PDA

View Full Version : This should be the cover story

WHS
03-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Authorities charged a former Northwest Airlines flight attendant with assault for allegedly putting a prescription depressant in 19-month-old girl's apple juice to stop her crying during an international flight.

You gotta love these people
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/03/14/s...e.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/03/14/spiked.juice.ap/index.html)

sextoyking
03-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Jesus, what is this world coming to.

can't handle the baby crying on a long flight, so drug the kid :((

NW Air is gonna pay alot of cash on this one.

I have flown to vienna about 15 times in the last 2 years or so, you gotta deal with load passengers, babies, etc. no biggie at all. Put on your headphones, play the dvd movies and your good to go.

Mike AI
03-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Todd, I agree with you 100%

Stupid flight attendent should spend a lot of time in jail!

Of course most liberals would just toss the baby out emergency exit if it was not convienient - like abortion! :D :rolleyes:

Almighty Colin
03-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 14 2003, 02:26 PM
Of course most liberals would just toss the baby out emergency exit if it was not convienient - like abortion! :D :rolleyes:
:ph34r:

Peaches
03-14-2003, 02:41 PM
NW Air is gonna pay alot of cash on this one.

NW airlines shouldn't have to pay a dime. But since they have the deep pockets, once the moron is found guilty, there will be a lawsuit filed against them :angry: I'm glad the mother was aware enough to see what was going on!

Personally, and I say this as a parent who has flown with a baby, I think there should be a "baby" section of a plane. There is nothing worse than a baby that cannot stop crying. My gf is a flight attendant for AA, and for a time she had 3 kids under 3 years old (long story), and would fly frequently from Chicago to Atlanta. She ALWAYS made sure they put her in the very back so she'd bother as few people as possible. On most airlines, kids under certain age aren't allowed in 1st class. There's a reason for that..... :awinky:

kath
03-14-2003, 02:50 PM
It's awful that this guy felt it was OK to do this to that baby. Yeah, I've been on flights with some real screamers (last trip back from Florida a couple weeks back BTW - thought that kid would NEVER shut up!) but that's a bit above and beyond. *sigh*

...but on a positive note...

I say the airlines should offer the Xanax-laden apple juice as a cocktail to all passengers! Wow...would that make those business trips SO much easier! I know I'd take one - or two.

:stout: :stout: :stout:

Rox
03-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Gad, what a stupid, stupid man...

This struck me as particularly funny: "The Federal Drug Administration hasn't approved it for children under age 18, the agency said."

So does that make it somehow WORSE? If he'd given the kid Paxil, Prozac or Valium (approved for children as young as 6 months old - can you fucking believe that?), would it be any less a crime to slip the kid a mickey?

Normally I don't like the idea of giving kids medicine of ANY kind unless there's truly no other option; but I'll admit that if I was forced to take a toddler on an INTERNATIONAL flight (and I'd have to be forced, because even a DOMESTIC flight with a kid in tow is a damned nightmare), I'd probably make sure to have a bottle of Pediatric Robitussin at hand to dose the kid when she was over the edge and needed to be knocked out. Traveling is hell, even for adults -- and at least we have the option to cocktail ourselves into sleeping through enough of any flight that the torture is somewhat lessened.

Probably the only thing more frustrating than traveling with a toddler is doing so with a 6'6" man... the toddler probably does less whining, I swear! :nyanya:

Peaches
03-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Rox@Mar 15 2003, 11:12 AM
Probably the only thing more frustrating than traveling with a toddler is doing so with a 6'6" man... the toddler probably does less whining, I swear! :nyanya:
I was dating a guy a couple of years ago that could fall asleep standing up and his snoring could wake the dead. We went to Vegas on the spur of the moment and couldn't get seats together on the way there. About 1/2 an hour into the flight, I hear him. And it gets louder. And louder. Needless to say, the people sitting around him gladly offered me a seat next to him for the remainder of the trip so I could be there to elbow him when he started to doze off :zzz:

Rox
03-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 15 2003, 07:25 AM
his snoring could wake the dead.
Damn, I didn't even think about that aspect of it...

There's a reason I'm usually up and out of bed at least 3 times a week by 4:30 AM... and he's sawing a few cords of wood at this very moment! <_<