PDA

View Full Version : Critique Please

wethoney
02-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone :wnw:

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on my new tour that is being designed. You can view it here (http://www.webinc.com/work/wethoney)

The animations and slicing aren't done yet but it will give you an idea of the overall tour.

Thanks in advance,
Wethoney

Mike AI
02-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Looks good, I like the colors.

Todd's people do good work. I am on a fast connection, you might want to try wth a dialup see how it loads.

And of course some anitimated gif and such are always nice.

:okthumb:

Almighty Colin
02-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I think it looks GREAT. I especially like the height forcing the surfer to scroll down. Any action on the surfer's part (click, scroll) increases the chances of them getting further and further into the tour.

Just a thought. I wonder if it might be productive to use a different word than "tour" on the front page. It gives it away as a member site right away. Sometimes the surfer doesn't know they might buy until the very last page of the tour. Using the word "Tour" might increase the quick back button clicks.

Anyone else have thoughts on that?

wethoney
02-19-2003, 01:13 PM
What resolution are you guys viewing it at? Thanks for the input? The slicing and animations will be added after the finalization of the design. Do you think there is to much text in the 800x600 screen?

Vick
02-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Like the design
Don't like the content chosen for the tour, looks like mostly Phoenix stuff and I always think you should put the best high end material on the tour
Phoenix is good for the price and their product is a little better than middle of the road but ... I like high end quality on the tour and stuff I haven't seen 100 times already

wethoney
02-19-2003, 10:39 PM
You have a good eye.

Last edited by wethoney at Feb 19 2003, 07:48 PM

RawAlex
02-19-2003, 10:50 PM
I agree with vick on that - I like the layout, I like making people scroll, I like that this tour is sort of midway between the generic 4 panel and the more free flowing "reality" type site... very nice. But I would spring the cash for some nice upscale content to fill in the boxes, semi-exclusive stuff, high quality look... maybe something like Paul Markham... except I think you want a little closer to American girls...

But not alot to change on this tour, I like it... the same but different, and different is probably good :-)

Alex

wethoney
02-19-2003, 10:58 PM
The site is being designed as a "template" so I can add all of the "wethoney" girls once the design is done. What you see now in the "boxes" won't be there when it goes live :rokk:

Winetalk.com
02-22-2003, 07:19 PM
http://www.webinc.com/work/wethoney/splash.jpg

WHY do you wanna CLEAN wet pussy???

it's gotta CHERSIHED instead!

Menace
02-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Very pleasing to the eye, nice blends and good crispness.

It flows well, I'd send it traffic..

wethoney
02-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Feb 22 2003, 04:27 PM
WHY do you wanna CLEAN wet pussy???

it's gotta CHERSIHED instead!
Good point.. what would you suggest for that wording? :wnw:

wethoney
02-24-2003, 09:42 PM
It has been completed and is now online....

Now the true test... :nyanya:

Wet Honey (http://www.wethoney.com)

Last edited by wethoney at Feb 24 2003, 06:51 PM

drunkdollars
02-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Looks great.. Love the colours and the "hybrid" layout.. part reality and part box tour LOL
:cdance:

machinegunKelly
02-25-2003, 12:20 AM
I would link the images to the next page or join page .

But I think it looks great .. they did a great job :D

wethoney
02-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Which images ? All of them?

sharky
02-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Any images that aren't currently linked somewhere on the splash page should be linked to tour1.

any images not currently linked on the tour pages should be linked to the join page.

this pretty much forces users to view at least 1 tour page. once they are on the tour page.. force them to the join!

:-)

originalheather
02-25-2003, 12:31 PM
The tour looks nice :)

I found the following errors, though:

Check your spelling on tour1.html. "jacuzzi’s" doesn't have an apostrophe and it's misspelled. I think it's spelled Jacquzzi. You might want to check that, I didn't look it up, but I'm certain it has a q in it.

The Web's Largest Collection...the capitalization of so many words is grammatically incorrect. If you want emphasis in the sentence, which is too long (I'm the queen of run-on sentences, so I know), make the word in ALL CAPS instead or use italics.

The videos paragraph is also almost all one long sentence. When people read sentences that long, they run out of breath waiting for the pause or skip over it altogether. Punctuation breaks up long strings of words to make them more readable.

That's all I noticed :D

gigi
02-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Another reason why I love Oprano!

Geez, I ALWAYS thought it was best to make sure the surfer could navigate the site WITHOUT having to scroll! Ya know, make it as easy as possible for him to make it to the next tour page??

Why make them work to pull out their CC??

Can you guys expand on your thoughts on this?

:blink: [possibly a blonde in a former life]

gigi
02-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by originalheather@Feb 25 2003, 12:39 PM
The tour looks nice :)

I found the following errors, though:

Check your spelling on tour1.html. "jacuzzi’s" doesn't have an apostrophe and it's misspelled. I think it's spelled Jacquzzi. You might want to check that, I didn't look it up, but I'm certain it has a q in it.

The Web's Largest Collection...the capitalization of so many words is grammatically incorrect. If you want emphasis in the sentence, which is too long (I'm the queen of run-on sentences, so I know), make the word in ALL CAPS instead or use italics.

The videos paragraph is also almost all one long sentence. When people read sentences that long, they run out of breath waiting for the pause or skip over it altogether. Punctuation breaks up long strings of words to make them more readable.

That's all I noticed :D
Jacuzzi is the correct spelling. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jacuzzi

But you are correct, the plural of jacuzzi wouldn't have an apostrophe....in fact, because Jacuzzi is a trademark company name I'm not sure there even IS a plural? Maybe change it to 'hottubs' or something. :awinky: