PDA

View Full Version : The END of online Pharmacies

Forest
03-22-2003, 07:50 AM
http://www.ynotmasters.com/news/ynews/issu...2003/page3.html (http://www.ynotmasters.com/news/ynews/issues/032003/page3.html)

$48,000,000 In Fines Levied Against Six Online Pharmacists

OUCH!!!

glad im just an affiliate :awinky:

How quickly do you think they will beable to push this though the many levels of our judicial system?

Does anyone think this will effect offshore companies as the issue here isnt shipping its the laws in the USA where the scripts are being written and dispensed from

Mutt i know you are Anti online paharmacy what your insite or opinion?

Last edited by Forest at Mar 22 2003, 04:59 AM

Mike AI
03-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Forest it was a matter of time before the gov't cracked down on this....

RawAlex
03-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Forest, actually, I think shipping IS an issue - not entirely clear what the customs regulations are for the importation of drugs and medicines.

This was going to get cracked down on because this whole thing fails the stink test: Doctors should never be allowed to write prescriptions without first seeing the patient. That is VERY basic. Now, onlilne pharmacies would do themselves good if they had a way to accept prescriptions from real doctors and fill them online... now that would be good.

Alex

Forest
03-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Mar 22 2003, 02:38 PM
Forest, actually, I think shipping IS an issue - not entirely clear what the customs regulations are for the importation of drugs and medicines.

This was going to get cracked down on because this whole thing fails the stink test: Doctors should never be allowed to write prescriptions without first seeing the patient. That is VERY basic. Now, onlilne pharmacies would do themselves good if they had a way to accept prescriptions from real doctors and fill them online... now that would be good.

Alex
there are online pharmacies that do that

you fax them your script they fill and ship

alot in Canada because of the price difference

Indian Tribes are getting into that here. Marketing prescriptions filled and shiped from Canada. They love it NO TAX and the drug markup his HUGE here in the states.

So if its Legal to fill and ship that way why not from somewhere else?

we are back to the prescription issue. Shipping seems to be fine

and in the countries we fullfill and ship from we are abiding by all the regulations and laws.

RawAlex
03-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Forest, recent changes have made it harder for US citizens to come to canada and get medication... I will try to find the articles, but there was a pretty big stink about it all, especially in Vancouver area.

Not sure what that would do to online business...

Alex

Peaches
03-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Mar 22 2003, 09:43 PM
Forest, recent changes have made it harder for US citizens to come to canada and get medication... I will try to find the articles, but there was a pretty big stink about it all, especially in Vancouver area.
From what I've read, there are laws against bringing the Canadian drugs in here, but the senior citizen lobby has convinced the government to turn their heads and not bother them. But the drug companies got their panties in a bunch because obviously they're making a much higher profit on the drugs they sell here in the US and some are threatening to stop business with Canadian pharmacies that sell to US customers.

There's a brick an mortar pharmacy in Atlanta that you can walk into and place an order, and get your prescription (and pricing) through Canada.

I've looked into it because of my migraines, but since I have insurance, the benefit's not there, and even w/o insurance, with shipping I've heard people say the savings isn't always there on some medications.

Now, comparing prices with "real" pharmacies and the "doc on the net" where you never see a real doctor? I'd bet the prices are a LOT higher - there's a reason why you're not going to YOUR doctor and getting a legitimate prescription and I'm guessing you pay for the privacy.

I'm not sure I'd feel safe getting prescriptions from anywhere else but Canada and the US.