PDA

View Full Version : Hi All.

Titus
03-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Steve from Tabloid Cash stopping by, occasional reader of the board, figured I'd pop in.

Cheers!

- Titus

Last edited by Titus at Mar 25 2003, 11:19 AM

Winetalk.com
03-25-2003, 02:21 PM
do you know that the name of the roman emperor who destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem was Titus too?
;-)))

OnlineVibes
03-25-2003, 02:22 PM
God Bless you both.

Mike AI
03-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Titus are you concerned about any copyright/trademark issues in dealing with the real tabloids you are copying? I like the idea, and the look - just wonder what the real STAR and National Enquirer will have to say about it.

Hell we are getting shit from Oprah from trying to trademark Oprano.com because her lawyers claim its a mispelling of Oprah with a NO on the the end! HAHAHA No wonder the world hates attorneys!

Titus
03-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Mike,

We have been over everything extensively with a legal team, I was personally in most of the meetings. The truth is (as you and Oprah-no.com are aware) you can sue anyone for anything. Adult sites tend to stay under the radar, and even if we do have to take the controversy public, any publicity is good publicity, no? :awinky:

We are assured that we are facing little risk should they even decide to litigate. And if by some miracle they are able to injoin, we have backup domains and designs ready for all sites. Can never be too careful.

As the old joke goes (I live in NJ, ironically) - why does California have so many lawyers and NJ have so many toxic waste dumps? Because NJ got to pick first.

I actually took the name from Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast novels; Titus Groan. But obviously the name has a rich history. The world needs more Tituses and less Steves.

Anthony
03-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Steve, I thought you got it from the TV show. :D

MikeW
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Those sites look nice but nothing terribly 'new' about it. The mag style is getting beat to death already. I was building sites like that for CEN back in '99. But it looks like you found a way to squeeze more $$ out of an idea ;-)) Best of luck!

:rokk:

Titus
03-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't classify tabloid papers as 'magazines' but it's neither here nor there. If you've seen an affiliate program design like ours I'd be very surprised. :awinky:

I suppose it's arguable that anything not copied off another existing site is fresh, even cookie cutter paysites get a decent run if they're done properly.

- Titus

sextoyking
03-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Hi Steve - Titus,

welcome aboard oprano.

Your sites look pretty good, should convert nice.

Titus
03-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Quick bump.

We're looking for exit and ezclick/crossell trades right now, we have a few primary spots open. Hit me on ICQ or give a call at the office if interested, information on the site/sig. Thanks.

- Titus