PDA

View Full Version : Transylvania, Romania cusine?

Forest
05-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Serge

the restaurant I told you about in hollywood is actually romanian

and they have Transylvania written on the awening

should we try it?

I can wear a garlic necklace

:P

and I am actualy dating a romanian girl i just met

wooohooooo I finally got a date

:bdance: :bwave: :bjump: :cdance:

art
05-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey Forest,

Here is something to get you in the right mood. I was in Romania two weeks ago, and took this picture of the castle in Bran, which is rumoured to be the "Dracula Castle".

http://artware.net/dracula_castle.jpg

I liked the Romanian food, by the way! :rokk:

Greetings,

Art

Forest
05-23-2003, 05:57 AM
COOL!!!!

Im hopeing that is this girl Im dating and I work out maybe I get a Personal tour guide of the region

Ive always been verry interested in the history there

Cool Pic!!

Ironhorse
05-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Transylvanian food is very good, try the stuffed cabbage or if you can find them these little grilled meat delicacies called 'mititei', Forest ask your girlfriend to help you find them, they are out of this world if done right. Made from ground beef, pork and lamb with all the right spices then grilled over charcoal..mmm..my mom makes the best, load them up with garlic to keep the strigoi away.

art
05-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Forest,

I got a personal tour, and enjoyed it!
It's interesting and there is plenty of stuff to see. If you like nature, the mountains are very very beautiful.

Here is a Palace of King Carol (back when they still had a king, built around 1870 I think), in Sinaia:

http://artware.net/peles.jpg

And here a picture of the northern Carpatians:

http://artware.net/mountains.jpg

Quite worthy of a visit!

Greetings,

Art

art
05-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Ironhorse@May 23 2003, 05:17 AM
if you can find them these little grilled meat delicacies called 'mititei'
Yes! I second that! I had mititei nearly every day (with some mustard! ;-) Really nice.

Greetings,

Art

Forest
05-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Now I REALLLYYY want to go

Ill show Monika these. She is homesick to see her family so maybe if thing work out with us I will go and take her

I studied the region when i was in HS and have always dreamed of a trip there

Now you gyus make me want to go worse

:rokk:

Ironhorse
05-24-2003, 04:07 AM
Now you guys are making me homesick, I was born there and left the country in 84 and haven't even visited yet..waah! The mountains are really beautiful and so is the Black Sea coastline, essentially all a huge beach stretching between several tourist resort cities.

Someday I will return..to beautiful Transylvania..

art, just out of curiosity, what brought you to Romania?

Last edited by Ironhorse at May 24 2003, 02:18 AM

art
05-24-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Ironhorse@May 24 2003, 03:15 AM
art, just out of curiosity, what brought you to Romania?
A woman.. :yowsa:

I have always liked looking at other countries and cultures.
Sometimes it feels like you are part of a movie, things can be so much different from what you're used to. That makes things very interesting (and educational).

I am not much of an adventurer though, so I basically need someone local (or someone with experience in the country) to guide me around.

So when I was given the chance to be guided around Romania for a week by a beautiful woman I didn't hesitate for too long!
Most people remember the revolution in '89, and the execution of Ceaucescu. I was interested to see what the situation was now.

Greetings,

Art

Ironhorse
05-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Wow, what a way to tour the country :okthumb: