PDA

View Full Version : We're geniuses!

Almighty Colin
05-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Here's the proof (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/05/28/action.video.ap/index.html)

voodooman
05-28-2003, 08:45 PM
I have been telling my parents this for years.

:D

Almighty Colin
05-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by voodooman@May 28 2003, 07:53 PM
I have been telling my parents this for years.

:D
If they themselves played video games they wouldn't need so much 'splainin' ;-)

Peaches
05-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Colin@May 28 2003, 08:46 PM
Here's the proof (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/05/28/action.video.ap/index.html)
Last year in ROTC my son took a test for flight school. There was a part where it was a basically a video game - he aced it. B) It was then I realized that all those PS, PS2, NES, Gameboys, etc. and their games did not go to waste. :)

Unfortunately, w/o his contacts, he can't see his hand in front of his face - no AF piloting for him. :(

Almighty Colin
05-29-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@May 28 2003, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately, w/o his contacts, he can't see his hand in front of his face - no AF piloting for him. :(
Oh, man. He didn't get that "radiation blindness" my grandparents warned me about , did he?

"Don't sit too close to the TV"
"Don't read in the dark"
"Don't stick that in your eye"

Damned grandma.

Peaches
05-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Colin+May 29 2003, 05:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 29 2003, 05:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@May 28 2003, 08:55 PM
Oh, man. He didn't get that "radiation blindness" my grandparents warned me about , did he?

"Don't sit too close to the TV"
"Don't read in the dark"
"Don't stick that in your eye"

Damned grandma.[/b][/quote]
He probably did that other thing you were warned would cause blindness...or hairy palms. B)

Mike AI
05-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Yeah I have always maintainted that playing on computers, even with games helps children....

Off course it should not be substituted for outdoor play and other things, or else you will have some far kids.... but it is not bad to encourage either...

kath
05-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Forwarded this article on to my family....

I caught some sh** a few years back for buying my niece one of those Baby Genius PC games for her 1st b-day. It was an educational game that taught colors, ABCs, numbers, shapes, etc. filled with music and other stimulating sounds. Now this game gets accolades from parenting magazines all over the globe - and NOW proof from CNN that playing video games is a "good thing".... I gotta shove this info in somebody's face.

No joke....they bagged on me for MONTHS over that gift and I'm sure it sat un-used in the box or got returned for some non-educational toy.

:nyanya: