PDA

View Full Version : Is Being A Vegitarian Healthy?

JR
02-22-2003, 03:32 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/bigpot5.jpg

Winetalk.com
02-22-2003, 03:34 PM
anybody who wanna sue JR, Oprano and Bush over JR's latest post,
please contact me immediatelly!

Peaches
02-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Uh, yeah - just what I, a meat eater, want to run out and gorge on - monkey, koala and toucan.... :blink:

Almighty Colin
02-22-2003, 08:34 PM
I love meat but since cutting way back on it, my cholesterol has dropped a BUNCH. Don't know the good chol/bad chol numbers but overall was REAL high before when I was eating meat twice/day.

MikeW
02-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Give me hot, barely cooked .. no fuck it, raw uncooked flesh .. or give me death!!

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

Last edited by MikeW at Feb 22 2003, 08:52 PM

Vick
02-22-2003, 09:43 PM
oh I'm confused :rolleyes: :blink:
I thought this thread was about animal doctors being healthy - like veterinarians - it's about :cdance: eaters
I'm with MikeW - knock it's horns off, wipes it's ass and bring it to the table

Edited to keep my icon abuse level up :okthumb:

Last edited by Vick at Feb 22 2003, 10:26 PM

JR
02-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Feb 22 2003, 05:42 PM
I love meat but since cutting way back on it, my cholesterol has dropped a BUNCH. Don't know the good chol/bad chol numbers but overall was REAL high before when I was eating meat twice/day.
cholesterol is not an issue that is dependent on "meat" its more an issue of total diet combined, exercise and what what quantities of what types of fat you are eating. eskimos dont have cholesterol problems.

Rox
02-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by JR+Feb 23 2003, 12:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Feb 23 2003, 12:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Feb 22 2003, 05:42 PM
cholesterol is not an issue that is dependent on "meat" its more an issue of total diet combined, exercise and what what quantities of what types of fat you are eating. eskimos dont have cholesterol problems.[/b][/quote]
Judging solely from my own experience, I think eating dairy products contributes more to high cholesterol than meat.

I eat meat nearly every day and my exercise regimen consists only of the weight-lifting required to haul my fat ass from the computer at home, to the car, and then to the computer in my office. I eat little or no dairy products (damn lactose intolerance!), am a carb junkie, but do love my veggies as well... and my last cholesterol screening a few weeks ago was in the "good" range.

BMI number sucked though.

Peaches
02-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Rox@Feb 23 2003, 09:43 AM
Judging solely from my own experience, I think eating dairy products contributes more to high cholesterol than meat.

I think a lot is dependent on genetics. I eat meat and tons of dairy (I love milk and cheese). My cholesterol levels have always been in the good range. I'm a healthy fat person :gbounce:

Torone
02-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Actually, genetics plays a huge role in cholestrol and the bad effects of it. As far as a vegetarian diet goes, it SOUNDS good; BUT many vegetables contain substances (I think they're called isoflavones) that imitate estrogen in the human body. Those effects are definitely deleterious to male sexuality...

Besides, as long as I can chew a steak, I shall always be a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals). :nyanya: :nyanya: :nyanya:

Almighty Colin
02-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 23 2003, 03:40 AM
cholesterol is not an issue that is dependent on "meat" its more an issue of total diet combined, exercise and what what quantities of what types of fat you are eating. eskimos dont have cholesterol problems.
Right .. but one other important factor you left out. Hereditary. For three generations, EVERY man in my family had a heart attack or a bi-pass by age 50. Our arteries clog easily. Find me an eskimo with those numbers and then let's compare.

Chicken and beef were MY main sources of cholesterol. Naturally, that had to be the place I had to first cut back. No more complex than that. Now, cholesterol way down. Not necessarily the same for others but if you have insanely high cholesterol and realize you are eating eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and beef for dinner every day like I did, the path to start on is pretty clear.

Almighty Colin
02-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Now I just read the last few posts and realize I've repeated what was already said.

Post first, ask questions later. :headwall:

Torone
02-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Feb 23 2003, 10:03 AM
Now I just read the last few posts and realize I've repeated what was already said.

Post first, ask questions later. :headwall:
:biglaugh: :nyanya: :biglaugh: :nyanya: :biglaugh: :nyanya:

Alex @ ISPrime
02-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 22 2003, 03:40 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/bigpot5.jpg
As long as you are referring to food :)