PDA

View Full Version : The perfect dinner party

cj
08-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Just finished up an evening with a few folks who were visiting from america and some of our mutual friends.

Dinner was BBQ lamb tenderloins and rib fillet ... a few simple salads and bottles of wine

I opened a bottle after dinner that i've had for a few years, that was sent to me by an american friend - its part of a boxed set of red & white ... it was a 1997 Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon and was simply amazing.

I'm trying to find a good american wine club to join that will ship to australia. Whose up for an international webmaster wine exchange?!?!

:bjump:

Forest
08-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by cj@Aug 14 2003, 08:52 AM
Dinner was BBQ lamb tenderloins and rib fillet ... a few simple salads and bottles of wine

I opened a bottle after dinner that i've had for a few years, that was sent to me by an american friend - its part of a boxed set of red & white ... it was a 1997 Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon and was simply amazing.

cj

the mt veeder would have been PERFECT with that lamb

Its an AWESOME wine!!!!!

verry jealous

:wnw:

cj
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM
heh heh

there were a couple of other folks at the table who really appreciate their reds ... there was lots of moaning going on while drinking it :biglaugh:

there's a white in the boxed set, a 98 Kistler Sonoma Coast chardonnay ... what should I cook? seafood or chicken?

Forest
08-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by cj@Aug 14 2003, 09:04 AM
heh heh

there were a couple of other folks at the table who really appreciate their reds ... there was lots of moaning going on while drinking it :biglaugh:

there's a white in the boxed set, a 98 Kistler Sonoma Coast chardonnay ... what should I cook? seafood or chicken?
seafood

tilipia is local there yes?

or any other white flakey mild fish would be Excellent with the Kistler
( nothing too oily like mackrel)

grrrrrrrr Now im really jealous

cj Aussies have some Exceptional old vine cabs and merlots

i think i could be easily persuaded to do some trading with ya on the local grape here in the usa

:wnw: :rokk: :hic: :okthumb: :salute:

cj
08-14-2003, 10:19 AM
that would be an awesome way to avoid the shit of shipping issues when packages are marked 'gift'!!

lets prepare our requests ... any other countries want to get involved?!???!
:D

Forest
08-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by cj@Aug 14 2003, 09:27 AM
that would be an awesome way to avoid the shit of shipping issues when packages are marked 'gift'!!

cj

Ill make the first box a Surprise

ask serge about my surprise selections

I think im 18 for 20 on new bottles (20 bottle bought 18 enjoyed 2 Blahhh)

LOL

gonzo
08-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Forest+Aug 14 2003, 06:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Forest @ Aug 14 2003, 06:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@Aug 14 2003, 09:27 AM

cj

LOL[/b][/quote]
Fucker only passed out the beer when I was down there.

Of course there were the theiving bastardas trying to make off with the cheap shit out of your fridge.

Forest
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Aug 14 2003, 10:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Aug 14 2003, 10:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Forest@Aug 14 2003, 06:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--cj@Aug 14 2003, 09:27 AM

cj

LOL
Fucker only passed out the beer when I was down there.

Of course there were the theiving bastardas trying to make off with the cheap shit out of your fridge.[/b][/quote]
hahahah
I know

evi came to me and said

'Forest we have Stealers in the house" in that french accent of hers

LOL

its was shit wine they might as well have taken it

Its all still here

:biglaugh:

think i was leaving my private stock out durring a party???

what is my name JR?

:biglaugh: :yowsa: