PDA

View Full Version : what is the purpose and personal goal of YOUR

Winetalk.com
05-10-2003, 09:10 PM
I always wanted to be FREE, tryly free,
since the days I wanted to leave Russia...

and YOU?

sarettah
05-10-2003, 09:44 PM
To get laid....

and someday, someway, it will happen... I kid you not....

:P

cj
05-10-2003, 09:55 PM
my goal is to be able to unconditionally accept & enjoy the moment that is happening right now, without future goals and past failure's feeling bigger than they really are and overwhelming the glorious feeling of just 'being'.

complete internal peace

but for now, kez & I are off to give mum a rectangular glass lidded frypan for mothers day

:okthumb:

Vick
05-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Personally it's all about my son now
There's really no goal there, it's just to be the best father I can, to enrich his life as much as possible and help him to make the most of every opportunity

There was a time my life was dedicated to hedonism (the act/concept not the resort) but that's past

Professionally I am still working on a career path that will allow me to combine two of my favorite activities

I want to be a professional mattress tester and a wine taster

Basically I want to earn a living by drinking and going to sleep and telling how good it was

Edit - p.s. After further thought I do have a personal goal
Travel the world and see all the Cirque Du Soleil shows
I've seen 4 of the 9 and guess what
Cirque Du Soleil just added a new show, Zumanity and this one is for adults only
http://www.zumanity.com/
Opening August 14 at New York, New York in Vegas

Last edited by Vick at May 10 2003, 09:55 PM

Menace
05-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Also to be free

To have the money, the time and the sense to do what I want, when I want, how I want.

To put in more than I've taken out in my past. To make good above and beyond the evils of my youth.

To stop being a hermit freak and become a person again and laugh more than I ever thought possible.

..and for something good to come from me that lasts beyond my final breath.

Great question Serge - probably the most useful public speaking I've seen from you in all these years :) :okthumb:

[feel free to respond with a picture of your dick or something] :moon:

voodooman
05-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 10 2003, 07:52 PM
To get laid....

and someday, someway, it will happen... I kid you not....

:P
You and I both.

But, Im in LA now, if I cant get laid here, then its just not meant to be I guess. :headwall:

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:15 AM
To learn everything but there's not enough time. :(

When I was a kid I said I wanted to read every book in the Orlando Public Library. True story.

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 10 2003, 09:03 PM
my goal is to be able to unconditionally accept & enjoy the moment that is happening right now, without future goals and past failure's feeling bigger than they really are and overwhelming the glorious feeling of just 'being'.

complete internal peace
Any idea on where to start? I'm hoping something like that comes with age.

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:19 AM
Serge,

What is "tryly"?

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Vick@May 10 2003, 09:23 PM
After further thought I do have a personal goal
Travel the world and see all the Cirque Du Soleil shows
I've seen 4 of the 9 and guess what
Cirque Du Soleil just added a new show, Zumanity and this one is for adults only
http://www.zumanity.com/
Opening August 14 at New York, New York in Vegas
I would have never guessed that. Pretty cool. I haven't seen any of them.

I've seen the Jim Rose Circus though. :blink:

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Menace@May 10 2003, 09:24 PM
To stop being a hermit freak

Feeling rather hermetic myself again the last year, especially since I am also trying "to make good above and beyond the evils of my youth"

Almighty Colin
05-11-2003, 05:25 AM
You guys that want to get laid, if it's just sex you can pay for it, if it's companionship/love that's something different completely, if it's "conquering" it's a game with clear goals and strategy.

slavdogg
05-11-2003, 05:54 AM
to live life to its fullest and not regret a single thing
experience the world as much as i can
to learn as much as i can and one day pass that knowledge on to my kids
also help the people around me and hopefully improve or touch their lives in one some form.

cj
05-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Colin+May 11 2003, 04:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 11 2003, 04:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@May 10 2003, 09:03 PM

complete internal peace
Any idea on where to start? I'm hoping something like that comes with age.[/b][/quote]
The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-0753350-5644139)

excerpt

.....The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form. The inability to feel this connectedness gives rise to the illusion of separation, from yourself and from the world around you. You then perceive yourself, consciously or unconsciously, as an isolated fragment. Fear arises, and conflict within and without becomes the norm. .....

Forest
05-11-2003, 07:49 AM
I used to have HUGE goals and aspirations for wealth and fame

now I just would love a small house on a beach in Belize and enough money just to relax with

Torone
05-11-2003, 09:12 AM
My goals USED TO BE to enjoy the freedom that comes with being American, outfish my Dad, outcook my Mom, and have all the pussy I wanted. I have accomplished those; and I now have one (new) goal in mind:

To build a business on the 'net that will allow me to be location-independent and spend some time relaxing.

sarettah
05-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Colin+May 11 2003, 04:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 11 2003, 04:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@May 10 2003, 09:03 PM

complete internal peace
Any idea on where to start? I'm hoping something like that comes with age.[/b][/quote]
Sit on the floor in a crossed leg position (lotus is good, but most can't do a full lotus), stare deeply into your navel....

Chant...

Ommmm Madiiiii Padiiiii Ommmmmm
Homeee Madiiii Padiiii Ommmmm
Homeeee Send some Moneyyy Homeeee
Homeeee Send some Moneyyy Homeeee

Do that for 30 or 40 hours straight and you will receive enlightenment (glasshoppa)

That will be a buck three eighty please, and I do accept Paypal

:yowsa:

sarettah
05-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Colin@May 11 2003, 04:33 AM
You guys that want to get laid, if it's just sex you can pay for it, if it's companionship/love that's something different completely, if it's "conquering" it's a game with clear goals and strategy.
Nope, it's just getting laid, pure and simple .....

:awinky: :awinky:

Hooper
05-11-2003, 10:20 AM
to be the best at whatever i attempt and to know that even if i failed to be the best, that i gave it my best effort. whether it be fatherhood, business, friendship or golf :)

and to learn from mistakes so that i'm not wasting time :headwall:

i think the worst feeling would be laying on your deathbed alone and knowing that you slacked off and watched a lot of tv.

dantheman
05-11-2003, 10:58 AM
sailboat+caribbean=free or at least a nice place somewhere troprical :matey:

Great mothers day to all the moms :rokk:

Mike AI
05-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Man there are some great anwers.....

This question can be answered on so many levels....

My dream has to always be successful in all aspects of life, to be surrounded by my wonderful wife, terrific family, and great friends. ( and kids eventually)

Business wise, my life goal is to own a professional sports franchise... football or basketball.

Forest
05-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 11 2003, 08:00 AM
Man there are some great anwers.....

Business wise, my life goal is to own a professional sports franchise... football or basketball.
I want passes

wooohooo

Mike do you hear anything about Gumbo Airlines?

no shit I saw it on the news last week

based in NO

photogregg
05-11-2003, 05:22 PM
finally reached the goal...new cuties coming by every day to have me taste test their yummy pussies.

My deal with my partner Jerry is a Fame and Fortune thing. He gets the money, I get to get famous for drinking beer and having fun everyday with our talent...works for me.

Money is over-rated...been there, done that...too much responsibility. Much more enjoyable to get women to laugh and have fun with their sexuality...especially when I get to help them do it.

cj
05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by photogregg@May 11 2003, 04:30 PM
finally reached the goal...new cuties coming by every day to have me taste test their yummy pussies.

My deal with my partner Jerry is a Fame and Fortune thing. He gets the money, I get to get famous for drinking beer and having fun everyday with our talent...works for me.

Money is over-rated...been there, done that...too much responsibility. Much more enjoyable to get women to laugh and have fun with their sexuality...especially when I get to help them do it.

Torone
05-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by photogregg@May 11 2003, 04:30 PM

I'm just the opposite...been THERE, done THAT. Now, I'm wishing Fate had made me rich instead of so damn' good-lookin'. :D