PDA

View Full Version : Is this the first time in history?

Almighty Colin
03-12-2003, 01:05 PM
I know there are quite a few history buffs around here.

Is this the first time in history that one nation has been forced to destroy it's missiles, have weapons inspectors all over it's country and been forced to permit high altitude spy flights over it during the last days on the road to war?

Trev
03-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Mar 12 2003, 10:13 AM
forced to permit high altitude spy flights over it during the last days on the road to war?
I sure the flights were to aid the UN inspectors (also the military) and I remember reading there was a fuss because they had taken off from Saudi Arabia...

I got the link here somewhere... lemme see....

Mike AI
03-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I think Saddam is hoping by doing things peace-meal he will escape a war.... we all know that will not happen. But Saddam really thinks he can keep on putting things off, then give in a litle, and will eventually break up any coalition of the willing - and then escape a war because he thinks the US will not go alone, and if we do - he thinks he can inflcit enough casualies on our soldiers that we will run away.

OF coure I do not think Saddam can comprehend what is about to hit him, as well as the resolve WE as a nation has, and more importantly the resolve of Bush!

FOxNews had a good article on the war protests, how the groups that are orginizing them are being supported $$ wise by terroris groups, communist groups ( groups that think N. Korea is a nice place), and groups that support Cuba/Castro.

Funny how so many sheep are willing to be led around by these people....

"useful idiots"

Almighty Colin
03-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 12 2003, 01:21 PM
He thinks he can inflcit enough casualies on our soldiers that we will run away.

I think Saddam thinks that too.

Using Gulf War I as a model ... Saddam made a public statement in 1990 that the coalition would not fight if heavy casualties were taken. It is quite apparent that he thought his military was capable of inflicting them. I would guess ... that he thinks he will inflict heavy casualties on US/British/other? troops in his cities and that they will pull out as a result.

SykkBoy
03-12-2003, 01:57 PM

"useful idiots"
Yup, I listen to talk radio a lot lately...the callers may as well be saying "baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaa"

sheeps to the left of me and sheeps to the right and here I am stuck in the middle....or something like that ;)))

slavdogg
03-13-2003, 05:01 AM
he thinks he can inflcit enough casualies on our soldiers that we will run away.
Mike, did you know modern thinking of that comes from Lebanon and Hezbollah ?

When they hit Marines in Lebanon in 83, we ran away.
They expected the same results in 93 when they blew up Towers in Saudi Arebia.

Than it 2000 Israel withdrew from Lebanon and Hezbollah claimed victory. Arafat thought he could do one better and launched his Intifada soon after.

you see the patern ?

Almighty Colin
03-13-2003, 05:07 AM

"useful idiots"
Yup, I listen to talk radio a lot lately...the callers may as well be saying "baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaa"

sheeps to the left of me and sheeps to the right and here I am stuck in the middle....or something like that ;) ||

Last edited by Colin at Mar 13 2003, 05:16 AM

Trev
03-13-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Colin+Mar 13 2003, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Mar 13 2003, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Mar 12 2003, 01:21 PM

"useful idiots"

sheeps to the left of me and sheeps to the right and here I am stuck in the middle....or something like that ;) ||[/b][/quote]
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

*KK*
03-13-2003, 05:35 AM
It's "jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you..."

;)

Mike AI
03-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Slav, you are right. Even in Somolia after the battle we had there, we bugged out and left a year afterwards. That is the general concpetion about the US when it comes to military intervention.

I cannot imagine what we would do if we had the kind of blood shed we had in WWII....

Thank goodness, I do not think Iraq can come anywhere close to this - and will not inflict many causualties on our troops!

WHS
03-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Mar 12 2003, 02:13 PM
I know there are quite a few history buffs around here.

Is this the first time in history that one nation has been forced to destroy it's missiles, have weapons inspectors all over it's country and been forced to permit high altitude spy flights over it during the last days on the road to war?
Sadam should feel analy violated now

I would equate Sadam to that Nazi guy on OZ that gets pounded all the time

kath
03-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by WHS@Mar 13 2003, 07:19 AM
Sadam should feel analy violated now

I would equate Sadam to that Nazi guy on OZ that gets pounded all the time
HAHAHAHAHA!

Now that's a new visual on Saddam that I hadn't heard yet! :yowsa:

Almighty Colin
03-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Another such move?

By calling for the UN to meet today, Saddam still can't attack first. If war starts tonight, he was prevented diplomatically from pre-emptively attacking.

XXXManager
03-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 13 2003, 02:43 AM
It's "jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you..."

;)
Hmm.. The other way around..

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.. Here I am stuck in the middle with you.
...And you started of with nothing and you're proud that you're a self made man.
...And your friend they all come crawling, slap you on the back and say.... Plea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-eas...... Plea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-eas...

:rokk:

MissEve
03-18-2003, 09:11 PM
I caught part of a story on NPR today about Saddams reaction when the bombs starting hitting during the first Gulf War. Apparently when he figured out it was going on he was relieved that it wasnt a coup.