PDA

View Full Version : Vancover To Go or Not?

hghpaysbig
08-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi

Is anyone interested in going to Vancover I am trying to decide if its worth the trip lota business?

Or should i just wait till Vegas

*KK*
08-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Vancouver will not be anything like Vegas, frankly.

Vegas is a big show, everyone goes, there's lots of excitement, booths, naked women running around, naked gay men running around, tons of parties every night, that sort of thing.

Vancouver is a small event designed for networking. I think we have capped it at 250 attendees in order to keep it that way this year.

Vegas has a bit of everything for everyone. If you don't like sponsor a, or dont want to go to sponsor b's wild party, then you can always do something that sponsors c, d, or e have going on.

Vancouver is designed specifically for the attendees to be able to have quiet conversations, network, meet new people in more of a group setting.

I'm certainly not knocking Vegas, heck I've had some of my best deals happen in Vegas. Vancouver, however, is not designed to replace or compete with Vegas in any way, shape or form.

Vancouver is going to offer some things that Vegas cannot, purely due to size and time constraints, such as the golf tournament (even if you don't play you are going to want to participate), sponsor meeting areas away from the crowd, a much more relaxed atmosphere, and the chance to meet everyone you need to that is in attendance, as long as the other party is agreeable to meeting you.

There are different shows for different types of business, this one is designed to be low key and productive :)

*KK*
08-11-2003, 03:07 PM
I also didn't mean to make it sound like Van will be cut and dry business only. There will be parties, there will be fun things, there just won't be the animals loose from the circus atmosphere that seems to have pervaded the big shows of late.

Peaches
08-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Aug 11 2003, 03:14 PM
There are different shows for different types of business, this one is designed to be low key and productive :)
KK, before the registration was open, I put my email in. Then when it opened, I registered. I've not received an email confirming either. Is that OK, or is my email screwed up.....again? :(

*KK*
08-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 11 2003, 11:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 11 2003, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@Aug 11 2003, 03:14 PM
KK, before the registration was open, I put my email in. Then when it opened, I registered. I've not received an email confirming either. Is that OK, or is my email screwed up.....again? :([/b][/quote]
WEll that is a good question Peaches, one that I will have to ask Lance and Jim. They are way too smart to put me in charge of anything technical that we do ;)

sextoyking
08-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Vancouver will be kick ass!!!

Hope to see you there peaches :)

Buff
08-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Should I go?

Peaches
08-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Buff@Aug 11 2003, 03:25 PM
Should I go?
Only if you dress like Gonzo! :bjump:

Thanks, KK - I've had so many problems with my email, and I want to make sure I'm registered. B)

*KK*
08-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Buff@Aug 11 2003, 11:25 AM
Should I go?
But of course, you might even find some chicks to film some Mark Mateo stuff ;)

Anthony
08-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Buff@Aug 11 2003, 11:25 AM
Should I go?
It's one of the nicest times of the year to go. If you go, you'll have fun. Play Swaneset. Great course!

Peaches
08-11-2003, 03:39 PM
What time zone is Vancouver in? Trying to figure out how flights. :unsure:

ulfie
08-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Aug 11 2003, 02:47 PM
Pacific

Peaches
08-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ulfie+Aug 11 2003, 03:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ulfie @ Aug 11 2003, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Aug 11 2003, 02:47 PM
Pacific[/b][/quote]
Thanks - I'm glad someone could interpret what I was trying to say. :awinky:

gonzo
08-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 11 2003, 11:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 11 2003, 11:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Buff@Aug 11 2003, 03:25 PM
Should I go?
Only if you dress like Gonzo! :bjump:

Thanks, KK - I've had so many problems with my email, and I want to make sure I'm registered. B)[/b][/quote]
He aint got no fur...

Fuck chatroomromeo....long live chatroombubba!

SykkBoy
08-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 11 2003, 02:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 11 2003, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@Aug 11 2003, 03:14 PM
KK, before the registration was open, I put my email in. Then when it opened, I registered. I've not received an email confirming either. Is that OK, or is my email screwed up.....again? :([/b][/quote]
Peaches, you're fine. I see you in the database.

We'll be sending out an email soon.

I think Kimmy explained the Vancouver show best. Our motto: "Entertain. Educate. Network." means a lot and puts it in a nutshell. While we want people to come have a good time and party, we're also going to focus on providing quality roundtable discussions that aren't just the same old people talking about the same old topics.

We want the golf tourney to be more than a bunch of guys in funny pants swearing at a little white ball. We want it to be an opportunity to network in a relaxed environment. We're also adding a bunch of surprises to make it fun for people like me who may as well be golfing with a wooden spoon and a bowling ball. But I'm telling you now, the prize for worst golfer is pretty well a lock for me ;-)))

The webmaster dinner will be a place to enjoy high quality food, good conversation and relax without loud music or zany antics.

We did have amazing success with the Elvis Manson show at the Hard Rock in Toronto, so might look into another live loud music event.

SykkBoy
08-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by *KK*+Aug 11 2003, 02:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ Aug 11 2003, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Buff@Aug 11 2003, 11:25 AM
Should I go?
But of course, you might even find some chicks to film some Mark Mateo stuff ;)[/b][/quote]
...and don't forget, you can pay them in Canadian dollars ;-)))

Peaches
08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Aug 11 2003, 06:02 PM

I think Kimmy explained the Vancouver show best. Our motto: "Entertain. Educate. Network." means a lot and puts it in a nutshell. While we want people to come have a good time and party, we're also going to focus on providing quality roundtable discussions that aren't just the same old people talking about the same old topics.

Cool - thanks! :)

Should I bring my "Pee Cup"? :unsure:

SykkBoy
08-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 11 2003, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 11 2003, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Aug 11 2003, 06:02 PM

Cool - thanks! :)

Should I bring my "Pee Cup"? :unsure:[/b][/quote]
No, save it for Vegas...

instead bring your goblet for the ritual midget sacrifice and the naked nun spanking party.....

I keep hearing that nasty rumor about a huge jager tap being made available in the hospitality suite....so, you might want to bring a couple shotglasses...

http://www.tapmachineinc.com/graphics/tapbottom.gif

Peaches
08-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Aug 11 2003, 06:26 PM
I keep hearing that nasty rumor about a huge jager tap being made available in the hospitality suite....so, you might want to bring a couple shotglasses...
I'll bring Shok instead....he'll drain that thing in a heartbeat. B)

*KK*
08-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Aug 11 2003, 11:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Aug 11 2003, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Buff@Aug 11 2003, 11:25 AM
Should I go?
It's one of the nicest times of the year to go. If you go, you'll have fun. Play Swaneset. Great course![/b][/quote]
Thats where we are golfing on Friday Ant :)

Vancouver is a great airport to fly in and out of if you are American. It's clean, new, the people are friendly as hell, and with the Alaska cruises running from there for the most part, they are very used to American tourists.

The city itself is one of my favorites - waterfront location, great food, easy to navigate, accessible transportation for outings, you name it. English is the language so there's no issue there. Leave some room in your suitcase when you come up, hopefully the dollar will bounce back by then since Robson and the vicinity has some of the best shopping ever... I should be ready to buy two shoes at a time by then ;)

Plan to relax, eat, drink, learn and meet people or reacquaint yourself with people in a fun, casual atmosphere. What people do on their own time is their business but this will be a class affair on the sponsored events and in public.

Anthony
08-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Kimmy,

I gotta hand it to you, Lance, Punky, and Jason. Bravo Zulu all around. Looks like the best west coast get together yet!

*KK*
08-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Then you better sneak over the border and come with us!

Anthony
08-11-2003, 11:09 PM
I am a bit overdone on BC, after all those years and not leaving. Another decade can pass by or two. =o)

SykkBoy
08-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Aug 11 2003, 08:53 PM
Kimmy, you can smuggle him across in your shoe trunk......

*KK*
08-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Aug 11 2003, 07:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Aug 11 2003, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@Aug 11 2003, 08:53 PM
Kimmy, you can smuggle him across in your shoe trunk......[/b][/quote]
Hardly, I should be wearing two shoes again instead of one of each. There might be room to get him into Canada but a day on Robson and he won't have anywhere to hide on the way out...

:)

SykkBoy
08-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by *KK*+Aug 11 2003, 11:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ Aug 11 2003, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -SykkBoy@Aug 11 2003, 07:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@Aug 11 2003, 08:53 PM
Kimmy, you can smuggle him across in your shoe trunk......
Hardly, I should be wearing two shoes again instead of one of each. There might be room to get him into Canada but a day on Robson and he won't have anywhere to hide on the way out...

:)[/b][/quote]
hmmm, you're right...I'll fall down and fake a seizure and you pretend to be Anne Heche going insane and we'll create a distraction in customs...and while we're doing that, Ant can just sneak on by......no one will even notice

Last edited by SykkBoy at Aug 11 2003, 11:42 PM