PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Or Sacreligious?

SykkBoy
06-17-2003, 04:15 PM
details on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and finally a good pic of Leatherface (http://www.creature-corner.com/news3/jun16tcmreleasedate.php3)

At first I totally totally totally hated the idea of this remake....but the new Leatherfacce getup looks pretty good...but unless I see this movie come out with the following movie rating reasons: Extremely excessive gory/strong horror violence, nudity, acts of depravity and cannibalism...then this is a rental at best......

Opti
06-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jun 18 2003, 06:23 AM
details on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and finally a good pic of Leatherface (http://www.creature-corner.com/news3/jun16tcmreleasedate.php3)

At first I totally totally totally hated the idea of this remake....but the new Leatherfacce getup looks pretty good...but unless I see this movie come out with the following movie rating reasons: Extremely excessive gory/strong horror violence, nudity, acts of depravity and cannibalism...then this is a rental at best......
aaaaahhh.... NO..

No matter what special effects and hype they use.. the time in history that the original came out was a big part of it's success imho.. remember how horrified people were at it.. What sort of horror movie would it take to horrify the general public that much today? Maybe Silence of the Lambs did it to a lesser extent..

edit* I am lined up and READY for www.thehulk.com though :D

Last edited by Opti at Jun 18 2003, 06:36 AM

SykkBoy
06-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Opti@Jun 17 2003, 03:35 PM
What sort of horror movie would it take to horrify the general public that much today? Maybe Silence of the Lambs did it to a lesser extent..

edit* I am lined up and READY for www.thehulk.com though :D
Maybe an American version of "Battle Royale"? ;-))

I'll be lined up to see The Hulk as well, since I'll have to wait a couple more weeks for "28 Days Later"

Opti
06-17-2003, 07:10 PM
The trailer for 28 days later looks interesting... kind of like a day of the triffods storyline... just being a movie starring zombies would have been enough to stop me looking at it before...

American battle royale... hmmm from the sound of it the English did it first with lord of the Flies.. I seem to recall an American film along this theme too... the last beach or some name along those lines maybe?

SykkBoy
06-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Opti@Jun 17 2003, 06:18 PM
The trailer for 28 days later looks interesting... kind of like a day of the triffods storyline... just being a movie starring zombies would have been enough to stop me looking at it before...

American battle royale... hmmm from the sound of it the English did it first with lord of the Flies.. I seem to recall an American film along this theme too... the last beach or some name along those lines maybe?
Battle Royale is a bit harsher than Lord Of The Flies, but yeah, pretty similar...
but, considering the original Battle Royale can't even find a distributor in the States willing to pick it up, doesn't bode well for an American remake....but the remake would probably be some suckfest starring Haley Joel Osmet and the kids will all be armed with stuffed animals instead of guns, pans, knives and assorted cutlery....