PDA

View Full Version : Hosted Galleries to promote programs

Dianna Vesta
06-14-2003, 05:58 PM
I’ve notice that some programs offer hosted galleries to their affiliates. Can anyone tell me more about this or offer positive or negative feed back?

If you’re an affiliate how do you feel about them?

Also, if I’m hosting them and my webmasters put their link codes, once they are there is it carried over via cookie? Can someone explain?

Thanks!

drunkdollars
06-14-2003, 09:34 PM
We use php to pass the reseller code to the tours and they work great for us.

Just make sure your not paying to much for B/W :)

Timon
06-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Make sure you have cheap bandwidth or an unmetered 10mbps pipe!! With the average hosting deal this will cost you more than it will earn you as TGP traffic uses up major bandwidth while producing little sign-ups, and even the sign-ups you do get aren't quality sign-ups.

Dianna Vesta
06-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Timon@Jun 14 2003, 11:38 PM
Make sure you have cheap bandwidth or an unmetered 10mbps pipe!! With the average hosting deal this will cost you more than it will earn you as TGP traffic uses up major bandwidth while producing little sign-ups, and even the sign-ups you do get aren't quality sign-ups.
So what's the perk? I can see that you have more control over your galleries as far as the look and qaulity.

Sean from Mach10, are you around? let's ask him.

also, has anyone here used a Helix server?

Timon
06-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Perk? No perk, just another promo tool ;-)
But a very expensive promo tool if you're paying a buck a gig.

richmedia
06-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Hello Dianna Vesta
Read my article about FHG's:
http://www.freehostedgalleries.com/?page=about_fhg

Dianna Vesta
06-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by richmedia@Jun 15 2003, 10:04 AM
Hello Dianna Vesta
Read my article about FHG's:
http://www.freehostedgalleries.com/?page=about_fhg
Thank you rich. It looks interesting. I'll check it out. Maybe I can ICQ you with additional questions?