PDA

View Full Version : Cybernet Airline Rates

Sharpie
05-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Airline fare update......

A real mixed bag. Some up, some down - but found more nonstops than before.

LAX - $397 nonstop (up)
NY/Newark $187 to $193 nonstop (down)
So. Florida - $325 nonstop (up)
Atlanta - $229 - (down)
Chicago - $229 nonstop (same)
Detroit - $210 nonstop (down)

As far as SARS - In Quebec, approx 1,500 people die from colds and phenomia every winter - 5 from SARS. (and they were elderly people) 0 from US - it has been the target of a 'slow news day & grossly overrated. It has cost the travel industry huge dollars - and changed the way people live WAY TOO MUCH!

Time to get back to living life! :redance:

JFK
05-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@May 14 2003, 08:30 AM
Airline fare update......

A real mixed bag. Some up, some down - but found more nonstops than before.

LAX - $397 nonstop (up)
NY/Newark $187 to $193 nonstop (down)
So. Florida - $325 nonstop (up)
Atlanta - $229 - (down)
Chicago - $229 nonstop (same)
Detroit - $210 nonstop (down)

As far as SARS - In Quebec, approx 1,500 people die from colds and phenomia every winter - 5 from SARS. (and they were elderly people) 0 from US - it has been the target of a 'slow news day & grossly overrated. It has cost the travel industry huge dollars - and changed the way people live WAY TOO MUCH!

Time to get back to living life! :redance:
Right on Sharpie, Get back to living, You probably stand a better chance on winning the lottery, than getting Sars ! I will be at the show come hell or high water! :rokk:

RawAlex
05-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Just want to say, I live in Montreal, there have been NO CASES OF SARS IN MONTREAL. NO DEATHS, NO NOTHING. A few people were kept indoors for 10 days in case, following contact with someone from out of town who got sick later... but NOBODY IS SICK. We are not walking around with surgical masks on, nothing like that.

The WHO removed Toronto from it's alert list today. Toronto is as far away from Montreal as San Fran is from Vegas.

SARS is a non-issue in Montreal. If you are not travelling for that, then you are missing a good time because you are mis-informed.

Now get your asses up here and have a lap dance already! :-)

Alex

Winetalk.com
05-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Raw Alex,
tough sell, isn't it?

I told Sharpie that Vegas Lee would do better job promoting the show, as he has many more friends in the industry and his wife is a cutie
;-)

Sharpie
05-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Well Sergie... Alex is in Montreal, so he 'is in the know about Montreal......

Vegas Lee is in Vegas, so he is 'in the know about Vegas.....

Neither one is directly involved in this show, but I always appreciate any insight they can give me on their specific location.

Winetalk.com
05-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@May 14 2003, 03:58 PM
Well Sergie... Alex is in Montreal, so he 'is in the know about Montreal......

Vegas Lee is in Vegas, so he is 'in the know about Vegas.....

Neither one is directly involved in this show, but I always appreciate any insight they can give me on their specific location.
location, shmocation...
VegasLee knows PEOPLE who attend the shows,
which is much better quality in my book
;-)))

RawAlex
05-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Serge, actually, VegasLee doesn't seem to like our industry much anymore, only attended the January show under pressure, and wouldn't go back even if paid. I literally had to drag him out of his house to get him to attend any functions of that show (including PHB). Lee and I are no longer partners in any business functions as a result.

I am not part of selling, marketting, or promoting Cybernetexpo in Montreal. However, I am helping Fay out with certain technical issues that are hard to work from a distance.

Alex

Winetalk.com
05-14-2003, 05:30 PM
I am an idiot, because Serge says so.

hmmm....I thought JR and Colin noticed it first,
don't make me their copyright infringer
;-)))

Sharpie
05-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Come on everybody............ life is too short for bickering, Making insults, or beating up on people who post information. You don't like Alex - fine! I think that is common knowledge......... I like Alex - that is also common knowledge. Actually, I like about everyone who has not screwed with me.

This thread was maybe promotional - but also informative. I have received several emails asking where I found the rates I posted. Please beat up on Alex on another thread, OK? :inlove:

JFK
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@May 14 2003, 02:45 PM
Come on everybody............ life is too short for bickering, Making insults, or beating up on people who post information. You don't like Alex - fine! I think that is common knowledge......... I like Alex - that is also common knowledge. Actually, I like about everyone who has not screwed with me.

This thread was maybe promotional - but also informative. I have received several emails asking where I found the rates I posted. Please beat up on Alex on another thread, OK? :inlove:
Yeah, "the Beating up Alex Line" forms to the left, next ......hey get back in line!! :heil: