PDA

View Full Version : Dream or prediction!

dantheman
08-06-2003, 09:28 AM
#1 ranked Oklahoma Sonners came to Tuscaloosa with all of the confidence necessary to win a national title, ...or to get in trouble. Bama's stadium holds 83,000, but since that day over two million Alabamians claim to have been in attendance (about three million in the state may have watched the game on TV). Coach Shula obviously worked hard to expand the offense in just seven days. Some claimed they even doubled the number of plays in the game plan. Whatever, it didn't matter as Alabama would not be denied on this day as the steely grit of this team was forged in the heat of one of the most fiercely fought battles ever witnessed on the gridiron. After four quarters at 95* and 95% humidity, it was a wonder that either of the two teams could survive through two overtimes, much less continue the savage hitting evidenced on both sides of the ball. After watching Shaud Williams and Ray Hudson carry the team's running attack for three hours in the sweltering heat, Ken Darby came on in the 2nd overtime to catch a swing pass from Croyle and jitterbug his way 25 yards into the end zonefor a 26-23 win by Bama. The entire team, and the 75,000 Bama fans, stayed on the field for 45 minutes celebrating the victory. Everyone that watchted this game knew that this was the start of something special on the Capstone.

24 days and counting..............RTR
:rokk:

Almighty Colin
08-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Dreaming. Big time. ;-)

I hope you are right though ;-)

T-Rav
08-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Dreaming Danno!

Sorry, but it's going to look more like this:

35-6 in favor of the #1 Oklahoma Sooners. The defense contributing 3 touchdowns in this route of the Tide.

Boomer Sooner!

ulfie
08-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Pitt is going to win it all this year so stop dreaming about your nancy boy teams. :nyanya:

dantheman
08-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by T-Rav@Aug 6 2003, 10:34 AM
Dreaming Danno!

35-6 in favor of the #1 Oklahoma Sooners. The defense contributing 3 touchdowns in this route of the Tide.

Boomer Sooner!
took you long enough to get to this thread :D

T-Rav
08-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by dantheman+Aug 6 2003, 10:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dantheman @ Aug 6 2003, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--T-Rav@Aug 6 2003, 10:34 AM
Dreaming Danno!

Boomer Sooner!
took you long enough to get to this thread :D[/b][/quote]
Haha...keeping me on my toes!

It really should be a great game. I can't wait for football season...so close, yet so far away.

Vick
08-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Pssst......
The greatest of all athletic endeavors starts in 29 days

NFL FOOTBALL

ulfie
08-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Aug 6 2003, 11:26 AM
Pssst......
The greatest of all athletic endeavors starts in 29 days

NFL FOOTBALL
Steelers vs Lions on Saturday. Are you ready for some football? :bjump:

Vick
08-06-2003, 12:57 PM
and this season is a Steeler sandwich
Starting the season in Pittsburgh and in a game I hope has playoff implications ....
Ending the season with the Steelers at Baltimore

dantheman - sorry for hijacking your college football thread and moving toward Pro Football

dantheman
08-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Aug 6 2003, 12:05 PM
Starting the season in Pittsburgh and in a game I hope has playoff implications ....

dantheman - sorry for hijacking your college football thread and moving toward Pro Football
that's ok vick, REAL football(for fun not pay) is played on saturdays:)

http://www.techieboard.com/images/nph-cachecam.jpeg

RTR :rokk:

Big_S
08-06-2003, 01:24 PM

Since when are college players not paid? :awinky:

ulfie
08-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Aug 6 2003, 12:05 PM

Yeah, it will determine if the Steelers have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and whether Baltimore gets the #1 pick or not. Sorry, had to do it. :nyanya:

Vick, do you want to do a fantasy league again this year? We want to do one and have a draft. Everyone kicks in 10 or 20 bucks and winner takes all. Make it a little more interesting.

dantheman
08-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Big_S@Aug 6 2003, 12:32 PM

Since when are college players not paid? :awinky:
shhhh, that's a senstive subject in these parts B)

Vick
08-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ulfie+Aug 6 2003, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ulfie @ Aug 6 2003, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Vick@Aug 6 2003, 12:05 PM

Yeah, it will determine if the Steelers have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and whether Baltimore gets the #1 pick or not. Sorry, had to do it. :nyanya:

Vick, do you want to do a fantasy league again this year? We want to do one and have a draft. Everyone kicks in 10 or 20 bucks and winner takes all. Make it a little more interesting.[/b][/quote]
Sure I'm up for another fantasy league
Guess we'll have to move on it soon though

edit - "Steelers have home field advantage" - I think that depends of if Maddox stays healthy all year and plays like an all pro and not an insurance salesman

Last edited by Vick at Aug 6 2003, 01:19 PM

Meni
08-06-2003, 04:23 PM
GO OU baby
hell I live in NH
but OU has been my team since early to mid 80s
with Jamelle running the wishbone
I'm heading to Dallas and me and Brad are going to Norman to see OU vs Texa A&M.

Who's our QB?

Last edited by Meni at Aug 6 2003, 03:44 PM

sextoyking
08-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Watch out for my UW Huskies this year!!!

my seahawks, well that's another story :)

hghpaysbig
08-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Go BUCS!!!!!!![B][B]