PDA

View Full Version : Proof Adultwriters.com is selling without paying a

Darkdeliverance
03-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Are you sure the story content you're buying from adultwriters is legal? We've found proof that the authors we're NEVER paid. Adultwriters is claiming they've never sold the pack. That's a lie, they have sold the pack at LEAST 57 times, and the writers haven't seen a penny of the money.
Here's the proof... I didn't want to up all the screen shots... so here are two of them...

http://easycloak.com/Image12.jpg
http://easycloak.com/Image20.jpg

If you've bought the story pack #1 from Adultwriters, you don't have copywrites to it! Demand your money back!

Cheeky
03-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Interesting isn't it...
Where did you get your information from? I wrote one story pack for AdultWriters.com it was the 1st Gay Pack up there.... I was contacted by another webmaster asking for stories and she'd told me that she'd already purchased the pack and wanted to find more...

I have requested the pack be pulled down after asking if any packs had sold and I was told none had... I wrote to them recently again asking for the pack to be pulled down but still I have not had a response and the pack as far as I know is still up there...

I run my own story site now so I know that all my stories are covered by copyright because they are all written by me and I sell them myself at sex-story-text.com apart from the ones I write for WickedTemptress

If you have any more info it would be great to hear it...

Mike AI
03-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Hmmm I am out of the loop I never even heard of Adultwriters....

I always assumed most people stold stories anyway - taking them off news groups....

Raven
03-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 7 2003, 05:31 PM
Hmmm I am out of the loop I never even heard of Adultwriters....

I always assumed most people stold stories anyway - taking them off news groups....
Adultwriters burst on the scene about two years ago. Reverend Sassy, I believe, writes for the Adult Webmaster right now.

There are many webmasters who now buy custom or limited license stories and text, since most of what is on newsgroups is of pretty poor quality.

Hooper
03-07-2003, 10:59 PM
I always just scan penthouse' letters to the editor mike.. you use the newsgroups?

i'm gonna have to check that out! ;-)

Darkdeliverance
03-08-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Cheeky@Mar 7 2003, 04:47 PM
Interesting isn't it...
Where did you get your information from? I wrote one story pack for AdultWriters.com it was the 1st Gay Pack up there.... I was contacted by another webmaster asking for stories and she'd told me that she'd already purchased the pack and wanted to find more...

I have requested the pack be pulled down after asking if any packs had sold and I was told none had... I wrote to them recently again asking for the pack to be pulled down but still I have not had a response and the pack as far as I know is still up there...

I run my own story site now so I know that all my stories are covered by copyright because they are all written by me and I sell them myself at sex-story-text.com apart from the ones I write for WickedTemptress

If you have any more info it would be great to hear it...
ITs a sad sad world....

Its come to light that there are a few other authors that wrote for Adultwriters, the joke pack and the goth pack who ALSO haven't seen a dime of the sales....

Looking into legal action on Monday

originalheather
03-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Stories are intellectual property just as much as pics are. Because newsgroup stories have been tolerated doesn't make them legal.

I hope you do all sue them. Nothing worse than thieving content providers..I've run into a few myself with my content.

It just disgusts me.

JMM
03-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey..this is a pretty good idea.

Stroy writing people..I would love to sell your stories on www.content-club.com

If it is honesty you are looking for, my reputation speaks for itself. However, if you don't know my reputation, we have real time stats for providers, AND...anytime someone places an order that contains your content, you get an email notification immediately.

Contact me at jeff@sunupmedia.com

kath
03-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by JMM@Mar 8 2003, 07:02 PM
Hey..this is a pretty good idea.

Stroy writing people..I would love to sell your stories on www.content-club.com

If it is honesty you are looking for, my reputation speaks for itself. However, if you don't know my reputation, we have real time stats for providers, AND...anytime someone places an order that contains your content, you get an email notification immediately.

Contact me at jeff@sunupmedia.com
Sounds like a hell of a deal - I just might pull myself out of story-writing retirement. I dropped off the story map a few years ago because the companies out there who were buying - weren't paying. And I stayed out because of horror stories like this.

Newsgroups....Penthouse Letters.... Heather's right - stories are intellectual property just as much as pics or any other industry content. I would love to see quality text writers finally get their due.

Thanks for posting that offer JMM - I'll make sure to spread the news to other writers that I've worked with over the years.

:wnw: :rokk: :wnw: