PDA

View Full Version : Globosale was cut off by VISA/MC

Opti
05-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Dear Valued Customers:

As you all probably know there has been a lot of uproar in the Adult Entertainment business lately. Some of our friends and competitors had no choice but to cease operations and we had
to take into consideration the same fate as all the others, means the end of GloboSale.net.
Gladly for us we managed to keep our system alive and working but we must put in force the following drastic changes, which will affect the way for you how to conduct business with us
in the future.

GloboSale.net will end immediately processing content in the non nude and nude sector under the age of 18 and likewise we will and can not accept links which might point to an website promoting underage content. All websites affected by our decision will be disconnected today.
We deeply regret this decision and not being able to give you advance notice in this case but to keep our system working and to comply we had no other choice than act the way we did. The suspended accounts will be handled according to the agreement.
All customers which are not affected by our decision must new be registered with ICRA (Internet Content Rating Association) and labelled on the websites. http://www.icra.org

You also must on your first website (Starting page) explicit point out that this is an adult site and that the user must be of legal age to enter the site. This procedure must be followed for our and your own safety.
Furthermore we must inform our valued customers, that due to the pressure and new requirements imposed and passed on by Visa and Mastercard our account has been disconnected already 14 days ago without prior notice to us. At that point we had to decide in either close the operations immediately or to continue accepting transactions without being able to authorize them. We decided not to close our operation but to accept the transactions and today we can inform you that, all the transactions done in the last 14 days will be processed. This means to you, that not all transaction batched and executed will go through the system and therefore some have to be debited to your account.

Of course we will do our best that as many as possible transactions will be processed.
We do regret but we think that we acted in your interest in handling the business the way we did. The credit notes will be retroactivated to the correct transaction date and debited correctly. This means, that the calculation from Monday May 19 is not correct and must be redone and recalculated. The calculation of next Monday, May 26 must be postponed for a couple of days. Good news is that the payments will not be affected and paid out as usual.

We are well aware that this statement is hard to take but our philosophy is to inform our customers correctly and truthfully. We are very proud of the service that we have offered and are proud to have the opportunity to continue working with you in an honest and clear environment and way.
If we want to continue our business there is no other choice for us and for you as our customer and partner to meet and comply with the requirements imposed by the Credit Card companies.

Sincerely

Andreas De Terra
GloboSale.net
Chairman of the Board of Directors

sarettah
05-23-2003, 03:19 PM
GloboSale.net will end immediately processing content in the non nude and nude sector under the age of 18 and likewise we will and can not accept links which might point to an website promoting underage content

this bears repeating so...

GloboSale.net will end immediately processing content in the non nude and nude sector under the age of 18 and likewise we will and can not accept links which might point to an website promoting underage content

and noone had shut them down before this !!!!!!

:zoinks: :zoinks: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

gigi
05-23-2003, 03:22 PM
:blink:

Mike AI
05-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Yeah I gave up pointing these things out....

Funny none of these companies do it on their own, they are always FORCED to do so....

Like our friends at CCBILL.... yet everyone treats them like they are ethical business people.

gonzo
05-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Opti@May 23 2003, 11:21 AM
Dear Valued Customers:

As you all probably know there has been a lot of uproar in the Adult Entertainment business lately. Some of our friends and competitors had no choice but to cease operations and we had
to take into consideration the same fate as all the others, means the end of GloboSale.net.
Gladly for us we managed to keep our system alive and working but we must put in force the following drastic changes, which will affect the way for you how to conduct business with us
in the future.

GloboSale.net will end immediately processing content in the non nude and nude sector under the age of 18 and likewise we will and can not accept links which might point to an website promoting underage content. All websites affected by our decision will be disconnected today.
We deeply regret this decision and not being able to give you advance notice in this case but to keep our system working and to comply we had no other choice than act the way we did. The suspended accounts will be handled according to the agreement.
All customers which are not affected by our decision must new be registered with ICRA (Internet Content Rating Association) and labelled on the websites. http://www.icra.org

You also must on your first website (Starting page) explicit point out that this is an adult site and that the user must be of legal age to enter the site. This procedure must be followed for our and your own safety.
Furthermore we must inform our valued customers, that due to the pressure and new requirements imposed and passed on by Visa and Mastercard our account has been disconnected already 14 days ago without prior notice to us. At that point we had to decide in either close the operations immediately or to continue accepting transactions without being able to authorize them. We decided not to close our operation but to accept the transactions and today we can inform you that, all the transactions done in the last 14 days will be processed. This means to you, that not all transaction batched and executed will go through the system and therefore some have to be debited to your account.

Of course we will do our best that as many as possible transactions will be processed.
We do regret but we think that we acted in your interest in handling the business the way we did. The credit notes will be retroactivated to the correct transaction date and debited correctly. This means, that the calculation from Monday May 19 is not correct and must be redone and recalculated. The calculation of next Monday, May 26 must be postponed for a couple of days. Good news is that the payments will not be affected and paid out as usual.

We are well aware that this statement is hard to take but our philosophy is to inform our customers correctly and truthfully. We are very proud of the service that we have offered and are proud to have the opportunity to continue working with you in an honest and clear environment and way.
If we want to continue our business there is no other choice for us and for you as our customer and partner to meet and comply with the requirements imposed by the Credit Card companies.

Sincerely

Andreas De Terra
GloboSale.net
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Looks like I lost the bet. It was globlowsmell instead of globill.

But hey they arent all the way out of the biz right?

cj
05-26-2003, 06:56 PM
http://www.icra.org

does anyone know anything about this organisation?
are they for real?
has anyone had any experience with them?

looks like an awesome idea, a central agency to rate our websites voluntarily ...

Hell Puppy
05-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 26 2003, 06:04 PM
http://www.icra.org

does anyone know anything about this organisation?
are they for real?
has anyone had any experience with them?

looks like an awesome idea, a central agency to rate our websites voluntarily ...
Yeah, it is the successor to RSAC. The tags it produces PICS standard tags, so all of the filters out there will recognize them.

They've been around a while, I think they rolled up RSAC in 1999, RSAC goes back at least a couple of years prior to that.

cj
05-26-2003, 07:14 PM
I am reading their profile and it looks like they have been around for ages ...

why don't many people use them?
or do lots of people use them and i've just had my eyes closed?!

the more i read through their site the more i like their system ...

Hell Puppy
05-26-2003, 08:12 PM
CJ,

Hit RSAC's old url:

http://www.rsac.org/

You'll see they've been around since at least 1999. RSAC received a lot of attention back when the PICS standard was being developed, but since becoming ICRA I haven't read a lot about them.

I have been putting them in my tags as a matter of routine since at least 98 or so. It's the best way I've found to put in one tag that all of the filters will recognize. However, I haven't really kept up with the activities of the organization itself. I go use their tag generator when I roll out a new URL, and that's it.

Here's another tip if you dabble in mainstream. If you host your mainstream sites on servers that also have adult material on them, it is worthwhile to put in an ICRA tag that states that it does NOT contain adult material. Many of the filters, especially those that are corporate firewall based, look for tags first if they do not have the URL in their own database. If they do not have a tag or database entry, many will block by default or filter it based on IP block. Thus you lose traffic because your mainstream site may smell a bit like poon tang due to close proximity to adult material.

*KK*
05-26-2003, 08:47 PM
My guess is that all the unregulated third party aggregators are going to get it, one after the other, and it will have nothing to do with the content they process for...

Otherwise Visa would be terminating the registrars for allowing people to register such domain names, when we all know the only way they will stop is if they are forced to do so.

cj
05-26-2003, 09:14 PM
HellPuppy, thank you

that is a great idea where mainstream sites are concerned, we run a mixed bag on our servers so its very relevant

i'm going to go across our main sites and insert the tag ... i think this is an awesome idea. policing ourselves voluntarily has got to be a good thing

KK, if epassporte were to incorporate a system like this where sites using epassporte are automatically rated according to a central standard, it could really support the overall cause & credibility ...

*KK*
05-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 26 2003, 05:22 PM
KK, if epassporte were to incorporate a system like this where sites using epassporte are automatically rated according to a central standard, it could really support the overall cause & credibility ...
It would also add a burden of liability that is well more than billing companies could or should bear from a legal standpoint.

There is a tremendous gap between what is legal and what is considered allowable, from community to community and country to country, and once you take that sort of thing upon yourself then you assume liability for things along with all the lovely stuff like verification and auditing and monitoring of those things.

I agree the industry needs to wise up, but at this point in the game I don't much expect to see it police itself or for anyone to stick their neck out and do it either. It's just too easy for people to hide and start again or move themselves to somewhere they don't have to follow along with everyone else's rules.

Of course at the end of the day I'm also glad that there are some freako's out there pushing the boundaries. Contrary to the belief that they bring more negative attention to everyone, I think they are like a DMZ between the industry and the rest of the world -- one that will find itself under attack well before anything vanilla should.

cj
05-27-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by *KK*+May 26 2003, 11:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ May 26 2003, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@May 26 2003, 05:22 PM
It would also add a burden of liability that is well more than billing companies could or should bear from a legal standpoint.

There is a tremendous gap between what is legal and what is considered allowable, from community to community and country to country, and once you take that sort of thing upon yourself then you assume liability for things along with all the lovely stuff like verification and auditing and monitoring of those things.

I agree the industry needs to wise up, but at this point in the game I don't much expect to see it police itself or for anyone to stick their neck out and do it either. It's just too easy for people to hide and start again or move themselves to somewhere they don't have to follow along with everyone else's rules.

Of course at the end of the day I'm also glad that there are some freako's out there pushing the boundaries. Contrary to the belief that they bring more negative attention to everyone, I think they are like a DMZ between the industry and the rest of the world -- one that will find itself under attack well before anything vanilla should.[/b][/quote]
points taken ;-)