PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 08:31 AM
SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A lawyer who has spent much of his life enjoying Oreo cookies has sued Kraft Foods Inc. seeking to ban the much-loved cookies in California because they contain trans fat, an ingredient he calls inedible.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.sui...reut/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.suit.reut/index.html)

Forest
05-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Colin@May 13 2003, 04:39 AM
SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A lawyer who has spent much of his life enjoying Oreo cookies has sued Kraft Foods Inc. seeking to ban the much-loved cookies in California because they contain trans fat, an ingredient he calls inedible.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.sui...reut/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.suit.reut/index.html)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

if my father was a lawyer id say it was him

the cheap bastard is always looking for a free ride

Torone
05-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Colin@May 13 2003, 07:39 AM

Another m/f'in trial lawyer trying to retire...

Winetalk.com
05-13-2003, 08:39 AM
meanwhile...
Supreme Court of Missisippi put stop on all tobacco law suits in the State...
Tobacco stocks are up on the news
;-)))

Torone
05-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 13 2003, 07:47 AM
meanwhile...
;-)))
I love it! :D :D :D :D

sarettah
05-13-2003, 08:44 AM
meanwhile...
;-)))
You have to be kiddind me....

Well look out Mississippi....

Cause I'm calling my lawyer and we are gonna sue your ass off...

:nyanya:

Trev
05-13-2003, 08:49 AM
hmmm.... thats got me thinkin... whats in pork rinds... <_<

sarettah
05-13-2003, 09:46 AM
some pork...

and some rind ??

http://www.awrats.com/images/pork.jpg

Torone
05-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 13 2003, 08:54 AM
some pork...

and some rind ??

http://www.awrats.com/images/pork.jpg
And everybody knows...

PORK FAT RULES!!!

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 10:47 AM
meanwhile...
;-)))
Did you see this coming when you bought RJR Nabisco recently?

Winetalk.com
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Colin+May 13 2003, 09:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 13 2003, 09:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@May 13 2003, 07:47 AM
meanwhile...
;-)))
Did you see this coming when you bought RJR Nabisco recently?[/b][/quote]
no, I wasn't...I bought it because:
1) high dividend which is safe at the moment

2) low evaluation

3) high option premiums
(I sell option)

If I KNEW what's gonna happen tomorrow,
would I be here?
;-))

Colin,
will you join us tomorrow for wine tasting?

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Wine tasting? I'm alcohol free. True story. Amanda is going to NA/AA which makes me clean by default.

When is the grape juice tasting?

Winetalk.com
05-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Colin@May 13 2003, 10:51 AM
Wine tasting? I'm alcohol free. True story. Amanda is going to NA/AA which makes me clean by default.

tomorrow....

from Pulp Fiction:
"My g/f is a vegeterian, which practically makes me a vegeterian too"
;-)))

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+May 13 2003, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ May 13 2003, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@May 13 2003, 10:51 AM

tomorrow....

from Pulp Fiction:
;-)))[/b][/quote]
My favorite movie. Pretty much. That's what I was thinking of when I said it. Couldn't remember the exact line.

How about dinner next week? You, LL, Amanda, and I? I miss you guys. I have SARS right now. Have to get over it first.

Last edited by Colin at May 13 2003, 11:09 AM

Winetalk.com
05-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Colin+May 13 2003, 11:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 13 2003, 11:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@May 13 2003, 10:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Colin@May 13 2003, 10:51 AM

tomorrow....

from Pulp Fiction:
;-)))
My favorite movie. Pretty much. That's what I was thinking of when I said it. Couldn't remember the exact line.

How about dinner next week? You, LL, Amanda, and I? I miss you guys. I have SARS right now. Have to get over it first.[/b][/quote]
sure, come on over!!!!!

give me a call 561-716-1028 and I'll give you directions,
and we cordinate time/place

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Very cool. Give ya a ring next week. :)

Mike AI
05-13-2003, 12:31 PM
I hate attorneys.... the number #1 domestic need in this country is TORT REFORM.... that is more important then tax cuts, social spending, etc...

Without it, attorneys will continue to rampage and go after anyone, any company with deep pockets.... for any reason - just to rob them.

The modern day trial lawyer is like the robber barron of old- only thing worse is they work in packs like jackels, hyenas, and piranas!!

SykkBoy
05-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I hate this fucking lawyer...not because I give fuck one about his stupid lawsuit, but because it makes me agree with Torone.......
fuck, now I'm going to have to punch myself in the face.......fucking trial lawyer bastard........

actually lawyers are hated here in Nevada too....the malpractice rates are so high, we're losing a TON of good doctors.....but odd thing is, everyone blames the trial lawyers but no one (publicly) will say anything about the insurance companies who keep raising the rates.......I guess because they don't want their rates raised ;)

I think we need common sense reform....

I swear if someone references the McDonald's/coffee lawsuit in this thread, I'll not be responsible for my actions ;)))

Peaches
05-13-2003, 12:57 PM
From what I heard on the news, he's trying to get the FDA to get the transfats listed on ingredients for foods by filing this suit.

All I know is that since I've been on my no sugar, no bread, no potatoes diet for a week, right now I would kill for a Double Stuf Oreo. :cryin:

Mike AI
05-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Peaches, I too have been back to the law-carbs thing.... it has been tough, but down 5lbs in a week....

Keep it up girl, you can do it!!

Peaches
05-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 13 2003, 01:07 PM
Peaches, I too have been back to the law-carbs thing.... it has been tough, but down 5lbs in a week....

I'm letting myself have whole grains (rice, bread) one day a week on Sunday. It's the only way I'd make it through this. :awinky: And I'm eating fruit for my sugar cravings which isn't on the Atkins plan, but I had to do something I could keep up long term. For me, his proggie is too strict for all the time. If I lose it slower but keep it off, I'll be happy. :)

JR
05-13-2003, 01:09 PM
JR gets sued.
- a short animate story

Act 1, Scene 1.

JR: ............ Attorney:

:snipe: :o

The End.

JR
05-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+May 13 2003, 09:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ May 13 2003, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@May 13 2003, 01:07 PM

I'm letting myself have whole grains (rice, bread) one day a week on Sunday. It's the only way I'd make it through this. :awinky: And I'm eating fruit for my sugar cravings which isn't on the Atkins plan, but I had to do something I could keep up long term. For me, his proggie is too strict for all the time. If I lose it slower but keep it off, I'll be happy. :)[/b][/quote]
Peaches, you should take a look at taking Zinc supplements or Chromium or Vanadyl Sulfate - all of which will normalize insuline and blood sugar levels... which will make you crave less sugar or carbs or whatever. (assuming your on not taking any medication for diabetes)

Last edited by JR at May 13 2003, 09:24 AM

Almighty Colin
05-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Diets and exercise. I've been running a few miles every morning. Killing my legs. Not as young as I used to be. Ugh!

Hard to keep at the diet. There's a group of us singing to the tune of a broken CD player. We'll repeat this conversation in another few months. How come all the food I like is bad for me? Damned nature. People should live 35 years and then die. We've pushed this civilization thing too far and have to pay for it with moderation. Insanity.

Forest
05-13-2003, 01:18 PM
I remembr hearing serge and webfather talking about dieting and looseing weight in '99 and thinking

Glad i dont need to diet

:blink: :angry: :(

VooMan
05-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Well I'm about ready to see a doctor myself... cuz something must be wrong here...

Atkins: almost killed me. I felt like crap for 30 days. No ketosis, no weight loss, no nothing... except as soon as I went off the low carbs I instantaniously gained 10 pounds while trying to eat carefully... ie. no junk and no overeating...

Low Fat Healthy Boy Diet: Two weeks so far of nothing but skinless chicken or turkey, lots and lots of veggies, and fruit. No chick-fil-a, no junk etc... Started two weeks ago weighing 205, this morning weighed 205. Been working out like crazy and eating about 1500 calories a day. Nothing...

This crap is driving me NUTS! :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Peaches
05-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@May 13 2003, 02:04 PM
This crap is driving me NUTS! :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:
Welcome to Middle Aged :nyanya:

JR
05-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Low Fat Healthy Boy Diet: Two weeks so far of nothing but skinless chicken or turkey, lots and lots of veggies, and fruit. No chick-fil-a, no junk etc... Started two weeks ago weighing 205, this morning weighed 205. Been working out like crazy and eating about 1500 calories a day. Nothing...

you are probably gaining muscle. if you are eating well and "working out like crazy" then it is a good thing that your weight is staying the same... it means you are building muscle. muscle tissue is about 20% more dense than fat. muscle also has memory. you quickly rebuild muscle that was lost due to reduced physical activity which adds weight fast too.

This crap is driving me NUTS!

patience + consistency = results.

be patient.

i gained about 25 pounds of fat in the last 18 months. i have really gotten very serious about my diet (how i eat) and about lifting weights and doing cardio. its frustrating if you are checking the scale everyday. the day you started lifting... you made the scale irrelevent as a measurement of anything.

