PDA

View Full Version : Death to Spam

macho
08-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Any software solution to this? im getting hundreds per day.

Hooper
08-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Give me 20 bucks and i'll sign you up for a new email account :)

Anthony
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
I found the perfect way so you don't get spam.

Best of all, you don't need any fancy software, it's all hardware contingent!

Follow these steps:
Go to the back of your computer
Pull out power cord

Voila! No more spam!

Phoenix66
08-07-2003, 04:26 PM
www.mailwasher.net - not too much but can help a bit. It works good for me.

And if you are really serious about that, you just need to abuse every single spam message you get. Then you have a chance to get into "hard abusers" list and spammers will avoid using your address, they don't like abusers :D
Though it won't stop completelly, indeed.

kath
08-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Some folks @ Internext were saying that "macho" is not a real person but a querrying bot that hops from board to board asking questions but never comes back to continue conversation, etc.. Also heard that this name has been banned from several boards.

Is there truth to this or did *this* macho just pick a bad name with a bad rap?

Enquiring minds want to know!! :rolleyes:

gonzo
08-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by kath@Aug 7 2003, 12:39 PM
Some folks @ Internext were saying that "macho" is not a real person but a querrying bot that hops from board to board asking questions but never comes back to continue conversation, etc.. Also heard that this name has been banned from several boards.

Its a good way to get your sig up.

kath
08-08-2003, 01:12 PM
True... but since I posted this, I've seen "macho" answer in other threads that he didn't start.

I read an article recently on sig-marketing so I can see the merits, but hopefully that was just a vicious rumor going 'round the show floor...

:yowsa:

gonzo
08-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by kath@Aug 8 2003, 09:20 AM
True... but since I posted this, I've seen "macho" answer in other threads that he didn't start.

I read an article recently on sig-marketing so I can see the merits, but hopefully that was just a vicious rumor going 'round the show floor...

:yowsa:
Its not nice to be the victim of show floor rumors....

ulfie
08-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by kath@Aug 7 2003, 03:39 PM

That's all he ever does. Asks a question or makes a comment and never shows up again. Top notch sig spammer if anyone wants to hire him.

Phoenix66
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Aug 8 2003, 10:31 AM
That's all he ever does. Asks a question or makes a comment and never shows up again. Top notch sig spammer if anyone wants to hire him.
Well, that's almost the same what I do... Except that I can show up again to make more spam :D :D :D