PDA

View Full Version : School massacre plot foiled

sarah_webinc
03-13-2003, 11:47 AM
School massacre plot foiled

Six schoolchildren have been arrested in Arizona after planning to kill everyone at their school except their friends.

The four girls and two boys are accused of plotting to rig Gilbert High School with explosives and shoot their classmates before committing suicide.

The plan emerged from a note confiscated by a teacher from one of the six, who are aged 14 to 16.

The alleged ringleader, 15-year-old Krystal Marie Miller, has been charged with disrupting the peace, threatening and intimidating. Prosecutors are seeking to try her as an adult. The other five have yet to be charged.

The note, allegedly written by Miller, read: "This will be the last thing you ever do, and you have to be willing to shoot people, you know. So tell me now if you want out because there won't be any chickening out on the day of the massacre. You will still go to jail even if you don't pull the trigger."

"I want this to be a total suprise! Completely out of the blue! Oh, I can't wait to see all that blood! Can you see the headlines? 'School Dies!' 'Dozens Killed!' 'Blood Everywhere! Weeeee!"

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_760189.html

shawcutie
03-13-2003, 11:52 AM
How sad.

Forest
03-13-2003, 11:57 AM
man Im glad im not a kid anymore

scarry

Mike AI
03-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Where are the parents???

I think parents should be prosecuted as well..... IF Parents are not going to hold their children responsible and be invovled in their lives - then they should be punished for actions of their out of control children!

Marc De
03-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Mike - I agree its important that parents play a role in their children's lives, but prosecuting them for their actions is a bit much. As a parent there is only so much you can do to mold your children to what they will be, but there is outside influence (other than the parent) that can affect the way they act.

I believe the problem does involve parenting but also goes further.

shawcutie
03-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I totally agree Mike. These parents are as much to blame as the children. Parents today blame it on TV or video games. Bullshit. I guarantee that if these parents would have spent a little more time communicating with their child, they could see something was terribly wrong.

Forest
03-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 13 2003, 09:05 AM
Where are the parents???

I think parents should be prosecuted as well..... IF Parents are not going to hold their children responsible and be invovled in their lives - then they should be punished for actions of their out of control children!
Mike

Unfortunatley you CANT always blame them

My father the scumbag split with my mom when i was 7

I was left with a baby sitter of sorts while my mother went to school and workrd 2 jobs to make a better life for her kids. fucking minimum wage in the 70's was prob 2-3 bucks an hour.

I pulled a knife on a kid for the first time when i was in 6th grade just after school.

Was this my mothers fault? No.

she was and is an Extremely strict parent. and an Exceptional role model BUT there was NO stopping me as a youth

im just verry glad guns were not the weapon of choice at the time i was in school.

Peaches
03-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 13 2003, 01:05 PM
Where are the parents???

Uh, Michael - kids are with their parents (especially at that age) maybe 4 waking hours a day, and the rest of the time they're either at school, sporting events, with their friends, etc. If you think you're going to know what's going on your kid's head when they're teenagers, you're in for a rude awakening :awinky:

Remember the kid out west that killed his parents a few years? Every single person they interviewed said his parents went out of their way to be good parents to him - he was just a troubled child. There's nature and nurture and sometimes nurture can't change the nature :(

There ARE certain things to hold parents responsible for - truancy, if it's proven the parents ARE aware and aren't doing something, if the parents are letting the kids drink/do drugs in the house, etc. but you can't unilaterally say the parents are responsible for the actions of the kids.

Check back with us in 20 years :bwave:

Vick
03-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Natural Born Killers

Interesting that is was 4 females and 2 males as serial killers and mass murders usually tend to be male

Nature VS Nurture - it's both

I'd be very interested to see more news on this