w/ them.

TRAVEL IN GROUPS! The biggest problem for motorcycle riders is that car drivers DO NOT see them. My accident (I was just riding) happened because a lady took a left turn in front of us. Traveling in groups gives you a visible presence. In a car/motorcycle accident, the car is always going to win. :(

DON'T drive like an idiot. It's not cool to be paralyzed from the waist down (including your pecker :awinky: )

LEARN to drive the darn thing somewhere else besides the busy roads.

I loved riding them. My ex and I had one and used to take it to the lake and mountains before the kid was born. But after you meet pavement and spend 1+ years getting surgeries, you do what you can to lower your risk. B)

gonzo
08-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Aug 16 2003, 03:37 PM
Hell Hoop --

They all got pissed off when they found out we were test driving Harleys earlier this year. I wasnt to careful and banged one up along with my leg.

Unfortunatly I dont think I can buy one yet at any of the local dealerships.

Ill probably let the heat cool off on that problem for a while.
In the mean time GM keeps mailing me an invite to test drive a hummer for a day. So me and Hellpuppy keep trying to get enough ass together to pack in it and go 4 wheeling in Peaches community.

One of those outdoorsey shoots...

Rock On...live you dreams while your still young enough not to be afraid.

VooMan
08-16-2003, 11:10 PM
I have always loved motorcycles. Had a Honda XR 80 when I was a kid, and the only sports I will ever watch on TV is motorcycle road racing...

I never had the balls to get a street bike. Every single person I grew up with who rides is permanently maimed <sp?> in one way or another.

But they are cool as hell. :okthumb:

sextoyking
08-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Hooper,

good choice in getting a hog!!!!

The Softail Model is great, but I don't know If I would get a duece.

Kinda Skinny for me and doesn't seem as I would have alot of room for longers cruises, etc.

I have a 1997 Fatboy, All custom, SS Carb, All Chrome, etc. Nice Leather Saddle bags on the side so if I have to put an extra 1/2 helmet in there, shirts, etc It's all ready to go.

Of course you know once you buy a stock harley you will want to accessorize it, everyone does. Stock pipes suck, so look at Pythons, etc.

harley carbs are cool to, but I love my S@S :)

Also, never forget this: Always get your insurance through Harley Davidson Insurance, not your local car insur. company.

Harley Rates are great, and also any upgrades, addons you make on your bike with approved parts, they will insure. My bike is insured for 31k.

Also if you want, good to join your local and nation Hog Chapter. good group of people and they have sched. rides alot of the time.

http://www.hog.com

If you need any help or questions let me know bro :)

Forest
08-17-2003, 05:14 AM
hoop

go buy yourself a used bike to start

a harley if you must but better off with an old BIG honda goldwing or other touring bike

Get use to it. Your most likely going to drop it a couple times in the beginning... ride it for a week or 2

No sense in spending 15-20k on a bike you are going to need to do repair work to...

I have seeen more new bikers drop their bikes when Parking them

sucks to have your chrome or paint job all fucked up

Timon
08-17-2003, 05:21 AM
Hoop if you're a beginner make sure you make your road trip through a mountainous area with lot's of curvy roads and deep ravines.

Also make sure you go together with some very experienced riders and make sure you keep up with them.

This type of trip is very suitable for beginners ;-)

Last edited by Timon at Aug 17 2003, 04:32 AM

sextoyking
08-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Good ideas timon :)

Forest,

I have dropped my bike 2 times just parking it in gravel at my friends house, jeese couldn't belive it, not even going 1/2 a mile an hour. Of course I have highway bars, so it didn't touch any chrome or paint.

Also hooper, I recommend going to your local CC college or wherever and taking the motocycle riding course. In Oregon it's just one weekend and they teach you everything on smaller bikes like a Suzuki 250 or so. When you pass the course here you just take your cert. to the dmv and you get your endorsement. Might be diff. in Texas though.

