PDA

View Full Version : So, besides the war...

sarah_webinc
03-06-2003, 11:51 AM
what is the big news story in your area. On a bit of war overload and interested in whatelse is happening around the world that might not make the big news.

In the UK we have a teenager and a cop that ran away together, the Cricket World Cup and the new congestion charge in London.

Trev
03-06-2003, 11:55 AM
the new congestion charge in London

They started that charge up in Durham about a year ago... real pain in the ass :angry:

Tony bloody Blair <_<

Trev
03-06-2003, 11:56 AM
-------------

Last edited by Trev at Mar 7 2003, 06:29 AM

sarah_webinc
03-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Mar 6 2003, 09:03 AM
the new congestion charge in London

Tony bloody Blair <_<

In London it has nothing to do with him but is Ken Livingston and amazingly it seems to be working so far with very little trouble. Who would have thunk ;)

Trev
03-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Ken Livingston and amazingly it seems to be working

Never thought I'd see the day when Ken Livingston and working would be used in the same sentence... :lol:

Ironhorse
03-06-2003, 05:41 PM
It's pretty much Iraq and the big snow in Chicago, we got buried, but what do I care? I'm staying indoors the rest of the winter. :okthumb:

Lisa
03-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Apart from the cricket World Cup (in which the poms have sucked and Australia is so far undefeated :awinky: ... sorry Sarah!), and the Rugby Super 12 series, our big story has been that of a pedophile found abusing and bashing a small girl. Video was found on a puter in the UK, and UK police suspected because of the background and the accents that it had been shot in Australia. They broadcast part of the video on a current affairs show here 2 nights ago in an attempt to identify and locate the girl. Shewas found safe and well living with her now totally shocked mother in country Victoria. The man was living in North QLD and has given himself up.

Stunned mother recognises girl (http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6088259%255E3102,00.html)

Peaches
03-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Well, The Sponge (http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/living/0303/06sponge.html) is back! :bjump: but just in Canada so far :(

For those of you too young to remember, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread if you're in a monogamous relationship and you can't take the pill. Now I just have to find someone to have sex with me! :yowsa:

kath
03-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 6 2003, 03:18 PM
Well, The Sponge (http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/living/0303/06sponge.html) is back! :bjump: but just in Canada so far :(

For those of you too young to remember, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread if you're in a monogamous relationship and you can't take the pill. Now I just have to find someone to have sex with me! :yowsa:
Somebody call Elaine from Seinfeld - lol Remember the episode where she stockpiled the Today sponge in her closets? Remember the "are you sponge-worthy?" trend that started afterwards? lol

I tried it once....not worth the effort. Have all the kids you want - then stop. Tie the tubes. No problem. lol

:rokk:

cj
03-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by kath+Mar 6 2003, 09:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kath @ Mar 6 2003, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Mar 6 2003, 03:18 PM

Somebody call Elaine from Seinfeld - lol Remember the episode where she stockpiled the Today sponge in her closets? Remember the "are you sponge-worthy?" trend that started afterwards? lol

I tried it once....not worth the effort. Have all the kids you want - then stop. Tie the tubes. No problem. lol

:rokk:[/b][/quote]
LMAO!!!

the company who makes sponges should have brought them back long before now!! think of all the sales from free publicity they lost!!!

as for what news is happening around here apart from the war, i'm not really sure ... i didn't know the commonwealth games were on last year until the opening ceremony ... lisa sends me any important stuff i should know
:okthumb:

International Womens Day is on the 8th March ...
:stout:

gigi
03-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Here in BC we have the Olympics controversy going on....the 'vote' was 64% Yes or some such....but there are still demonstrations etc etc....

We still have the 'Pig Farm' murder trial going on....our TV's are blackened out when any possible news comes on about the trial....it's a media blackout. <_<

Oh...and our BC Premier [similar to a US State Senator] was charged with drunk driving in Hawaii back in January.....how specccccccial!! :hic: He still hasn't resigned....apologized profusely on television and said he was going to continue his 'work. :barfon:

And the Canadian East is getting the same snow and cold as the American East....crappy....

I don't read the paper much these days so I've probably missed a few things....

kath
03-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by gigi@Mar 6 2003, 09:51 PM
We still have the 'Pig Farm' murder trial going on....our TV's are blackened out when any possible news comes on about the trial....it's a media blackout. <_<

GiGi - your TV's are blackened out???? Wow..... :blink:

gigi
03-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Yeah...they don't want us to see any news about the trial because it might 'jeopardize' a 'fair trial'.... *rolls eyes*.....it's a huge case....this guy had been bringing prostitutes back to his farm for years and killing them. I think he is charged with 15 counts of first degree murder. It's been months and they are STILL digging through his farm. He had TONS of property and even sold some that was developed with houses and even a Costco. :(

I believe the blackout is Canada wide because I talked to my mom in Toronto and they are getting blacked out too...

Added: [I thought I'd add for those who enjoy the graphics...]
When they first started digging through it was found that he was putting the bodies through a chipper and then feeding them to his pigs....ewwwwwwwwee

Last edited by gigi at Mar 6 2003, 10:34 PM