PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened at Oscars...

XXXPhoto
03-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Michael Moore's speech at the Oscars after winning for his documentary " Bowling for Columbine " wasn't well received (understatement)...

The funny moment was a few minutes after he had been 'assisted' off the stage by security. The host, Steve Martin, quipped that Moore was being helped into the trunk of his limo by Teamsters... Lynn Redgrave eat your heart out...

To paraphrase Sally Field, "You hate me now, you really hate me!"

SykkBoy
03-23-2003, 10:12 PM
hahah, that was some funny shit

Micheal Moore gets a bit preachy, but I admire his spunk...I don't always agree with what he says, but some damn funny stuf comes out of his mouth....

I loved his old tv show when he parked a bunch of cars outside of the house of the man who invetned the car alarm and set them all off at 3am......

I also admire that he gives reasons to his opinions and doesn't just mimic what everyone else is saying to sound important (Susan Sarandon, sit the fuck down please, thank you)

Mike AI
03-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Michael Moore is funny.... he is also very talented, but nevertheless a bafoon....

kath
03-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Mar 23 2003, 07:20 PM
Susan Sarandon, sit the fuck down please, thank you
Sorry - just wanted to see this in print again.

I nominate Susan for Best Supporting Human Shield Award - no Oscars...just a free trip to Iraq - do I hear a second???

:nyanya:

Mike AI
03-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Memorandum from Dennis Miller to anti-war protesters

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Sunday, March 22, 2003
ALL THE RHETORIC ON WHETHER OR NOT WE SHOULD GO TO WAR AGAINST IRAQ HAS GOT MY INSANE LITTLE BRAIN SPINNING LIKE A ROULETTE WHEEL. I ENJOY READING OPINIONS FROM BOTH SIDES BUT I HAVE DETECTED A HINT OF CONFUSION FROM SOME OF YOU.

I'D LIKE TO APPLY THIS SIMPLE THEORY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T QUITE GET IT. MY HOPE IS THAT WE CAN SIMPLIFY THINGS A BIT AND RECOGNIZE A FEW IMPORTANT FACTS.

HERE ARE 10 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN VOICING AN OPINION ON THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE:

1) BETWEEN PRESIDENT BUSH AND SADDAM HUSSEIN ... HUSSEIN IS THE BAD GUY.

2) IF YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE UNITED NATIONS TO DO THE RIGHT THING KEEP THIS IN MIND, THEY HAVE LIBYA HEADING THE COMMITTEE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND IRAQ HEADING THE GLOBAL DISARMAMENT COMMITTEE. DO YOUR OWN MATH HERE!

3) IF YOU USE GOOGLE SEARCH AND TYPE IN "FRENCH MILITARY VICTORIES", YOUR REPLY WILL BE "DID YOU MEAN FRENCH MILITARY DEFEATS?"

4) IF YOUR ONLY ANTI-WAR SLOGAN IS "NO WAR FOR OIL," SUE YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR ALLOWING YOU TO SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS AND ROBBING YOU OF THE EDUCATION YOU DESERVE.

5) SADDAM AND BIN LADEN WILL NOT SEEK UNITED NATIONS APPROVAL BEFORE THEY TRY TO KILL US.

6) DESPITE COMMON BELIEF, MARTIN SHEEN IS NOT THE PRESIDENT. HE JUST PLAYS ONE ON T.V.

7) EVEN IF YOU ARE ANTI-WAR, YOU ARE STILL AN "INFIDEL!" AND BIN LADEN WANTS YOU DEAD, TOO.

8) IF YOU BELIEVE IN A "VAST RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY" BUT NOT IN THE DANGER THAT HUSSEIN POSES, QUIT HANGING OUT WITH THE DELL COMPUTER DUDE!

9) WE ARE TRYING TO LIBERATE THE IRAQI PEOPLE.

10) WHETHER YOU ARE FOR MILITARY ACTION OR AGAINST IT, OUR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN OVERSEAS ARE FIGHTING FOR US TO DEFEND OUR RIGHT TO SPEAK OUT. WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT THEM WITHOUT RESERVATION.

Buff
03-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Celebrities are the real heroes.

Completely disregarding their own personal safety, celebrities turned out in droves to attend the Oscars. I don't know about you, but I think the courage demonstrated by the entertainment industry is extraordinary and should be an example for us all.

kath
03-24-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Buff@Mar 23 2003, 09:17 PM
Celebrities are the real heroes.

Completely disregarding their own personal safety, celebrities turned out in droves to attend the Oscars. I don't know about you, but I think the courage demonstrated by the entertainment industry is extraordinary and should be an example for us all.
This is sarcasm - right??? WTF?

RawAlex
03-24-2003, 02:04 AM
Sarcasm... yup... you spotted it.

I just wanted to say that I have noticed a really funny thing happening - if you are against military action, then you must be a saddam lover. A very typical debating tactic that just makes me puke.

Saddam is a suckass that should be shot on sight. But I hate the idea of US, UK, and OZ soldiers dying because this couldn't wait 2 more weeks...

Now, if you read the sentence, how can anyone say I am a Saddam lover?

Alex

-= JR =-
03-24-2003, 02:24 AM
"2) IF YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE UNITED NATIONS TO DO THE RIGHT THING KEEP THIS IN MIND, THEY HAVE LIBYA HEADING THE COMMITTEE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND IRAQ HEADING THE GLOBAL DISARMAMENT COMMITTEE. DO YOUR OWN MATH HERE! "

haha.. had to definately check that one out.
-----------------------

"The United Nations Commission on Human Rights is chaired by Najat Al-Hajjaji of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriy.

Iraq was selected to head the United Nations' Conference on Disarmament scheduled to be held in Geneva beginning in May 2003. (Which country chairs the U.N. Conference on Disarmament is determined through "purely automatic rotation by alphabetical order.") However, in mid-February Iraq informed the U.N. that it was giving up its turn at the rotating presidency of the disarmament forum; since Iran had already given up its turn to chair the body as well, the position fell upon the next country on the alphabetical list, Ireland"
-------------------

"UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Iraq will chair the United Nations' most important disarmament negotiating forum during the panel's May session.

At the rules-minded United Nations, it's not a country's status with international weapons inspectors, but the letters in its name that determine which member state chairs the Conference on Disarmament.

"The irony is overwhelming," a U.S. diplomat said.

Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix and Mohamed ElBaradei, director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Monday delivered their 60-day report on the status of weapons inspections in Iraq. It was a less-than-glowing summary, with both men saying Baghdad is not cooperating with inspectors and is not being forthcoming on disclosing information about its weapons programs.

Iraq will take its turn as the head of the conference, a U.N. spokesman said, because of a "purely automatic rotation by alphabetical order."

Therefore, joining Iraq as co-chair for the session in Geneva, Switzerland, will be Iran.

The conference chair helps organize the work of the conference and assists in setting the agenda.

The May 12-June 27 conference will be the 25th anniversary session since the conference was established in 1979 after a special U.N. General Assembly session.

The conference is made up of 66 countries who have been divided in recent years on several issues, including the prevention of an arms race in outer space.

The conference and its predecessors have negotiated such major multilateral arms limitation and disarmament agreements as:

• Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons

• Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques

• Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction

• Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction

• Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty"

cj
03-24-2003, 06:02 AM
the oscars are just on tv here now ... and his speech was just on

gotta give the guy some credit for his giant balls

i guess we need psychotics on all sides to keep the balance even

sarah_webinc
03-24-2003, 07:00 AM
atleast he had the balls to take his moment with the world's eyes on him and use it to speak on something he honestly belives in. I find that far braver than the ones that give mouth to their views but won't risk pissing off the Academy.

Go Micheal!

XXXPhoto
03-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Mar 23 2003, 11:12 PM

Alex
When he squints he looks kinda asian Alex... you'd fuck him... :nyanya:

kath
03-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Mar 23 2003, 11:12 PM
Sarcasm... yup... you spotted it.

Whew! Did NOT want to see this one debated all day and half the night.

:groucho:

RawAlex
03-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto+Mar 24 2003, 07:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXXPhoto @ Mar 24 2003, 07:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RawAlex@Mar 23 2003, 11:12 PM

Alex
When he squints he looks kinda asian Alex... you'd fuck him... :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
Not asian enough for me.... plus that upper lip hairy thing just don't do it for me... :-)

Alex

Shok
03-24-2003, 12:12 PM
I love how some celebrities decided to make a statement by not arriving in limos but instead using hybrid cars.

ooooo what a statement, i'm sure they will be giving up that 11 mpg Escalade for a toyota hybrid anyday now.

Evil Chris
03-24-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm so happy B_for_C won that Oscar.
Moore might be a bit of a buffoon, but he appears to have to be to get any sort of point across.

The only way they'll get that Oscar back from him is to probably pry it from his cold, dead, hand.

kath
03-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 24 2003, 09:35 AM
The only way they'll get that Oscar back from him is to probably pry it from his cold, dead, hand.
I dunno....we all put WAY too much value on anything celebrities say. I doubt it would happen - but it would be nice if this could be a lesson to the public on that point. Celebrities opinions are like everyone else's opinions - which as we all know are like assholes - everyone has one and they all stink, except for your own. :moon:

Who gives a shit? I'd still like to get Susan Surrandon alone for a good bitch slapping, but that's for many other reasons outside of the anti-war stuff. She just BEGS for it.

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Evil Chris
03-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I agree with you kath....

[QUOTE]
pry it from his cold, dead, hand
[QUOTE]

I was just quoting Charleton Heston, there though...

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as it doesn't conflict with mine.

kath
03-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 24 2003, 10:54 AM
I agree with you kath....

[QUOTE]
pry it from his cold, dead, hand
[QUOTE]

I was just quoting Charleton Heston, there though...

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as it doesn't conflict with mine.
Sounds good to me....

Oh wait...you were giving me subliminal instructions....

pry...it...from...his...cold...dead...hand...

Gotcha Chris - will do. You are SO evil! :wnw: Muhahahahaha!

OK...that's it...gotta go BACK to decaf....I'm getting loopy. :yowsa: