PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war political body count starts

sarah_webinc
07-18-2003, 05:52 AM
This guy was called to the house of commons to answer questions about the evidence for going to war.

In this article (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801029.html) he went missing yesterday and now the radio is saying a body has been found.

Almighty Colin
07-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Why that thread title?

JR
07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
uhm... because it too late for a "Whitewater investigation body count starts"?

Winetalk.com
07-18-2003, 08:49 AM
he commited suicide by stubbing himself 21 times...
;-(((

Almighty Colin
07-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jul 18 2003, 07:57 AM
;-(((
Whew. If it were 22 I would have suspected something.

spanno
07-18-2003, 10:34 AM
this whole shit is fucked up, Tony Blair should come back to england and shut up about terrorism and stop lying about the terrorist threat

like about 10,000 times more british people die a year of smoking than terrorism, so why doesn't he sort the NHS out rather than running about the world spending stirring up shit with dumb yanks like Bush?

Bush and Blair are both getting off powertripping and having the world watching them rather than being good leaders for their countries and they're pissing arabs off and this is gonna cause trouble forever internationally and at the same time US and UK are spending too much on war and shits falling apart domestically

piss on Bush and Blair if Al Quaeda set them on fire I wouldn't

JR
07-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by spanno@Jul 18 2003, 06:42 AM
they're pissing arabs off and this is gonna cause trouble forever internationally and at the same time US and UK are spending too much on war and shits falling apart domestically

where is the evidence of pissed off Arabs?

Almighty Colin
07-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by spanno@Jul 18 2003, 09:42 AM
Bush and Blair are both getting off powertripping and having the world watching them rather than being good leaders for their countries and they're pissing arabs off and this is gonna cause trouble forever internationally and at the same time US and UK are spending too much on war and shits falling apart domestically
Ahhh, utilitarianism leads to bizarre results sometimes though I think you make a good point. How many people die of heart attacks as the result of fat-rich diets? Should we ban McDonald's though?

Poor Arabs. In 30 years the US has gone from having hardly any relations at all in the region to being a major military supplier of Egypt, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. Next up is UAE. Iraq will likely follow. What is the US doing RIGHT that has caused this shift?

Vick
07-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by spanno@Jul 18 2003, 09:42 AM
this whole shit is fucked up, Tony Blair should come back to england and shut up about terrorism and stop lying about the terrorist threat

like about 10,000 times more british people die a year of smoking than terrorism, so why doesn't he sort the NHS out rather than running about the world spending stirring up shit with dumb yanks like Bush?

piss on Bush and Blair if Al Quaeda set them on fire I wouldn't
:rolleyes: spanno - I'd piss on you if you were on fire
so please set yourself on fire while I have a few pints and work up a really good piss to put you out with :yowsa:

Almighty Colin
07-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Jul 18 2003, 09:57 AM

:rolleyes: spanno - I'd piss on you if you were on fire
Does he have to be on fire? :groucho:

Almighty Colin
07-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Firepissers. Sounds like new content niche.

sarah_webinc
07-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Jul 18 2003, 04:50 AM
Why that thread title?
well...

#1 he was just called to testify to Parliment regarding the war
#2 he went missing within a week of doing so
#3 he is dead so therefore is a body to be counted

Torone
07-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jul 18 2003, 07:57 AM
;-(((
Kinda like that terrorist leader who was hiding in Iraq...last year, he machinegunned himself! :agrin:

JR
07-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sarah_webinc+Jul 18 2003, 07:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarah_webinc @ Jul 18 2003, 07:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Jul 18 2003, 04:50 AM
Why that thread title?
well...

#1 he was just called to testify to Parliment regarding the war
#2 he went missing within a week of doing so
#3 he is dead so therefore is a body to be counted[/b][/quote]
#1 he was not confirmed dead at the time you posted this
#2 he bled to death from a slashed wrist.
#3 there was no sign of foul play.
#4 i think that one could easily lay more blame at the feet of UK journalists than the British government.
#5 UK journalists are some of the most rutheless assholes in the business... the guy shouting things in the background like "do you feel you have blood on your hands" and "will you resign over this" to Blair at a press conference in Tokyo with the Japanese Prime Minister was a perfect example.

Last edited by JR at Jul 19 2003, 06:49 AM

sarah_webinc
07-19-2003, 12:04 PM
#1 when I posted this a 'body matching his description' had been found. In the UK that means he was found but no one has offically identified the body yet.
#2 Yeah, slit writsts. I didn't say anyone killled him but killing yourself in connection to the issue and your treatment by the gov't does indeed count in my book.
#3 Have you seen the hearings? All of the talk over here -including from his family - has been about the treatment he recieved in the hearings (including one guy screaming 'you are in the high court of Parliment, sir' when he took a second to answer something).
#4. Do you know who Alistair Campbell is and about his connection to this story and his connection to Tony Blair? This is siguarly the most serious thing to happen under Tony Blair's watch since he took office. It will be the start of his end and the journalists had very little if anything to do with that. Blair NEEDS to stand up to Campbell and get rid of him. If he does he might just come out of this. If he doesn't he has lost the plot.

JR
07-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sarah_webinc@Jul 19 2003, 08:12 AM
#1 when I posted this a 'body matching his description' had been found. In the UK that means he was found but no one has offically identified the body yet.
#2 Yeah, slit writsts. I didn't say anyone killled him but killing yourself in connection to the issue and your treatment by the gov't does indeed count in my book.
#3 Have you seen the hearings? All of the talk over here -including from his family - has been about the treatment he recieved in the hearings (including one guy screaming 'you are in the high court of Parliment, sir' when he took a second to answer something).
#4. Do you know who Alistair Campbell is and about his connection to this story and his connection to Tony Blair? This is siguarly the most serious thing to happen under Tony Blair's watch since he took office. It will be the start of his end and the journalists had very little if anything to do with that. Blair NEEDS to stand up to Campbell and get rid of him. If he does he might just come out of this. If he doesn't he has lost the plot.
:P

#1 - "not identified" means just that. it means that until its official.. its just speculation and assumption.

#2 "killing yourself in connection to the issue and your treatment by the gov't" - that is also an assumption. a BIG assumption that a guy with a family would kill himself ONLY because of this issue.

why aren't you assuming he had a history of being suicidal since he comitted suicide? thats much more logical that "the government made him do it"

#3 i watch BBC World all day long. i watched the hearings. i watch Parliment sessions whenever i can because its both entertaining and impressive. I think Blair handles himself VERY well considering its just one viscious attack after another and PM's heckling like they are at a Martin Lawrence standup show.

I will be in London in one week and we can watch it together. :)

#4 unless i am mistaken, Alistair Campbell has been cleared of everything by the recent governemnt inquiries... he just has not been cleared of everything by the press... big difference.

sarah_webinc
07-19-2003, 01:54 PM
one of the headlines today wsa

'Spun to death'

Alistar was cleared by mostly his own party. Fact is he is what is causing the bad will between the Labour Party and the people at the moment. This is not a one off thing.

I am not anti-Blair but when you spokesperson becomes the story it is time to say goodbye. Campbell has been the story for about four years. Now, his spinning has caused problems beyond this and the Iraq conflict. However, when it comes to the conflict it becomes all the more important. The 'dodgy dosier' being an example.

Also, they don't even say a body was found here unless there is a strong idea that it is the missing person. If they have announced he is missing and then call a press conference saying they found a body matching his description near where he went for a walk then, trust me, they are saying it is him ..and it was ;)

sarettah
07-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Shades of Vince Foster perhaps ????? :blink:

Hooper
07-19-2003, 11:25 PM
JR, I'm beginning to suspect that you may be a red coat.