PDA

View Full Version : My report on Adultoutsourcing

Naughty
08-07-2003, 06:01 AM
A while back I promised I would write a report on the service we used, the adultoutsourcing designer/general webmaster.

The kid who was assigned to us was a great young man, very much into his work and was trying very hard to get the jobs we asked done right, that I want to say first :)

In general, their service is pretty good, they have a few people catching up with you to ask if you are happy with your worker and if there is anything he/she needs to improve to keep you happy (sexual favors were not included:nyanya: ).

Then there is the work itself:
We though the quality of the product was not exactly what we were in need of, as far as standards are concerned, we need a higher level of quality. Also, the work was done not fast enough. On the one hand that could be logic, as in th etwo weeks we used the guy, it is all new and people need to get accustomed to their job. On the other hand - and this is why we did not continue - there is a shitload of designers available (myself included) who can do the job a lot faster, a daily visit on GFY will tell you there are many kids working a whole day for the price of a happy meal (myself NOT included :redance: ).

So, why did we not continue our free trial into a paid worker?
We thought the guy worked well, a little slow and the quality was not up to our needs. Note that they have special designers instead of general webmasters as well, we had the general webmaster.

We also figured that for 800$/month, we rather hire a designer when we really need one, than having one 8 hours a day and try to keep him busy with stuff he could do, as he could not do everything. I learned that I can actually do a lot that others can't, or think they can but suck at it, lol.

My rating.....
Skills; 5 out of 10 (but note they do have 'real' designers too at a higher rate)
Knowlegde of the bizz: 4.5 (I did have to explain a lot about what is what in the beginning, like what is an AVS and stuff like that. I think if you offer adult workers, they should know what is what)
Commitment; 8 out of 10
Price; 5.5 out of 10 (this is just because for the same price, a lot of kids will help you too, otherwise it would have been better)

If you need somebody to run errants or have the patience to get them accustomed to your company, they're perfect, I would however try to get somebody who already works there, instead of a new worker.

We cancelled the 30 day trial after 2 weeks, as I already knew we would not continue and I would not want to waste another 2 weeks of their time when they could place the worker elsewhere.

Mike AI
08-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the report. I was hoping that it would have worked out better for you. It is a great idea.... maybe over time they will be able to improve the quality of their services! There is a need for this type of company in the industry!

Hell Puppy
08-07-2003, 11:29 AM
About what I would've expected. Anyone working that cheap is not going to be highly skilled and experienced, so the work you get in return is going to reflect that.

Naughty
08-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Aug 7 2003, 07:37 AM
About what I would've expected. Anyone working that cheap is not going to be highly skilled and experienced, so the work you get in return is going to reflect that.
I tend to agree, however, labour over there is pretty cheap, their workers get paid better than average, so you would also expect they pick the best they can get.

Maybe they should shorten the 30 day free trial to 1 week and make sure the workers get a better steam course before they start working for the client.

macho
08-07-2003, 03:34 PM
well, if you're really not satisfied with the work of your staff, you can always ask for a replacement. its as simple as that. and besides, you won't be charged until your not happy with the work. Free trial is now only 7 days. you cannot really judge a company by a mistake of one. :)

Last edited by macho at Aug 7 2003, 11:43 AM

prostock
08-08-2003, 01:40 AM
hey guys , want to say hi to all
and just let you know on this matter ,
we as well are setting up the same thing and should all be in play by the end of this month

we are happy to say that we will be a bit differnt from them in many ways

I am jim owner of content2die4.com and very known on other boards , i am sure alot of the same people are here .
what is nice with us we know more about how this game works then they do , they have a good ideal but that is where it stops .

to have a team like this you need guys that are in this buisness as well so they know what to do better and can make things happen .
Well we will have all that , me and my parnter are setting up a very nice programe and we will happy to do the same , again this company will not be full speed till the end of the month

we will keep you up todate

thanks guys :wnw:

Naughty
08-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Prostock, will all due respect: This thread was not about you or any of the AOS competitors. It was a review of a company, not very polite to post your stuff in.

How would you like a thread with a review about content2die4 ending up with people telling their content is better as they CAN actually use a camera?

My 0.02

Last edited by Naughty at Aug 8 2003, 03:09 AM

Forest
08-08-2003, 08:54 AM
maybe if the guys didnt ask his customers for references he would get more business

I mean THEY are paying HIM right?

:blink: :unsure: :huh:

Forest
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
OK what do you guys think of the concept and pricing if not the service?

I have a guy in India ive been chatting with about this same thing

wondering if its worth the time

Hell Puppy
08-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 8 2003, 10:35 AM

I prefer these guys:

http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/main.asp

Naughty
08-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Forest@Aug 8 2003, 05:02 AM
maybe if the guys didnt ask his customers for references he would get more business

I mean THEY are paying HIM right?

:blink: :unsure: :huh:
That is true

Toolz
08-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Aug 8 2003, 08:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Aug 8 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Forest@Aug 8 2003, 10:35 AM

I prefer these guys:

http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/main.asp[/b][/quote]
Wow those rates are a little high when you can send it to India for .50 an hour :) What are these apes thinking charing up to 1.10 an hour jeez.

Manufacturing has gone to Mexico, Far East. Tech jobs are headed to India and Eastern Block, what are American's going to do? Flip burgers and sell t-shirts? I'm no economist but aren't the only areas growing in the US retail and food-service?

Buff
08-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Toolz+Aug 9 2003, 09:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toolz @ Aug 9 2003, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Hell Puppy@Aug 8 2003, 08:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Forest@Aug 8 2003, 10:35 AM

I prefer these guys:

http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/main.asp
Wow those rates are a little high when you can send it to India for .50 an hour :) What are these apes thinking charing up to 1.10 an hour jeez.

Manufacturing has gone to Mexico, Far East. Tech jobs are headed to India and Eastern Block, what are American's going to do? Flip burgers and sell t-shirts? I'm no economist but aren't the only areas growing in the US retail and food-service?[/b][/quote]
No, Toolz -- entrepenuerialism is growing in the US. It's our hallmark.

We're idea people. We are the innovators. Just because others can manufacture our ideas into physical products or services at lower costs doesn't mean we're doing something wrong -- it's called comparative advantage, and we have it in the ability to conceive of ways to produce goods and services people want.

Toolz
08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Buff,

As I'm sure you'd agree with me, 99% of American's aren't "idea" people it's the 1% that's creating all the work and shipping it overseas, what do the other 99% do?

One of my favorite Carlin quotes:

"Imagine how dumb the "average" American is, and realize that 49% of the population is dumber than that guy."

Buff
08-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Toolz@Aug 9 2003, 10:57 AM
Buff,

As I'm sure you'd agree with me, 99% of American's aren't "idea" people it's the 1% that's creating all the work and shipping it overseas, what do the other 99% do?

One of my favorite Carlin quotes:

"Imagine how dumb the "average" American is, and realize that 49% of the population is dumber than that guy."
Point conceded. :)