PDA

View Full Version : .CN domains available at DirectNIC

Mike AI
03-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Second level .CN (www.mydomain.cn) is now available for registration at directNIC!

.CN is the domain extension for China, who has recently become the No. 2 market for Internet use, with an Internet population of more than 59 million. It is a huge potential market for your business.

Any organization can purchase a .CN name. There's no requirement for a presence in China, contacts in China, association with China or Chinese name servers. The registration fee for .CN is US$49.95 per domain per year. You can register for up to 5 years.

Benefits for having a .CN domain:

Protection of a well-established brand
Implies your business has a global presence
Wider user/wider popularity
Recognized as a website of a business with Chinese presence,
Recognized as a website of an organization that does business with China.

directNIC News: .WS Registration Success

Hundreds of .WS (Website) domains have been registered at directNIC since its launch on February 4, 2003. directNIC ranked No. 1 among the selling registrars for .WS (Website) domain names in February 2003.

You can register .WS (Website) domains at directNIC.com for only US$15.00 per year per domain. Also, don't miss out on premium .WS (Website) keyword domains that are still available for the same low price of US$15.00! Remember, they won't last long! premium .ws (Website) keyword center.

directNIC Service Reminder: Pre-Owned Domains

Thousands of previously owned domains are now for sale at directNIC Pre-owned Domain Store. You can save time and effort by browsing through the Store at http://www.directnic.com/premium/.

All domains can be searched by several options, including TLD, category, and character strings. In addition, you can sort your search results by domain price and expiration date. Browse through our collection of pre-owned domains for great deals!

Please note that only credit cards can be used to buy these pre-owned domains. Visit our Pre-owned Domain Store at http://www.directnic.com/premium/.

Customer Testimonial

Thank you so much for taking the time to assist me with my website. I should have my site up today, because of you. Everyone at directNIC has been very pleasant to talk to and has all ways resolved my little problems.

Evil Chris
03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Very nice... I managed to grab christopher.cn although I'm not sure what I'll do with it. :D

I noticed there was a significant price increase. Any reason for that, Mike?

Mike AI
03-17-2003, 05:05 PM
I noticed there was a significant price increase. Any reason for that, Mike?

The Chinese are learning about free market economics, and hence are charging much more....

There are some good domains still left....

homegrownmof
03-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 17 2003, 05:13 PM

There are some good domains still left....

Is browjob.cn still available?

Mike AI
03-17-2003, 05:35 PM
HAHAHA

I don't think so, but ruckydog.com is!

Peaches
03-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Are "adult" names not allowed?

sextoyking
03-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Good deal mike.

just got webinc.cn through directnic :)

Evil Chris
03-17-2003, 06:12 PM
I bought a few today, but I still want a few more.

Mike can you lend me a few of those big Uhmerican dollars so I can shop for more CN domains?

(hurry though, because your dollar value is dropping fast...)

Mike AI
03-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Peaches this is from Sig:

they will let you purchase them. however, they will take them from you and not refund them

Peaches
03-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 17 2003, 08:43 PM
Peaches this is from Sig:

they will let you purchase them. however, they will take them from you and not refund them
Well, they're being really picky about what they consider "adult" names :awinky: Some of us have BIRTH last names (emphasis for Vick) that can be construed as adult names and it's saying I can't have mylastname.cn :grrr:

I'm used to it - it's real fun when trying to get an AOL username or when your son decides he wants to fight with the Georgia DMV for a personalized tag :headwall: (also fun when he's been playing ball with it on his jersey for 12 years :biglaugh: :biglaugh: ).

I was just wondering if that's why I was getting the "not available", but no "whois" info like the other options gave me. Tell Sig "Thanks" and he needs to find someone with a simple last name like "Smith" to marry me so I can be cool and get a .cn name like you guys :(

Mike AI
03-17-2003, 08:13 PM
EC Dollar went up high today....

But you know a cheap dollar allows for some strong benefits for US Consumers....