PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as internet time?

hghpaysbig
08-07-2003, 02:19 PM
I am waiting on some many small tasks do be done that i outsorced (out of technical ignorance).
The response I just got what was "Well there is real time and there is internet time?
t/or/f

TY :headwall:

Peaches
08-07-2003, 02:46 PM
We have "mountain time" here. The people I bought my house from were supposed to close in December 2000 on the house they were building and didn't until the beginning of August 2001. Deer season, good trout fishing, a few nights out with the moonshine and apple brandy seem to make the difference. B)

Of course, I always thought "internet time" went FASTER than real time. :unsure:

Mike AI
08-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Internet Time to me is a time frame that is speeded up... Business on the internet move at a much faster pace then other business....

Vick
08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
I may have given the response to "Well there is real time and there is internet time"
as

Great, I'm glad you feel that way also, in internet time things go much faster, partially because you can work 24/7 :awinky:

Almighty Colin
08-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Internet clocks move slower than they used to. Guess we're moving pretty fast.

sarettah
08-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by hghpaysbig@Aug 7 2003, 01:27 PM
I am waiting on some many small tasks do be done that i outsorced (out of technical ignorance).
The response I just got what was "Well there is real time and there is internet time?
t/or/f

Well... It's not really "internet" time.... It's programmer time.....

The standard answer from a programmer's view is "two weeks". It's just that every time you ask the question you will get the same reply.....

Start of project: It will take about two weeks
One week in: Probably take about two weeks
Two Weeks in: Didn't I tell you it will take two weeks
Three weeks in: I told you last time TWO WEEKS... dammit
Four weeks in: Fuckin eh...I thought I told you ..."TWO WEEKS", now, if you hadnt been asking me every two fucking minutes how long it was gonna take, I could have been done two weeks ago.......

:yowsa:

Last edited by sarettah at Aug 7 2003, 03:22 PM

kath
08-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Aug 7 2003, 12:21 PM
Well... It's not really "internet" time.... It's programmer time.....

The standard answer from a programmer's view is "two weeks". It's just that every time you ask the question you will get the same reply.....

Start of project: It will take about two weeks
One week in: Probably take about two weeks
Two Weeks in: Didn't I tell you it will take two weeks
Three weeks in: I told you last time TWO WEEKS... dammit
Four weeks in: Fuckin eh...I thought I told you ..."TWO WEEKS", now, if you hadnt been asking me every two fucking minutes how long it was gonna take, I could have been done two weeks ago.......

:yowsa:
Oh ain't THAT the truth... if I had a $1 every time I'd had nearly that same identical conversation...

:moon:

hghpaysbig
08-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Ohhh the two weeks thing I hate that That remind s me of a line i hear alot
"ohh your only the third guy i have ever been with"
"I usally dont do this on the first date "
" I never did this before"

Shann
08-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Internet time is much slower than real time I have learned. An ad that should take an hour takes a week, and I've had to ask for it daily, and if it ONLY takes a week, I'm happy! :wnw: