PDA

View Full Version : Your last 10K cash

Dianna Vesta
06-06-2003, 03:27 PM
You’ve had a really crappy year in 2002. The stock market and other business projects didn’t bring positive revenues. You look at your bottom line and it’s bleak. You then look at cash available to you, not credit cards or loans and you have 10,000.00 left to your name.

What’s your next move?

What is your best business strategy with this budget to pull you out of the hole?

Lol- drugs, booze and suicide are not an option.

MikeW
06-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Jun 6 2003, 03:35 PM
HAHAHAHA ...

drugs, booze and suicide are ALWAYS an option ;-))

:blink: :hic: :rokk:

Winetalk.com
06-06-2003, 03:40 PM
DV,
you have lots of land...open Dog's Resort!

spanno
06-06-2003, 03:47 PM
I'd be fucked cos I haven't made my first $10k yet

dantheman
06-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Glad you didnt put strippers and hookers on the not a option list :)

sarettah
06-06-2003, 04:05 PM
10,000 power ball tickets...............

:yowsa:

MikeW
06-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by dantheman@Jun 6 2003, 04:08 PM
Glad you didnt put strippers and hookers on the not a option list :)
I was JUST getting ready to edit my post to include those as well ;-)) :wnw:

TheEnforcer
06-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Jun 6 2003, 02:35 PM

Take me to the craps table baby! :rokk: :P

kath
06-06-2003, 04:17 PM
I have $10,000????? :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

photogregg
06-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Don't worry about the money....go for lots of laughter, fun, adventure and sex....heck might as well get it while you can...there's a million things out there that might kill you tomorrow. Hate to think I missed some fun before I go.

Dianna Vesta
06-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jun 6 2003, 02:48 PM
DV,
you have lots of land...open Dog's Resort!
<smile> I am opening a resort of sorts. We break ground in two months. A pool, cabins, horse stables, trail rides, events. It's called Panthers Crossing. I thought I told you this. It's also an animal sanctuary & we've already begun adopting lots of animals.

To be honest with Serge I've often thought about opening a really upscale kennel/camp out here in the country. I've thought about that for years. I love dogs, I have three large dogs and I know that in South Florida it would do really well. It's rare when I take my dog to a kennel but there are times when I'm gone for the day and evening where I don't want them alone all day. I've used a place in Davie but often when I'd call they were booked and even had a waiting list. Most places like that do. This was just for day care. It was expensive and I normally always paid for a bath while they were there.

Right now I'm having some trouble with zoning and I'm not sure I can put the type fo cabins I want. The country is funny and even though I'm zoned for a lot of things agricultural there's always some teeth pulling to get exactly what you want.

If I can't do the cabins I'll most certain reconsider my e-LAB-borate doggie resort.

Kisses

Dianna Vesta
06-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Wow I’m really surprised I didn’t get any intellectual replies. I bet there are at least a half dozen people here that you could dump on a street corner with LESS then 10.00 and they’d find a way to make it and a make it good. Give them 10K and they’ll be making a good living in a year or less.

cj
06-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Jun 7 2003, 07:28 AM
Wow I’m really surprised I didn’t get any intellectual replies. I bet there are at least a half dozen people here that you could dump on a street corner with LESS then 10.00 and they’d find a way to make it and a make it good. Give them 10K and they’ll be making a good living in a year or less.
I'd do better with $10
Nothing motivates like desperation ;-)

I'd take my 10k to the craps table with TheEnforcer ...

Dianna, few are going to give you an intellectual reply to this subject as that would be revealing our business plans ...

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 09:12 AM
if I wake up one day and find that there is only 10k left,
it would mean only ONE thing to me:
LL should fulfill her lifetime dream and become the content girl!

JohnIP, are you still running In Praise?
;-)))

cj
06-07-2003, 09:14 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

its an equal opportunity world these days serge, you could whore your ass too ...
:biglaugh:

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jun 7 2003, 08:22 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

its an equal opportunity world these days serge, you could whore your ass too ...
:biglaugh:
cj, as you know, in our family,
what good for a goose,
is good for a gander ;-))) (http://dangerous-hosting.com/~brian/humgums.mpeg)

cj
06-07-2003, 09:40 AM
eeewwwwwwww

that was sooo gross!!!
:blink:

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jun 7 2003, 08:48 AM
eeewwwwwwww

that was sooo gross!!!
and you think your suggestion wasn't??????
;-)))

Timon
06-07-2003, 10:10 AM
I'd spend my last $10k on getting even with the guy who messed with my business...

(hint, hint, HINT)

cj
06-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jun 7 2003, 09:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jun 7 2003, 09:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@Jun 7 2003, 08:48 AM
eeewwwwwwww

that was sooo gross!!!
and you think your suggestion wasn't??????
;-)))[/b][/quote]
not at all!!
plenty of desperate old bags out there looking for an old fart to purve at!! just like in the movie!! FUCK MY FACE SONNY!! hahahahhaaa

Timon, i'm not good with hints ...
details!!!

Timon
06-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jun 7 2003, 09:21 AM
Timon, i'm not good with hints ...
details!!!
It wasn't meant for you ;-)

cj
06-07-2003, 10:17 AM
i still want the details ....
:P

Timon
06-07-2003, 10:25 AM
You might get the details but not from me.

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Timon@Jun 7 2003, 09:33 AM
You might get the details but not from me.
Timon,
you looking for a picture of a certasin hosting company owner has anything to do with "details"?
;-)

I sent it to Ham Burger....
;-)))

Mike AI
06-07-2003, 12:01 PM
10k in cash is enough to start and do something with.... Most of us came to the adult industry with less then that. I personally started with a credit card, old computer and dial up account out of my bedroom in my moms house.

10k would be still enough to do something on the net to at least try to boot strap you up.

While adult is going down faster then a choir boy on Father O'Henry, I still think it is the best opportunity to make money. This is one reason I am investing money for new sites, custom content, etc....

I look at other investments, and other opportunities and none have the same potential - at least for right now.

With 10k and NO credit.... not much one could reall do. With good credit there are lot more possibilities.

I know there are some small franchise opportunities that are available for 10k or so.....

But at the end of the day, it might be time to GET A JOB WITH SOMEONE ELSE..... ( of course with a website you could run it at night on your own time, and still have a job to keep you fed)

Oh and I love the idea of a doggie camp in Florida - I could use one when I travel.... need to make it closer to Tampa! Or do pick and up delivery.... you would love my 2 dogs!!

Sorry for rambling on, I just woke up....

:D

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine launched www.ukvideobabes.com a few years back on £1.5k ($2.5k) He paid back his mortgage within a year from it.

Nickatilynx
06-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Option A - Airline ticket to Brisbane :)
Option B - Buy 100k of traffic and shave 90% :)
Option C - Buy 5k of weed and a skidoo :)

10k capital is more than most "playas" put into this game intially .Mine was $300 for a server @ janey.net :)

cj
06-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jun 7 2003, 03:38 PM

if you do this in brisbane, call it a jetski ;-)

Opti
06-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jun 8 2003, 06:38 AM
Option A - Airline ticket to Brisbane :)
Option B - Buy 100k of traffic and shave 90% :)

10k capital is more than most "playas" put into this game intially .Mine was $300 for a server @ janey.net :)
don't limit yourself!!! you can have all that for 10k

Flight to Brisvegas wouldn't be more than 5k
5k weed is more than enough in wages to kick you off with a top notch team of the local marketing experts to cover that 100k traffic and still have plenty of personal leftover... is a skidoo for cutting it up or smoking it? No worries... pair of scissors, an empty Orchy, 6" of the neighbours hose and Bob's your Uncle mate!

R-n it feels good making peoples dreams come true! :D

Dianna Vesta
06-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Mike AI: 10k in cash is enough to start and do something with.... Most of us came to the adult industry with less then that. I personally started with a credit card, old computer and dial up account out of my bedroom in my moms house.>>>>>

DV: I started my phone room and magazine with start-up money. Back then you had to. When that went belly up I started my online business 30K in the red, with debt. That was back in 1995. Luckily I was still doing consulting and doing pro-domination sessions throughout the week.

Mike AI: While adult is going down faster then a choir boy on Father O'Henry, I still think it is the best opportunity to make money. This is one reason I am investing money for new sites, custom content, etc....>>>>>

DV: Remember last year we were talking about this? Things started to change. The only ones that will survive this domino effect will be business people who have already diversified in the industry and begin using standard business practices. Not this “Open window in and out” concept so many adult webmasters were successful at for a time.

Custom content, quality niches, well run businesses will survive. I’m actually kind of happy about the changes because I see my signups increasing. I don’t have to compete as hard.

Mike AI: I look at other investments, and other opportunities and none have the same potential - at least for right now.>>>>

DV: I will always have a few projects going on. I never put all my eggs in one basket. Last night I was talking to a close friend who I do some non-adult business with. The truth is that there isn’t anywhere I can make this kind of money doing as little as I do. I make money when I’m sleeping. I like that!

Mike AI: But at the end of the day, it might be time to GET A JOB WITH SOMEONE ELSE..... ( of course with a website you could run it at night on your own time, and still have a job to keep you fed)>>>>

DV: this is how I got started. I didn’t fire my clients until I knew I could recover the income. I have a lot of family responsibilities. I can’t afford to take too many risk but at the same time risk if the only way you’ll soar high.

Mike AI: Oh and I love the idea of a doggie camp in Florida - I could use one when I travel.... need to make it closer to Tampa! Or do pick and up delivery.... you would love my 2 dogs!!>>>

DV: I love the idea too. After all I have so much land here. I LOVE dogs. I’m going to do some numbers and see what works. I’m way out in the country which is really nice. I know friends in NYC that drive their dogs two hours each way to take their pets to a nice safe doggie camp. I want mine to be really posh. I would install cams everywhere, set up a site so that people could logon and see their pets and the facility. I think that would be a big perk.I always wanted to get into the cam business, right?

It’s going to cost a lot more then 10K to do that business right!

Dianna Vesta
06-10-2003, 10:10 AM
>>>Oh and I love the idea of a doggie camp in Florida - I could use one when I travel.... need to make it closer to Tampa! Or do pick and up delivery.... you would love my 2 dogs!!>>>

DV: Mike you could invest in a doggie camp and we'll send a driver to pick up your dogs in tampa! No problem. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Look it this way:

You have a local place in tampa that charges 20.00 a day per dog & they give them a bath. They stay in runs the whole time but get a daily walk which you pay extra for. It takes you 20 minutes to drive.

There's another place 2 hours away that is a country setting, lots of places to run, they sleep in rooms, not runs- have music, playtime, a bath, walks and treats. If they like water a few kiddie pools and play time with other dogs. You can logon while your out of town and SEE your baby having fun or being cared for. It cost you the time and $30.00 a day. lol- ok maybe not 30 but you'd pay more but you wouldn't have all these extra cost: 3.95 for 15 minute play time, etc.

lol- I can monitor my employees while working on my adult sites.

JR
06-10-2003, 10:19 AM
why 10,000.00?

with ZERO money, me and my partner several years ago did the following.
--------------------------------------------------------
First, we had an argument about success and wealth and "what it takes to make it"

Second, i told him we were going to buy a house with no cash, no credit and no credit history.

Third, i educated myself. By chance, a good friend of mine who was a mortgage broker moved to Seattle from CO. I met with him for hours and hours and hours just asking questions about lending.

i learned after talking to several lenders and my friend that banks would probably not lend us money without a massive down payment and that mortgage companies are a little easier to borrow from since mortgage companies more or less execute against formulas and banks loan to people.

Fourth, i realized that i needed to do 3 things.

1) find the down payment (borrow from a friend)
2) have someone co-sign on the loan
3) after 1 year of making payments on time, we could refinance it into our name, pay off the loan and lower the payment at the same time.

Five, we just started making offers on cheap houses just to see what would happen.

Six, we got lucky - one of the biggest morons i have ever dealt with in my life accepted our offer for NO reason that we could understand. He was asking 95K for a house in a shitty area of Seattle. We offered him 75K and he accepted.

- note: we never understood why he sold the house so cheap. He either did not understand the market (which we thought was the most likely) or, was getting a divorce or had some reason to dump his assets. one thing i learned over time though was that most properties are sold for reasons we never consider (deaths, divorces, IRS etc)

One of the cool things about borrowing money from a mortgage company/bank.. is that they appraise the property and insure that you are not about to do something stupid with their money. so idiots are protected.

The house was appraised at 120K (plus we were making improvements as well to bring the value up)

Seven: THAT MEANS that we already knew a few things in advance.

1) the house was already valued at 120K and we were buying it for 75K
- that means that if the market was steady, we could refinance AND borrow the money out of the house that we would borrow to pay the down payment.

2) the house was expected to increase in Value at about 7% over the coming year - which gave added insurance that we could borrow money out to pay back the original downpayment money.

B-O-N-U-S!!!

We learned that the house was also being rented through a HUD program through the Seattle Public Housing Authority. The rentor was handicapped. They paid 90% of her rent if i recall AND they paid MORE rent than the house could get on the market.

The City decided the house could rent through their program for 1150.00 per month IF we added one more bedroom and made some small changes. We did that and took advantage of the housing shortage for this program and knew now that we had a virtual 100% guarantee of collecting 1150.00/mo to cover payments of about 800.00/mo.

Eight: i went to my grandfather and asked him if he would give me 15K at 10% interest for one year.

it did not come easy and i had to show him the appraisals and justify everything and guarantee him that i could pay him back.

i had my mortgage broker friend come meet him to explain things in further detail just for added assurance.

Nine: he agreed, gave me the money and bought the house.

Ten: in one year, we refinanced it, took out 25K and paid my grandfather back 15K and kept 10K... and the house supported itself.

------------

Its not about how much money you have.... its about will and determination to succeed.

i have been broke many times. most of the time, i just enjoyed the challenge of making money again from nothing.

Dianna Vesta
06-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Damn JR you should an infomercial! Lol

I’ve had a really good life. Made money, lost money, been all over the world and I’m no where near done. The only difference now is that I’m far more calculating. Experience does that to a person.

But in all honesty I don’t think someone with great determination needs 10K. I was just curious if anyone could or would. It’s not about the money.

I’ve always owned houses and made great money on them. I buy them, fix them up, live in them rent free (or after the offset) and sell them. Real estate has always been good for me.

There was this thing on E about Madonna. She’s purchased lots of huge houses and has made millions in profit from reselling them. Of course you have to have a ,million or two to buy them or find a loan somewhere.

JR
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Dianna,
this is one of the better places for real estate that i know of if you are interested. i always read this board.

http://www.thecreativeinvestor.com

Dianna Vesta
06-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by JR@Jun 10 2003, 10:49 AM
Dianna,
this is one of the better places for real estate that i know of if you are interested. i always read this board.

http://www.thecreativeinvestor.com
That's pretty cool. Thank you. I'll be checking it out.

OldJeff
06-10-2003, 04:08 PM
DV - you should open that kennel in Jersey

Last one I had to use cost 35 a day, plus play time, walk time, etc, was an hour drive (the 20 minute drive one is booked for almost a year) and our dog returned to us with a sprained tail.

Next trip we take I am paying a friend the kennel fees to a friend to house / dog sit