BradShaw
08-17-2003, 02:45 PM
I bought a bike in college, figured it would be easy to park on campus. Laid it over a few times, and sold it. Figured god intended me to drive a Ferrari, not ride a bike.

Would never buy another one. Simply too dangerous. Thankfully I was always wearing jeans, helmet, and long sleeves.

Before you go buy one, make sure your life insurance is taken care of.

JFK
08-17-2003, 03:13 PM
I had a Harley until very Recently (july 5th) that is when I ran into a deer, and totalled it ! I think I had posted about the accident. This is the Before pic
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/bike.jpg

the after is not to pretty... I will more than likely get another one next yr.Cant ride for the rest of this season, with the broken ribs and fractured ankles. Good luck with your bike and keep the Shiny side up :okthumb:

Forest
08-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Aug 17 2003, 12:23 PM
Good ideas timon :)

Forest,

I have dropped my bike 2 times just parking it in gravel at my friends house, jeese couldn't belive it, not even going 1/2 a mile an hour. Of course I have highway bars, so it didn't touch any chrome or paint.

This is 1 thing im talking about

just the weight distribution of the bike and how to handle it

I have seen new bikers "Drop" their bikes standing at a light

lean a little too far one way and a 700-800lb bike can get away from you

Nothing looks WORSE in a killer bike then scratches and rust from stracthcs

JFK
08-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 17 2003, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=sextoyking,Aug 17 2003, 12:23 PM]Good ideas timon :)

Forest,
Actually Forest, nothing is worse than Scrathes and dings in your body :yowsa:

Forest
08-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JFK@Aug 17 2003, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=sextoyking,Aug 17 2003, 12:23 PM]Good ideas timon :)

Forest,
Actually Forest, nothing is worse than Scrathes and dings in your body :yowsa:
Bahhhhhh

Rust is forever

road rash heals

HAHAHAHAH
;-)))

Hooper
08-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Todd, thanks for the idea. Me & Kris are going to take a course next weekend. Looks like exactly what I need aside from a good swift kick to the head.

JR
08-17-2003, 04:07 PM
i think the worst part about bikes is that you are invisible to cars. that does not mean a whole lot to say... but it will when you start having everyone pull out in front of you, swerve at you and try to run you over because they just dont see you, you will know what i mean. i could not imagine my wife on a motorcycle.

of all the stupid and insane shit i ever did on any of my bikes, the close calls i had were always in and around the city, from cars or trucks who did not see me.

i owned many crotch rockets and i sold the last one (Suzuki GSXR 1100)after being in a bank in Seattle and having some woman come up to me out of the blue and start screaming at me about all the nasty shit she has seen in the emergency room from people not wearing good leather boots, jackets, pants, helmets etc. she had a complete nervous breakdown in the bank and it turned out she was an emergency room doctor whos own son just got killed. it was bizarre and surreal and it made me think about all the close calls, all the friends i know who either got killed or crippled from bikes and how i already knew i was living on borrowed time... and i went home and sold my bike.

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/suz-gsxr1100-94-bikepics-30318.jpg

Forest
08-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Hoop

"Live to Ride...
Ride to Live..."

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk: :okthumb:

JFK
08-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 17 2003, 12:24 PM
Hoop

"Live to Ride...
Ride to Live..."

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk: :okthumb:
:rokk: :rokk: :rokk: :rokk: :salute:

Lisa
08-17-2003, 07:14 PM
My dad bought a Harley a few years ago at a charity auction for Muscular Dystrophy at the ripe old age of 57...having never even SAT on a bike before. When he rang to tell me, the conversation went something like this...

Dad: Guess what, i bought a Harley.

Me: A WHAT???

Dad: A harley!

Me: WHY???

Dad: It was for charity...

Me: Couldn't you just write them a check?!?!?!

Dad: That's no fun...

Me: Oh well, you'll probably never ride it anyway.

Dad: Oh no, that's the best bit, the owners of Morgan and Wacker (bike dealers here in town) live in our building...they're going to teach me to ride.

Me: Oh boy...

Dad: Oh yeh, it's going to be cool. Nan (my stepmother) has already gone out and bought all the leather gear, it's going to be really awesome.

Me: Oh well, you live right on the Brisbane river. Chances are you'll be riding home one day, miss the garage and end up in the drink anyway and that will be the end of that.

Dad: Bitch... (and hangs up in my ear)

LOL

He sold it two years later without ever riding it after a similarly aged friend of theirs bought himself a motorcycle, took it out for a ride one day and didn't make it back alive. :(

sextoyking
08-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Hoop,

Enjoy the riding course, best weekend I ever spent.

They teach you not only all the basics, but alot about being a good defensive rider. Since alot of car drivers make stupid and deadly mistakes you as a bike rider need to be more careful.

The class in oregon

http://teamoregon.orst.edu/to_web

clemsontiger
08-17-2003, 09:08 PM
I would love to buy a Harley and learn to ride a motorcycle. I would like to have one within 10 years. However, there is someone who doesn't want this to happen *cough*The Mom*cough*. First, because she got hurt herself. Second, because of the dangers involved.

Oh well, we will see if I end up getting one or not.

-Peaches son

Peaches
08-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by clemsontiger@Aug 17 2003, 09:16 PM
I would love to buy a Harley and learn to ride a motorcycle. I would like to have one within 10 years. However, there is someone who doesn't want this to happen *cough*The Mom*cough*. First, because she got hurt herself. Second, because of the dangers involved.

-Peaches son
As I said to you today, you might want to master driving w/o having accidents or getting speeding tickets with 3000+ pounds of steel protecting you before you tackle a motorcycle............ :zoinks:

ulfie
08-17-2003, 09:42 PM
You may not believe it now but mom is very wise. :)

cj
08-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by clemsontiger@Aug 17 2003, 08:16 PM

-Peaches son
Come and visit me down under ... i'll teach you how to ride

:awinky:

(sorry mom, i couldn't resist!!)

Peaches
08-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Scores:

Ulfie - 10 points
cj - NEGATIVE 10 points!

:agrin:

SykkBoy
08-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by JR@Aug 17 2003, 03:15 PM
i think the worst part about bikes is that you are invisible to cars. that does not mean a whole lot to say... but it will when you start having everyone pull out in front of you, swerve at you and try to run you over because they just dont see you, you will know what i mean. i could not imagine my wife on a motorcycle.

of all the stupid and insane shit i ever did on any of my bikes, the close calls i had were always in and around the city, from cars or trucks who did not see me.

i owned many crotch rockets and i sold the last one (Suzuki GSXR 1100)after being in a bank in Seattle and having some woman come up to me out of the blue and start screaming at me about all the nasty shit she has seen in the emergency room from people not wearing good leather boots, jackets, pants, helmets etc. she had a complete nervous breakdown in the bank and it turned out she was an emergency room doctor whos own son just got killed. it was bizarre and surreal and it made me think about all the close calls, all the friends i know who either got killed or crippled from bikes and how i already knew i was living on borrowed time... and i went home and sold my bike.

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/suz-gsxr1100-94-bikepics-30318.jpg
Nice! I have the same bike (even same colors) but it's been in storage and I haven't even sat on it in over a eyar. Admittedly, it's too much bike for me to handle on a serious road trip. Maybe I'll sell it and get something that's not quite so powerful

Good call on the riding courses. This can't be stressed enough. No matter how good you are or think you are, there's nothing like taking a tight curve and realizing at the last minutes you're on a soft shoulder, lose gravel and/or sand and you go into panic mode realizing the bike is sliding out from under you. As a novice, you should invest in a good set of leathers and gear with chest protectors, etc. and of course a good helmet (ok, sound advice for everyone but especially when you are beginning...they don't make Nerf roads yet ;-)).

cj
08-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Aug 17 2003, 09:15 PM
Scores:

Ulfie - 10 points
cj - NEGATIVE 10 points!

:agrin:
:biglaugh:

You have nothing to fear!! I always ride safe!!! :nyanya:

Toolz
08-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by clemsontiger@Aug 17 2003, 05:16 PM

-Peaches son
It's not if you'll go down on a bike it's when.

I don't agree with the mentality of buying a small bike to start out with, if that's not what you're gonna ride normally then why learn on it? I started with an 1100, moved up to an 1800 and am now my first Harley, the Vrod. Having been through 3 bikes in 3 years just buy what you want to begin with and learn on it, there's a throttle on every bike and it only goes as fast as you want it to.

http://www.tooley.us/bike/rightaf.jpg

cj
08-17-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't agree with the mentality of buying a small bike to start out with, if that's not what you're gonna ride normally then why learn on it? I started with an 1100, moved up to an 1800 and am now my first Harley, the Vrod. Having been through 3 bikes in 3 years just buy what you want to begin with and learn on it, there's a throttle on every bike and it only goes as fast as you want it to.

Toolz, I couldn't agree more!

The law here is that you have to be on a 250 for the first year of having a license, unless you take a special course through a select registered agent ... its good in theory, except that to make better 250's they have become so light and made to ride fast - you have as much power (read DANGER) between your legs as a 600+.

I started the course that allows you to ride any power of bike when you graduate - the total course takes several weeks to go through - i have no intention of staying on a 250 and i want to know how to safely ride the bike i intend to stay on. I've seen so many boys go straight from 250's onto 1100's, ride it the same way they rode the 250 and wonder why they hurt themselves.

The first bike i got on was a 250, for about 5 hours, then i went straight to a 600 then onto the harley 1400 ... i was a danger to myself and others on all bikes :biglaugh: but especially the 1400 - nothing to do with the power of the bike, just my own inability to co-ordinate the size of the bike i was riding. Although I didn't drop it, i felt like i was lifting weights the entire time and hated every minute of it.

I really really really want to start the course again - but my confidence is totally shot and nerves aren't exactly a good riding companion. :rolleyes:

Anyone want a pillion?!?!?!
:yowsa:

XXXPhoto
08-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Aug 16 2003, 03:52 PM
OK, here goes:

ALWAYS wear a helmet. And jeans, shoes and long sleeves. The cop that came when I had my accident said would have been toast w/ them.
Hoop,

By shoes, I'm sure she means boots... Would also recommend gloves and some real leathers... gear is easier to replace than
skin.

I had my one 'walk' (ok hobble) away accident on a bike when I was 22. Was going to the lake on hot summer day, had on a
tank and shorts and sneakers. Had second thoughts so put on some jeans and boots. Thought what the hell and threw on
leather jacket and even some gloves... Gravel had washed out from the quary up from parents house on a blind curve and I
laid it down. Gloves have no palms, boot tore all to hell and ground out sleeve/sholder of jacket... All my skin is intact though... :awinky:

Toolz
08-18-2003, 12:31 AM
CJ,

You referring to sport bikes or cruisers? I wouldn't touch anything over a 750 sport bike right now though I'm tempted to add an Aprilla to my stable and I've been riding for about three years now. Everything I've ridden has been a cruiser with the exception of my enduro (650), weight difference in all of them was very little, once you get over 500lbs you can either handle the bike or you can't :) And you're right about 250's, some of them are very powerful and very fast, heck my Suzuki RM250 dirt bike was the fastest bike I ever rode, big mistake buying a race prepped bike for my first biking experience, let's just say I hope I got all my crashes outta the way off road with that bad boy :)

Ride on and keep the rubber side down

Timon
08-18-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by clemsontiger@Aug 17 2003, 08:16 PM

-Peaches son
Be a real man and steal one, if you park it 3 blocks away she'd never know.

slavdogg
08-18-2003, 02:22 AM
i never would have guessed that cj has a Harley. thats cool :okthumb:

cj
08-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Aug 18 2003, 01:30 AM
i never would have guessed that cj has a Harley. thats cool :okthumb:
i don't! i've just ridden one in circles around a quiet back street learning how to use my turn signal and steer at the same time :awinky:

the only 'harley' i have is my dog ;-)

JR
08-18-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Toolz@Aug 17 2003, 06:34 PM

http://www.tooley.us/bike/rightaf.jpg[/quote]
exactly. speaking of "laying it down..."

in Alaska, part of the test to get your motocycle license is that they ask you to lay the bike over on the asphalt and stand it up again. it was really funny. i went there to get my motorcycle license on a Kawasaki ZX-11 and he asked me to lay it down, step back... then walk up to it and stand it up again. i just looked at him and said "fuck that" and got on my bike and left. imagine paying 10 grand for a bike and being asked to throw it on the ground.

jimmyf
08-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Hooper@Aug 16 2003, 03:01 PM
you won't make it. at least not riding the bike.

Toolz
08-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by JR@Aug 18 2003, 01:24 AM

exactly. speaking of "laying it down..."

in Alaska, part of the test to get your motocycle license is that they ask you to lay the bike over on the asphalt and stand it up again. it was really funny. i went there to get my motorcycle license on a Kawasaki ZX-11 and he asked me to lay it down, step back... then walk up to it and stand it up again. i just looked at him and said "fuck that" and got on my bike and left. imagine paying 10 grand for a bike and being asked to throw it on the ground.
While that is insane I can understand the skill they're trying to make sure you have but that seems a little unncessary.

FYI, Best trick for picking up a bike I've ever seen: Went to a State Police safety show and they laid down their Road Kings and asked for the smallest lady in the audience to come up, she was probably 100lbs soaking wet the bike is around 800. Stand on the same side as the seat is facing, crouch down, put your butt in the seat and hold your handlebar with the hand closest to them and step-back into the bike, this girl picked it up with ease. Haven't tried it on my road bike but given the test I did on my enduro I'd say it'd be no problem to lift any size bike this way.

Forest
08-18-2003, 10:12 AM
http://www.foxnews.com.edgesuite.net/story...3,94981,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com.edgesuite.net/story/0,2933,94981,00.html)

Buy a small bike

LEARN how to ride

Listen to someone with 3 years experience

or someone with 24 years experience and 40k+ miles ridden

its only your life your playing with

Or even worse

"Live to ride...
Ride to live"

Forest
08-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Toolz@Aug 17 2003, 09:34 PM

OK..

so by this logic if you are a pilot and plan on flying Jumbo Jets you shouldnt start with a single engine plane?

or a race car driver and should go straight to the fastest cars?

or a scuba diver and .......

Toolz
08-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Forest,

I fail to see the correlation. A jumbo jet and a cessna are no where close to the differences in the following bikes:

1100 cc V-twin 500lbs
1800cc V-twin 700lbs
Vrod 700lbs

There is a throttle on these and if you can hold the bike up why buy a starter bike?

Guess I should have clarified, 3 years on the road 15 on dirt, I know they're not the same but if you learn throttle management it doesn't really matter what you ride.

Forest
08-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Toolz@Aug 18 2003, 10:15 AM
Forest,

I fail to see the correlation. A jumbo jet and a cessna are no where close to the differences in the following bikes:

1100 cc V-twin 500lbs
1800cc V-twin 700lbs
Vrod 700lbs

There is a throttle on these and if you can hold the bike up why buy a starter bike?

