PDA

View Full Version : JFK's Latest Adventure

JFK
07-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Just a little update on JFK's weekend. Went for a bike ride up to his brothers cottage in the Muskokas. On his way back home ran into a deer. And I mean quite litterly ran into a deer :headwall:

Outcome - deer is DOA, bike is critical, and JFK is one lucky SOB
He has 4 broken ribs on one side and 2 cracked on the other. A bad ass case of road rash on both arms and a couple of skinned knees. Feels pretty much like he's been run over by a truck but lives to tell the tale :okthumb:

They're sending him home tomorrow, won't be moving too fast for a while so you're all gonna have to slow down or stand still so he can take your pics at the parties. No making him run after yer bad selves :nyanya:

Mrs F.U.B.A.R.

Forest
07-08-2003, 08:59 PM
hope he was wearing a helmet

:(

get well jfk

Then repair the Bike

:okthumb:

JFK
07-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Helmet laws are a good thing...

Yes he was wearing his
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/jfk/z00249.jpg

Mrs F.U.B.A.R.

Forest
07-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JFK@Jul 8 2003, 08:11 PM
Helmet laws are a good thing...

Yes he was wearing his
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/jfk/z00249.jpg

Mrs F.U.B.A.R.
:wnw:

Helmets save lives

God speed to him please from all of us Mrs Fubar
:salute:

Last edited by Forest at Jul 8 2003, 08:15 PM

Peaches
07-08-2003, 09:22 PM
OMG!! :zoinks:

Glad to hear he's OK!! Thanks for letting us know. I don't ride bikes any more after my accident, but those helmets ARE lifesavers.

Best of luck to BOTH of you while he mends! :awinky:

Buff
07-08-2003, 09:52 PM
I posted this on GFY, but make sure you pass on our best wishes to JFK.... we already miss him!

Any photos of the deer? :D

Mike AI
07-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Ooops!!

Hate when Buff house sits. He changes all the defaults on my computer... that and he lit all of Katie's decorative cancles, and the dogs have funny looks on their faces...

Guess we know why Buff is still single....

Forest
07-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 8 2003, 09:03 PM
Ooops!!

and the dogs have funny looks on their faces...

Guess we know why Buff is still single....
serge tells me sonja has a similar expression when she gets home from mikew's

coincidence?

:unsure: :blink:

Peaches
07-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 8 2003, 10:03 PM
that and he lit all of Katie's decorative cancles
Your candles should NEVER have a white wick! Buff was just trying to make sure your house was considered for Southern Living. :)

Mike AI
07-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Your candles should NEVER have a white wick! Buff was just trying to make sure your house was considered for Southern Living.

Where did you get this info from?

He burned candles that had flowers and stuff in it. I can see being a guy, being confused what candles can be used ( that is why I light NONE), but he then let candle wax drip everywhere.... on the mantle, the floor, carpet....

Katie is going to strangle him when she sees him!

:zoinks:

Peaches
07-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 8 2003, 10:23 PM
Your candles should NEVER have a white wick! Buff was just trying to make sure your house was considered for Southern Living.

I guess it's a Southern Living thing. My Mom had 3 houses in it and my Aunt and Grandmother each had one (WE moved a lot :awinky: ). That was something my Grandmother had always done and apparently the decorators at SL said it was "proper". And now every time I buy a candle, I come home, light it, let it burn to the tip of the wax and blow it out again, lol!

He burned candles that had flowers and stuff in it. I can see being a guy, being confused what candles can be used ( that is why I light NONE), but he then let candle wax drip everywhere.... on the mantle, the floor, carpet....

Why yes, yes she is! Mantle, floor and carpet??!! Even my kid knows better than that. :zoinks:

Forest
07-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 8 2003, 09:23 PM

Bufffffff

you got some esspplllaaaiiniiiiinnn tooo doooooooo

:unsure:

Mike AI
07-09-2003, 01:28 AM
I guess it's a Southern Living thing. My Mom had 3 houses in it and my Aunt and Grandmother each had one

That is awesome!!! Can I get them to come to my house in Tampa.... I need some help!

:D

Peaches
07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 9 2003, 01:36 AM
I guess it's a Southern Living thing. My Mom had 3 houses in it and my Aunt and Grandmother each had one

That is awesome!!! Can I get them to come to my house in Tampa.... I need some help!

:D
My mother would LOVE to do it, lol! Since she's "retired" and no longer wanted a house, she bought 3 apartments in a retirement community, knocked down walls and has a "house" with no upkeep. :P We we moved, she'd take a perfectly good house and basically gut it. Dad starting letting her build houses from the ground up. :awinky:

My SIL is also an interior designer.

Me? I just buy things I think are pretty and shove them wherever there's room. I'm the black sheep even in decorating. :matey:

JFK
07-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Good wishes Guys, I am out of the hospital, and Guess I shall see you at the Internext Show in FLA ! :bjump:

Forest
07-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by JFK@Jul 9 2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the Good wishes Guys, I am out of the hospital, and Guess I shall see you at the Internext Show in FLA ! :bjump:
jfk

If you make it over to my party Ill be sure to rotate everyone past you in party form so you wont have to get up

:okthumb:

kath
07-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Glad to hear you made it home JFK....ouch! That pic of the helmet tells quite a story in itself.

:blink:

You and my hubby should go deer hunting together. He killed one a few years back (accidentally) with a Kenworth! It was during the holidays and I kept teasing I was going to tell the kids that Daddy killed Rudolf! :yowsa:

Hope ya get some good rest and heal up - Forest has a great idea...we'll just bring everyone to you for pics....you take it easy! :okthumb:

JFK
07-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Forest+Jul 9 2003, 10:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Forest @ Jul 9 2003, 10:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JFK@Jul 9 2003, 12:21 PM
jfk

If you make it over to my party Ill be sure to rotate everyone past you in party form so you wont have to get up

:okthumb:[/b][/quote]
Excellent Idea Forest, Kath the Kenworth has a little more weight advantage over the Harley, But its still not a pleasant thing to go trough.