PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Rogers Dead At 74

SykkBoy
02-27-2003, 04:34 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/27/r...obit/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/27/rogers.obit/index.html)

BruceM
02-27-2003, 05:22 AM
It's a sad day in the neighborhood

pimpdog
02-27-2003, 05:59 AM
thank god.. one less pedo on earth.

Carrie
02-27-2003, 07:35 AM
:(
When I was a kid I loved Mr. Rogers - now that I'm a parent I love him even more. He did things with a quiet simplicity and challenged issues that kids deal with in a way that the kids both learned from and had fun watching it.
It *is* a sad day in the neighborhood.

sarah_webinc
02-27-2003, 08:06 AM
pedo? whatever.

Helped me to develop my imagination and yes, it is sad for me.

Torone
02-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by pimpdog@Feb 27 2003, 06:07 AM
thank god.. one less pedo on earth.
Where do you get that? Ive never heard of him in such a contexr, unlike PeeWee Herman. :matey:

Torone
02-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Truly, it is NOT a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Peaches
02-27-2003, 08:55 AM
I feel guilty my mother and I used to bribe my little brother not to watch him 25+ years ago :(

Dravyk
02-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Fine, call me a heretic, but I NEVER liked Mr. Rogers. Never!!

As a little kid I found him to be weird and fake. He was not a kid obviously, but he did not act like a normal adult. (This is the perspective I had of his as a child.) He was something weird and off.

Where other child show stars (not sure how many of these were local or national) like PixAnne, Sally Starr, Gene London and others did the fantasy routine, even as a child you KNEW it was fantasy. Then here comes this weird old guy with the creepy voice and the sweaters, NOT looking anything like any one would ever actually even wear sneaks. One moment taking you to a crayon factory and trying to be realistic, the next, taking the cheesiest toy train and taking you to a castle full of the ugliest, crudest cheap little hand puppets. And what did a train do going back into medeval times anyway huh?

I understand the pedo remark someone made. Because you know he acted just like how a pedo would. "Hi there little boy/girl, come into my house, I just baked some cookies, and I have some toys. Let's be friendly, be my neightbor, wontcha?" *shivers* I always thought kids growing up liking Mr. Rogers would make the perfect abductees, sadly, cause they would meet someone just like him and trust them.

Later when I was older and I hadn't seen him for many years and I did again, not only did Mr. Rogers STILL seem like the proto-type ped ... he now reminded me of the prefect example of the guy who would go postal. take out 20 of his coworkers, or go nutzo at the local mall. And then hear on the 6 o'clock news. "Yes, he was such a nice man. Very quiet, very polite. Stayed to himself. Always waved. A great neighbor. I'm totally shocked."

Hey, fine. Stone me, whatever. But that's just the way he always came across to me.

Billy
02-27-2003, 01:44 PM
NO.... its not true... dont tell me this !!!!

Dravyk... "Fine, call me a heretic, but I NEVER liked Mr. Rogers. Never!!" We all know you really LOVED him !!

Forest
02-27-2003, 01:47 PM
did you know that it was Michael keaton that operated the trolley

well you do know
:biglaugh:

Peaches
02-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 27 2003, 02:04 PM
Fine, call me a heretic, but I NEVER liked Mr. Rogers. Never!!
I agree, Drav - he bored the stew out of me :zzz: I was a Sesame Street kind of gal :rokk: