PDA

View Full Version : I just don't fucking get it...

Dianna Vesta
05-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Webmasters everywhere complaining about signups and money. Let’s face it; a bunch of people ain’t money and its bullshit if they say they are. Or at least compared to what they’ve done in the past.

There’s all this talk about no one making money meanwhile I can’ get a fucking electrician or plumber to come out for THREE FUCKING WEEKS because they have TOO MUCH WORK??? What’s up with that?

Hahahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahaahahaha I’m loosing my mind!

Mike AI
05-21-2003, 04:48 PM
DV subcontractors are always like that.... when I was doing construction, many times subs would not show up until they needed cash... That is why you never prepay - and always hold back a certain percentage of the money due to make sure they come back and follow up.

Forest
05-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@May 21 2003, 12:42 PM

Hahahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahaahahaha I’m loosing my mind!
what do u mean loosing?

:P :biglaugh: :awinky:

DV dont i know it. trying to get a electrician is like trying to get a hooker at the vatican

:agrin:

sarettah
05-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Forest@May 21 2003, 03:57 PM
DV dont i know it. trying to get a electrician is like trying to get a hooker at the vatican

Hell, thats easy... You just have to work through Mother Superior...

:yowsa:

Dianna Vesta
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 21 2003, 03:56 PM
DV subcontractors are always like that.... when I was doing construction, many times subs would not show up until they needed cash... That is why you never prepay - and always hold back a certain percentage of the money due to make sure they come back and follow up.
Nope never do that shit. I learned my lesson years ago. I've owned 5 houses through the years and remodeled all of them for profit.

Still, if they're all busy then someone is paying the bills and it means that new homes are still being sold, remodeled and that people have money to spend.

I think it was on Netpond... some guy posted something about how the words FREE are ruining our market. I started thinking about this today and ya know, this could be part of it. I mean there's just so much free stuff. I did a survey with my mailing list and in soem niche forums... I couldn't believe that half, maybe more said they wouldn't pay because there's so much free stuff out there. I asked about streaming video and cams... the outlook was not postive.

Thank goodness I have Pennywize installed on my server. I've got one site that is getting slammed with traffic but all my traffic is mostly traders. I don't know how I got on so many trader sites but I am. I'm redirecting all the blocks, sending them through pop-up hell & nocreditcard dialers but NOTHING is converting.

Don't this guys get tired of the game? I mean they must sit there with their dicks in their hand clicking away like crazy, trying to find complete galleries or a password that hasn't been blocked yet.

There's got to be some way I can get the money out of their pocket. lol- I'm going to get really creative the next couple of days.

Anyone got ideas?

DV