PDA

View Full Version : Iraq WMD

Ironhorse
06-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Blix: America jumped to a conclusion over weapons
By Anne Penketh
06 June 2003

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politi...sp?story=412792 (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=412792)

Hans Blix, the chief UN weapons inspector, said yesterday that it was "not justified to jump to the conclusion" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction simply because Saddam Hussein's regime had failed to account for missing arms.

His parting shot to the Security Council will bolster the anti-war camp, which believed the Iraqi threat did not justify military action.

Torone
06-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Blix is not only an idiot, he's also on someone's payroll...

Think about this:
If Hussein had no WMD's why not simply throw open the doors and say "look for them". He would still b in power.

JR
06-06-2003, 04:38 AM
isn't it also correct to assume that since he was known (as reported by weapons inspectors, Saddam's Government and the UN) to have illeagal weapons and programs unnacounted for that they still exist?

the same logic applies in the opposite direction. --- if weapons were known to exist and were not proven to not exist... the assumption has to be that they continue exist.

Rolo
06-06-2003, 05:18 AM
Are we talking about the same Saddam who killed 3000-5000 Kurds in the village of Halajba using WMD and attacked upto 200 other Kurdish villages with WMD?

If people want evidence of WMD, then I suggest too speak with the Kurds, they know first hand what they are. Going around in the dessert and dig for barrels is stupid, when the evidence is just infront of our eyes!
I do not need to see WMD, when I can see babies born TODAY with birth defects because of WMD.

There is never "just" one event which cause nations to go to war... there are several events, which will leed to war. Saying it was because of "Oil", "WMD", "Saudi Arabia", "Terror", "Saddam", "Freedom" etc. is wrong - its the sum of all those problems which lead several nations to go to war with Saddam.

Torone
06-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Actually, we don't need WMD's...Saddam was paying terrorists, training terrorists, and providing refuge for terrorists. That was more than enough.

Hell Puppy
06-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Torone@Jun 6 2003, 06:18 AM
Actually, we don't need WMD's...Saddam was paying terrorists, training terrorists, and providing refuge for terrorists. That was more than enough.
Exactly, that was the excuse for going in, not the reason.

The reason was to put on a whoop-ass demonstration for the Arab nations who harbor and support terrorism in response to 9/11.

Afghanistan was just the immediate response to the attacks and the pursuit of Osama and those most directly responsible.

Saddam's Iraq was a regime that was feared and considered one of the most militarily powerful in the region by many of their Arab neighbors. They've also thumbed their nose at the U.S. throughout the Clinton years with no real repercussions. Taking them out so proficiently and with relatively little effort sends a powerful message to their Arab neighbors.

It appears that message was received loud and clear by many of the intended recipients. The pucker factor among those remaining regimes in the region who have strained relations with the U.S. and ties to terrorism is pretty high right now.

WMDs or not, Saddam was basically begging for an ass whipping. There's been more than enough heinous things uncovered in Iraq to justify taking him out.

Ironhorse
06-07-2003, 05:01 AM
Current Iraq WMD technology was never the real reason for going in, but it was overhyped to the point of expectaction and currently this issue dominates global media attention and in the absence of proof I think the US will lose a little credibility.

However, this post was a follow up on pre-war post on this board when someone, actually quite a few folks predicted the CIA would produce this WMD evidence if it wasn't found.

Last edited by Ironhorse at Jun 7 2003, 03:11 AM

Almighty Colin
06-07-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Ironhorse@Jun 7 2003, 04:09 AM
However, this post was a follow up on pre-war post on this board when someone, actually quite a few folks predicted the CIA would produce this WMD evidence if it wasn't found.
I'm quite surprised there hasn't been faked evidence. George Bush is too honest? ;-)

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Who cares we are going to have cheap petrol now. That was the whole idea of the war. Who gives a shit about the people of Iraq. That fill up my SUV for cheap!

It actually sucks, when another style attack like 10/11 happens everyone will be asking why us, what did we do?

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 02:04 PM
http://www.badukbang.com/bgafd/6258103.jpeg

This is a proper weapon of mass destruction!

Mike AI
06-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Bad Boy Rob, I think you are going to fit right in at Oprano!!

Cheers!! :stout:

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 7 2003, 10:39 AM
Bad Boy Rob, I think you are going to fit right in at Oprano!!

Cheers!! :stout:
I thought so....looks like a great bunch of nutters here....and the main maniac the "Serge!"

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 01:08 PM

It actually sucks, when another style attack like 10/11 happens everyone will be asking why us, what did we do?
we liberate Iran and Syria,
it's elementary, Watson
;-)))

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jun 7 2003, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jun 7 2003, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 01:08 PM

it's elementary, Watson
;-)))[/b][/quote]
Does liberate mean "kick the fuck out of them and steal their oil?" :rolleyes:

Why cant we liberate Hungry they have seriously sexy women over there that actually enjoy anal! To give them a kicking then steal all the women is alot better than the oil alternative!

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Bad Boy Rob+Jun 7 2003, 02:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bad Boy Rob @ Jun 7 2003, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Jun 7 2003, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 01:08 PM

it's elementary, Watson
;-)))

Why cant we liberate Hungry they have seriously sexy women over there that actually enjoy anal! To give them a kicking then steal all the women is alot better than the oil alternative![/b][/quote]
I don't think you know what word STEAL is....

here are few examples for you:
breaking at night into a datacenter and taking the servers is STEALING,
pumping and selling one's oil to pay for expences is prudent.

See the difference?

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jun 7 2003, 11:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jun 7 2003, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Jun 7 2003, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 01:08 PM

it's elementary, Watson
;-)))

Why cant we liberate Hungry they have seriously sexy women over there that actually enjoy anal! To give them a kicking then steal all the women is alot better than the oil alternative!
I don't think you know what word STEAL is....

here are few examples for you:
breaking at night into a datacenter and taking the servers is STEALING,
pumping and selling one's oil to pay for expences is prudent.

See the difference?[/b][/quote]
I now like the word prudent. So when we going to do Hungry....Fat Bearded Arab women dont do much for me :rolleyes:

Mike AI
06-07-2003, 03:55 PM
I think it may be time to get a trip to Hungary!!

:rokk: :rokk:

Bad Boy Rob
06-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 7 2003, 12:03 PM
I think it may be time to get a trip to Hungary!!

:rokk: :rokk:
Yep you go to Hungary and I will go to Hungry (I really should check my spelling before hitting Add Reply!)

Most of the Private girls like Monica Covet etc are from there. They are so open minded and great looking. :inlove:

Winetalk.com
06-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I was supposed to go to Hungary last year...but I got married instead
;_)))

Mike AI
06-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Serge, I forgot about the marriage thing... I guess I will have to bring Katie with me to Hungary!

BBR - I am a horrible speller - but I remember getting a bad mark from a teacher during a social studies fair in the 6th grade... The report was on NATO vs Warsaw Pact... and on the little graphics I made, I put HUNGRY...

So it is one of the few words I do know how to spell! :rolleyes:

Torone
06-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bad Boy Rob@Jun 7 2003, 01:08 PM
Who cares we are going to have cheap petrol now. That was the whole idea of the war. Who gives a shit about the people of Iraq. That fill up my SUV for cheap!

Oh, Hell! Another CNN fan...

JR
06-07-2003, 04:53 PM
http://www.pleasurelabs.com/pics/lost.jpg