PDA

View Full Version : Should this man be charged with murder?

Almighty Colin
05-06-2003, 05:26 AM
"A japanese photographer detained for questioning in connection with an Iraqi battlefield souvenir that exploded at a Jordanian airport has been indicted for murder, prosecution officials said.

The officials said today that Hiroki Gomi, 36, has not been formally charged but was indicted on four counts in connection with the explosion that killed a security guard May 1.

The charges include premeditated murder, possession of explosive materials without a licence, intention to harm and inflicting damage on property, the officials said. No trial date has been set.

Jordan's military prosecutor said Gomi was ordered detained for two weeks pending an investigation.

Gomi was carrying an explosive device obtained in Iraq when it exploded in the hands of Jordanian security guard Ali al-Sarhan, killing him instantly. Three other people were injured, one critically."

Sword
05-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Premeditated murder? Sounds like negligent manslaughter to me.

JR
05-06-2003, 06:20 AM
i think he should be charged in accordance with Jordanian law. thats what its there for.

collecting battlefield souvenirs = bad.

Trev
05-06-2003, 06:33 AM
I go with negligent manslaughter as well

Because if he'd left the "souvenir" on the battlefield the security guard would still be alive.

JR
05-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2003, 02:41 AM

Because if he'd left the "souvenir" on the battlefield the security guard would still be alive.
Negligent manslaughter based on British Law? American Law? Jordanian Law? Islamic Law? Iranian Law? Eskimo Law? Its not "negligent manslaughter" in Jordan if they law does not have such a thing.

Trev
05-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by JR+May 6 2003, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ May 6 2003, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Trev@May 6 2003, 02:41 AM

Negligent manslaughter based on British Law? American Law? Jordanian Law? Islamic Law? Iranian Law? Eskimo Law? Its not "negligent manslaughter" in Jordan if they law does not have such a thing.[/b][/quote]
Very true... then I change my verdict to murder, because I know they have that :D