I am working very hard now. i measure everything out, plan my meals, have a very intense cardio regimine and i even pay a personal trainer to push me harder than i would normally push myself and to help me go farther in terms of actual muscle fatigue.

i started taking photos of myself every week. i want to post them all when i am finished. its pretty funny... you get really annoyed because you dont see the difference when you look at yourself. but when you look at photos, you really see the difference.

i will post all of them in Aug.

Last edited by JR at May 13 2003, 10:46 AM

photogregg
05-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Love all these diet threads :)

Turning 49 next week. I've weight a whopping 140lbs since I was 18...goes up and down 2-3 lbs depending on amount of sex :)

Yeah, yeah, I'm told "high metabolism"...bull, do some work, move around, burn some calories. Trick is wake up, smile, laugh at the bullshit and go to work!@!

I'm up at 4, do the computer stuff, when daylight hits, I'm doing the gardening/landscaping thing. When I do photoshoots, its run around and turn on the hyper-energy.

Yep, I don't eat cookies, candy bars, drink soda, and stay away from greasy foods...never liked any of that junk. Still, I drink beer, smoke cigs, and the real secret is enjoy life, enjoy some kind of physical projects/hobbies, adventures.

For me, it's fix the place up, have fun with the photoshoots and sex! All of them are better than any health club or diet plan.

Advice: quit counting calories...be sensible. Forget the gym...you'll flake out anyway...enjoy life, get some energetic hobbies and LIVE!!!

VooMan
05-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Welcome to Middle Aged :nyanya:

hahaha Peaches! Sorry though, I don't subscribe to that theory... There are plenty of people in their mid-thirties in professional sports and doing Ironman Triathalons. They aren't falling apart and neither am I. :nyanya:

patience + consistency = results

That is quite true. One of the things I have been able to do is work out consistently and I am finally getting my diet to where it's consitent as well. It's a little frustrating hitting a plateu right out of the gate, but the bottom line is that I feel much better already. I'm never stuffing myself, not popping Rolaids like they were candy anymore, and I just feel better. Hopefully it will come with time...

Turning 49 next week. I've weight a whopping 140lbs since I was 18...goes up and down 2-3 lbs depending on amount of sex :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah PhotoGregg... My heart bleeds. haha Just kidding...

My dad was one of those people who weighed 145 pounds his whole life. And he LOVED to eat. Stuffed his face every chance he got and couldn't put on a pound. People like that piss me off... hahaha

I've got hobbies, and one of them is landscaping. Talk about getting outside, last weekend I had five yards of topsoild delivered and I spread it on the lawn with just me, my wheel barrow, and a shovel. Neighbors kept stopping and telling me to take a break. LMAO

Anywho, I'm off to watch 24. Hopefully I will start a "Fucking Fat VooMan" thread in the coming weeks to tell ya'll about my wonderful progress. As if you're interested. haha

:)

Peaches
05-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@May 13 2003, 09:54 PM
Hopefully I will start a "Fucking Fat VooMan" thread in the coming weeks to tell ya'll about my wonderful progress. As if you're interested. haha

:)
NO VIDEOS PLEASE!! :ph34r:

VooMan
05-13-2003, 10:09 PM
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one Peaches!

:wnw: :wnw: :wnw:

JR
05-14-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by VooMan@May 13 2003, 05:54 PM

patience + consistency = results

That is quite true. One of the things I have been able to do is work out consistently and I am finally getting my diet to where it's consitent as well. It's a little frustrating hitting a plateu right out of the gate, but the bottom line is that I feel much better already. I'm never stuffing myself, not popping Rolaids like they were candy anymore, and I just feel better. Hopefully it will come with time...

http://www.pleasurelabs.com/pics/david2.jpg

i recieved that pic about a month ago.
its my cousin.
he's only 19.

it caused me to do some serious reflecting on my health, my body and how i want to live my life. i used to give him a hard time because he put being in the gym/diet as a number 1 priority over everything. after thinking about all the times i stopped and started lifting weights in the last few years - then seeing his progress, i realize why it is important to prioritize, to be determined, to patient and to be consistent.

cj
05-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by JR@May 14 2003, 03:15 AM
its my cousin.
he's only 19.
:yowsa:

:inlove:

B1tch
05-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by cj+May 14 2003, 12:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ May 14 2003, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JR@May 14 2003, 03:15 AM
its my cousin.
he's only 19.
:yowsa:

:inlove:[/b][/quote]
I think i need a toy boy :rolleyes: