PDA

View Full Version : More bad luck.....

Mike AI
06-03-2003, 10:07 AM
When I was younger we used to all drink something called a Dr. Pepper slam.... I will never drink another flaming drink again....

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/oregon...il&&news&ornews (http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/oregon/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?o0004_BC_OR--FlamingCocktail&&news&ornews)

Student dies after being burned by flaming drink

The Associated Press
6/3/03 3:24 AM

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -- An aspiring musician died hours after suffering burns from a flaming cocktail, the authorities said.

Kyle Kristopher Guyer, 23, had been celebrating his pending graduation from the University of Oregon. Guyer was in the Sacred Heart Medical Center early Sunday after he was served a drink that involved dropping a flaming shot of liquor into a glass of beer. The burning alcohol splashed onto his hands, causing second-degree burns, said Frank Ratti of the Lane County medical examiner's office.

Emergency room personnel gave Guyer an intravenous drip of the pain killer Dilaudid, Ratti said. Later that night, he was released with a prescription for another pain killer, Percocet.

Guyer's roommates told police he acted fine when he returned home. Around 4 a.m. Sunday, Guyer went to bed with no indication of a medical emergency, Ratti said.

Just before 8 a.m., Guyer's roommates entered his room and found him unresponsive. They called 911, but Guyer was pronounced dead when emergency personnel arrived.

Peaches
06-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Hmmm - sounds like he might have taken just a wee bit too many of those Percocets on top of all that alcohol.

Darwinism strikes again. B)

shawcutie
06-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Thats horrible!
I know the exact drink Mike, and damn if it doesnt taste just like Dr Pepper! They are very popular in Cancun ;)

Mike AI
06-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Yeah Cutie, I hate beer..... but the drink is actually tasty... of course the more drunk you are the more it taste like dr. pepper...

I think the drink was invented by a local bar here in the French Quarter.... or so they claim....

sextoyking
06-03-2003, 12:03 PM
That sucks Mike.

Just graduated and had the wrong drink :(