05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 28 2003, 03:03 PM
Oprano is looking for webmaster,
telecommute is fine,
experience in "how the net works" is a must,
compensation: $2500-$7500 per month

please drop me e-mail if you are interested:
serge@oprano.com
i almost know how this net thing works, give me a few more days and I'll have it all figured out :)

:cdance:

Rictor
05-28-2003, 04:30 PM
I think I know how the Internet works. It has something to do with semi-conductors, right?

Winetalk.com
05-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Rictor@May 28 2003, 03:38 PM
I think I know how the Internet works. It has something to do with semi-conductors, right?
wrong...people make it work, not electrons

Lee
05-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Serge,

We could outsource you a webmaster to do the work if you wanted :)

Drop me an email if you would be interested. You wouldnt have to pay anywhere near $7500 a month either :)

lee@gamediacorp.com

Regards,

Lee

Peaches
05-28-2003, 04:41 PM
I know how the internet works....kinda. I'm looking for work...a lot. But I'm a really crappy webmaster. :(

Is there a Ms. Congeniality position? :P

Moose
05-28-2003, 04:42 PM
I got here (http://www.wwwdotcom.com/) a few years ago.

Is there really more?

sarettah
05-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Rictor@May 28 2003, 03:38 PM
and semi engineers.... Not to be confused with those big old semi drivers of course :)

Mike AI
05-28-2003, 04:50 PM
It is important to note, that this will be a full time posistion, and have many important duties.

Rictor
05-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+May 28 2003, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ May 28 2003, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Rictor@May 28 2003, 03:38 PM
wrong...people make it work, not electrons[/b][/quote]
I thought it was love and rainbows.

sarettah
05-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 28 2003, 03:03 PM

I'll take the $7500 version please... throw a couple of the $2500's on the side please....

:yowsa:

As for how the net works.... I have personally visited the hamster cages (hidden deep in the bunker undreneath a white house) and seen the poor things running their little asses off.....

P.S., I'll send mail as soon as I figure out how to fit it into the little mail slot thingie on the computer... you know, the one right beneath the cup holder....

Last edited by sarettah at May 28 2003, 04:23 PM

TheEnforcer
05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
You have mail.

LittleC
05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
I found the perfect WebMaster for Oprano !!!

http://www.webcamgirls.nl/publicaties/pub_...es/index_02.jpg (http://www.webcamgirls.nl/publicaties/pub_20/images/index_02.jpg)

She has it all !!!

:D

LittleC
05-28-2003, 06:01 PM
the other half !

http://www.webcamgirls.nl/publicaties/pub_...es/index_03.jpg (http://www.webcamgirls.nl/publicaties/pub_20/images/index_03.jpg)

:awinky:

jaYMan
05-28-2003, 06:38 PM
doodies??? ew.

;)

Mike AI
05-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Send her down LittleC, would love to interview her....

:D

Vick
05-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Guys please don't take me wrong but it might help a little if you could give some insight into what responsibilities and duties you need someone to perform and what knowledge is preferred

i.e. HTML, Graphics, What types of programming knowledge, what programming languages wold be a plus to know. maybe some of the expectations that go along with the position you're looking to fill so on and so forth

pimpdog
05-29-2003, 01:34 AM
Since when did the internet ever work? it is far fro perfect, and has many flaws.

let me list a few:

it is by far the easiest place on earth to scam ppl. not only once, but several times!

Its ever changing environment is the very reason why nothing works.

it isnt evolution, or change for the better, its actually regression taking the freedom from you and establishing government over the freedom we once had.

the end is near.

serge, i could use a second job.. I dont need a salary, I just want the comfort of knowing my boss is a millionaire so when i fall on my face, you will pick me up :)

Herb Kornfield
05-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 28 2003, 12:03 PM
telecommute is fine,

serge@oprano.com
Sure, I am in if I can bring my own deli slicer there....

:bjump:

Winetalk.com
05-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Herb Kornfield+May 29 2003, 08:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Herb Kornfield @ May 29 2003, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@May 28 2003, 12:03 PM
telecommute is fine,

serge@oprano.com
Sure, I am in if I can bring my own deli slicer there....

:bjump:[/b][/quote]
check the job requirements
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?a...78a5bf36f1f1511 (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=3840&s=4fa12edddf387944178a5bf36f1f1511)

LadyMischief
05-29-2003, 11:53 AM
I know someone who'd be good for the job, Serge :)

sarettah
05-29-2003, 01:55 PM
"Since when did the internet ever work? it is far fro perfect, and has many flaws."

The internet as we know it is still very young. Although the base of it has been around close to 50 years now, the commercial potential has been available at just about 10 years. The internet is still being invented in actuallity and still has a long way to go before it reaches maturity.

"it is by far the easiest place on earth to scam ppl. not only once, but several times!"

The scams taking place on the internet are just redone versions of scams that have been around for ages. I saw my first version of the "Nigerian" letter prior to the first browser being available. It was handtyped (remember typewriters) and mailed to my boss. He gave it to me as "a way to get rich quick". The internet has enabled folks to be scammed more quickly perhaps. It has certainly allowed crooks to pull off capers more quickly and more anonymously. But the scams are nothing new. As far as "several times", nothing new there either. People who fell for postal scams often succumbed to more than one before they learned their lesson.

"Its ever changing environment is the very reason why nothing works."

All technology has been "ever changing". This does not stop it from working. Cars have been around for over 100 years, manufacturers are still looking for better innovation in order to make a better product. Sometimes it works, sometimes its a dog. Cameras the same way, television, radio, print media is all an everchanging picture. The key to survival is often to avoid the "bleeding edge". On the net, if you design and build for the latest greatest, you will always be missing a large percentage of your audience who don't want to be beta testers for Microsoft etal.... But being on the bleeding edge, being the first to put something out there can pay off big time...It can also knock you out big time if the technology you based your stuff on goes down or does not get a good reception from the general public.

"it isnt evolution, or change for the better, its actually regression taking the freedom from you and establishing government over the freedom we once had."

I'm not sure what you are saying here...lol... But, I happen to think the Internet gives the little guy a whole lot more freedom. We have had freedom of speech for a long time in this country. But prior to the internet, unless you had a whole mess of money, you could not compete with the large commercial interests that had control of the media. With the internet, anybody with access to a computer and a phone line can put themselves on a much more level playing field with the big media conglomerates and the big corporations... How big your soapbox on the internet is is controlled by how much traffic you can pull to your site...Not by how much you can afford to pay for advertising etc.

"the end is near."

The beginning has just started.

Last edited by sarettah at May 29 2003, 01:05 PM

KC
05-29-2003, 04:52 PM
I play Quake 3 Fulltime now, otherwise I'd love to help out! :)

Naughty
05-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by KC@May 29 2003, 01:00 PM
Any good? I heard it is coming to my XBox pretty damn soon :yowsa:

Dianna Vesta
05-29-2003, 06:45 PM
I would be really great at that job and I'm vary savvy on the web, with sales, html, etc.

I'm not sure if you're looking for someone full time or if 3 to 4 hours a day would be enough. Where can I interview?

:cdance: :cdance: :cdance:

LadyMischief
05-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Naughty+May 29 2003, 01:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naughty @ May 29 2003, 01:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KC@May 29 2003, 01:00 PM
Any good? I heard it is coming to my XBox pretty damn soon :yowsa:[/b][/quote]
And hopefully Xbox Live too!! mmm

pimpdog
05-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 29 2003, 10:03 AM
"Since when did the internet ever work? it is far fro perfect, and has many flaws."

The internet as we know it is still very young. Although the base of it has been around close to 50 years now, the commercial potential has been available at just about 10 years. The internet is still being invented in actuallity and still has a long way to go before it reaches maturity.

"it is by far the easiest place on earth to scam ppl. not only once, but several times!"

The scams taking place on the internet are just redone versions of scams that have been around for ages. I saw my first version of the "Nigerian" letter prior to the first browser being available. It was handtyped (remember typewriters) and mailed to my boss. He gave it to me as "a way to get rich quick". The internet has enabled folks to be scammed more quickly perhaps. It has certainly allowed crooks to pull off capers more quickly and more anonymously. But the scams are nothing new. As far as "several times", nothing new there either. People who fell for postal scams often succumbed to more than one before they learned their lesson.

"Its ever changing environment is the very reason why nothing works."

All technology has been "ever changing". This does not stop it from working. Cars have been around for over 100 years, manufacturers are still looking for better innovation in order to make a better product. Sometimes it works, sometimes its a dog. Cameras the same way, television, radio, print media is all an everchanging picture. The key to survival is often to avoid the "bleeding edge". On the net, if you design and build for the latest greatest, you will always be missing a large percentage of your audience who don't want to be beta testers for Microsoft etal.... But being on the bleeding edge, being the first to put something out there can pay off big time...It can also knock you out big time if the technology you based your stuff on goes down or does not get a good reception from the general public.

"it isnt evolution, or change for the better, its actually regression taking the freedom from you and establishing government over the freedom we once had."

I'm not sure what you are saying here...lol... But, I happen to think the Internet gives the little guy a whole lot more freedom. We have had freedom of speech for a long time in this country. But prior to the internet, unless you had a whole mess of money, you could not compete with the large commercial interests that had control of the media. With the internet, anybody with access to a computer and a phone line can put themselves on a much more level playing field with the big media conglomerates and the big corporations... How big your soapbox on the internet is is controlled by how much traffic you can pull to your site...Not by how much you can afford to pay for advertising etc.

"the end is near."

The beginning has just started.
I suppose the internet also allows different opinions too eh?

sarettah
05-29-2003, 09:55 PM
yeppirs... B)

Evil Chris
05-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Good luck to Mutt in his endeavours.

Also to Oprano in their hiring!