PDA

View Full Version : Hugs & Kisses

Nymph
03-06-2003, 03:26 PM
To DirectNic for saving my butt today!

It seems some slimey little bastard temporarily hi jacked my account with them, and was in the process of transferring one of my domains to another registrar.

Thank goodness I caught it in time. The transfer was cancelled, and all my domains have now been locked from transfers. My security info has been changed, and set to high, and my account has been red flagged, so no information can be given to anyone.

This is not the case of just hi jacking 1 domain, they could have taken all my domains under my account which is 11.

I do have the email address (a yahoo account), and the IP address that was used when they changed my info with DirectNic, and through my hosting company have found out where it resolves to, and the information of the contacts there. I have also contacted the registrar they tried to transfer my domain (nymphslinks.com) to...I'm still waiting on the information about this back from them.

I would suggest everyone make sure all your info is up to date with whatever registrar you use, and have your security settings set to high for your account if at all possible so you do not have to go through what I have just had to deal with today.

Have a good one....I sure hope mine gets better!

Nymph

ps...I'm sorry if this post is inappropriate, I just wanted to get the warning out so every can protect their own domains.

Forest
03-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Glad to hear everything turned out ok

Direct Nic does ROCK!!!

thats who I use :rokk:

Peaches
03-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Directnic being the best goes without saying, but the TRUE reason I use them as a registrar is because Grimm's so cute :inlove:

Vick
03-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 6 2003, 05:42 PM
the TRUE reason I use them as a registrar is because Grimm's so cute :inlove:
Me too :inlove:

Mike AI
03-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I sent this thread to Sig, who was having a hard day - it put a smile on his face!!

:okthumb:

@We love to hear from our customers, ESPECIALLY when they are happy!

Peaches
03-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 6 2003, 07:37 PM
I sent this thread to Sig, who was having a hard day - it put a smile on his face!!

:okthumb:

Well, crap - I've never met Sig - I'm SURE I'd think HE was cute, too! :inlove: I don't want him to be jealous of Grimm - especially if he's having a bad day! :gbounce:

(edited because my computer's stupid - not me - and it hit "enter" all by itself...really....)

Last edited by Peaches at Mar 6 2003, 07:45 PM

gigi
03-07-2003, 12:57 AM
But peaches....are they sponge worthy?? :bdance: