PDA

View Full Version : It's Official

Sharpie
02-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Cybernet Expo ‘03 revisits Montreal

June 5,6,7 – 2003 are the dates and the Montreal Delta Center-Ville is the place!

Excerpts from last year’s reviews:

“Longue Vie à Montréal! What a great vacation, er, I mean... convention! Don't get me wrong... while Cybernet Expo was all about work, work, work, Montreal was all about fun, fun, fun! Yes, everything about that city rocks!” :redance:

“The show floor and the entry area outside were buzzing with activity. Webmasters and models were everywhere, and the environment was very conducive to excellent networking. No shouting over loud music, no ridiculous over-indulgent spectacle -- just business, adult Internet style.” Jay Kopita – Ynotmasters

:stout: “Montreal was a world away from our quiet seaside village; and full of the great opportunities (but lacking much of the ‘noise’) that one might expect from one of the premier adult Internet gatherings. A much more sedate experience for those who may be used to the much larger January InterNext experience, the more intimate environment offered by CyberNet Expo allows for greater ‘face time’ with friends old and new, and the opportunity to listen and learn that is often not available elsewhere. This factor alone makes attending worthwhile, but when coupled with the informative seminars and vendor exhibits, attending CyberNet Expo is a ‘mandatory’ milestone on any Webmaster’s calendar.” – Stephen Yagielowicz – Editor in Chief - XBiz

The convention will open at 1pm on Thursday June 5th. The exhibits and Sponsored networking bar will be open until 6pm. Friday and Sat hours will be noon – 6pm.

All the Signature class upgraded rooms will be assigned to Cybernet’s attendees and are priced at approx $159 US. The Signature Penthouse Lounge with it’s magnificent view of Montreal, will also be an exclusive for attendees of Cybernet Expo. The Penthouse Lounge’ is a pleasant, very private environment for attendees to network in, and accessible for those impromptu get togethers or presentations. This is a popular off-hours gathering spot, and a FREE continental breakfast is served daily from 9am – noon. You will need your Signature room key for admittance. Suites are available, and are reserved for exhibitors and sponsors on a first come/first served basis until April 1.

The popular Cybernet Worshops will become Instructional venues. We plan to answer a lot of your questions on technical subjects IE: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Java, Flash, PHP, CGI, Adobe etc. We hope these upgraded venues will be of more interest. Bring your laptops for wireless internet throughout the show area.

Registration, room reservations, and other information, will be available soon on the http://www.cybernetexpo.com website.

For Sponsor or exhibit info, contact Fay Sharp at tpi500@indy.rr.com

DrGuile
02-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Ill be there.... But im always there...

We eat at the Delta every month... great food.

kath
02-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Fay -

Glad you decided to do a 2nd show for the year. I think it's very needed. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed you didn't pick New Orleans - that was the BEST Cybernet Expo ever IMHO - but I know a lot of Canadian webmasters usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to always having to come down here to attend a show.

Not sure how June is for my schedule but you can bet I'll try my best to get there. I've missed too many Cybernet's in the last coupla years - looking forward to what you guys have cooked up for 2003!

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

Sharpie
02-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Feb 19 2003, 01:10 PM
Ill be there.... But im always there...

We eat at the Delta every month... great food.

Are you talking about the revolving restaurant on the top?

They do a good job with that, making it an International eatery. :hic:

JFK
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey Fay , excellent news ! I really enjoyed the last Montreal show. Looking forward to this one . :rokk: :rokk:

DrGuile
02-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Feb 19 2003, 05:06 PM
Are you talking about the revolving restaurant on the top?

They do a good job with that, making it an International eatery. :hic:
Yup

"Le Tour de Ville" its called.

for some odd reason they decided to make it a fancy buffet.

We scare the fancy people that eat there when we go ;)

Last edited by DrGuile at Feb 20 2003, 06:18 PM

originalheather
02-20-2003, 07:55 PM
pick New Orleans - that was the BEST Cybernet Expo ever IMHO

That was a fabulous show indeed...great memories.

Montreal..hmm, well, I guess we west-coasters have to pay the high airfare once in a while. Hope I'll be able to make it.
:bjump: :cdance: :bwave: :bdance: (Just emulating Vick a little)

RawAlex
02-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Best time of the year for Montreal... not sweaty stupid hot... enjoyable... and the girls are so pretty and there shouldn't be any construction near the hotel! :-)

Alex