Guess I should have clarified, 3 years on the road 15 on dirt, I know they're not the same but if you learn throttle management it doesn't really matter what you ride.
dirt and road completely differnt

you have front and rear brakes

apply the front brakes incorretly and go over the bars

the rear slide or skid

people who have never ridden have no real experience with a hand throtle

another new experience

balance HUGE issue

speed and speed wabbles and if you loose a tire and being cut off and
ect ect ect

the pilot compaision was to show the amount of differnt things you need to learn between the 2

again its only your life...OR your lack there of if you are in an accident and loose all your faculties

Would you scuba dive 120ft BEFORE learning at 15?

hghpaysbig
08-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Toolz+Aug 17 2003, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toolz @ Aug 17 2003, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--clemsontiger@Aug 17 2003, 05:16 PM

-Peaches son

http://www.tooley.us/bike/rightaf.jpg[/b][/quote]
Sweet!!!!!!! vrod How do you like it my partner just looked at one and I a fat boy its all we are talkin about !

SexPranks_Dave
08-18-2003, 03:21 PM
i got a nice custom harely for sale ill get you the pic if you want

Forest
08-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SexPranks_Dave@Aug 18 2003, 02:29 PM
i got a nice custom harely for sale ill get you the pic if you want
pete

u never did answer my question on another board about your trumpcash

does the don know your useing that name?

Peaches
08-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 18 2003, 04:10 PM

Trump is a common word, no? Can we start suing adult websites for using our last names? If so, I'm gonna be worth a FORTUNE! :bjump:

Forest
08-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 18 2003, 03:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 18 2003, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Forest@Aug 18 2003, 04:10 PM

Trump is a common word, no? Can we start suing adult websites for using our last names? If so, I'm gonna be worth a FORTUNE! :bjump:[/b][/quote]
peaches

i just know how over protective trump is of his name and trademark so i was curious

Forest
08-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Aug 18 2003, 03:14 PM
Can we start suing adult websites for using our last names? If so, I'm gonna be worth a FORTUNE! :bjump:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:wnw: :wnw: :wnw: :yowsa: :biglaugh:

cj
08-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Toolz@Aug 17 2003, 11:39 PM
CJ,

You referring to sport bikes or cruisers?
sports bikes

I wouldn't touch anything over a 750 sport bike right now though I'm tempted to add an Aprilla to my stable and I've been riding for about three years now.

good choice!
although a little more than a 750, this 2004 release is nice!
http://www.aprilia.com/models03/road/eng/r.../rsvr2004.phtml (http://www.aprilia.com/models03/road/eng/rsvr2004.phtml)

this thread is bringing back my motivation :okthumb:

Toolz
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Aprila doesn't make a 750 like most of the Jap. Manufacturers does it? A 1000 with good gas control would be fine, though on open roads I definetly lack that :)

Toolz
08-19-2003, 12:57 AM
HGH,

On the Vrod or Fat Boy, only bad thing is the solid wheels, tend to cause a waver at unstability.

Forest,

I'm not pissing with you on this, you've ridden longer than I have, I'm giving my POV on buying the bike you want for the first time, either you'll learn to ride it or end up hamburger on the highway, easy enough. Hooper isn't even looking at a normal Harley but a hopped up 102 ci, if you've got the nutz and gumpstion to buy it as a starter bike then more power to you.

Hooper
08-19-2003, 01:07 AM
Does harley make a decent cruiser that isnt ridiculous?

Thanks to all the hamburger talk we've decided to take courses...fly to Phoenix.. buy bikes there.. ride to san diego.. boat to cabo... then ride san diego to phoenix and then fly home if we're still alive.

DannyCox
08-19-2003, 01:46 AM
I had a Harley years ago, but then Carol got pregnant and wouldn't let me put a children's seat on the bars.

Had to sell it :(

Danny

*KK*
08-19-2003, 03:05 AM
For a first Harley I'd be looking at the Dynas Hooper -- they are great bikes for distance, have the low balance that the more dynamic bikes have (Sporters have a really high center of gravity -- even tho they weigh less this does not make them any easier to handle btw) and ride really smoothly.

No, they dont have the flash of a Deuce or a FatBoy, but there's this thing in bikes called trade ins, just like in cars :)

If you're really set on getting a Softail right out of the gate, I'd have a close look at the Springer, especially the Heritage edition if there are still any available...