PDA

View Full Version : Winter Fun My Ass!

Vick
02-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Click for short video clip (http://www.sebastianscove.com/snow.wmv)

Sorry, not the greatest quality but you'll get the idea

Yuck!!!!

and to think week before last I was in sunny Florida

Peaches
02-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Feb 17 2003, 01:44 PM
OMG!!! At least you didn't say "And under there, is Sebastian....." :blink:

For those of us that don't see that often (well, ever), it sure does look pretty! I'm with TE, I'd plop myself down for a few days of steaming hot drinks and watch it melt :inlove:

TheEnforcer
02-17-2003, 12:53 PM
I feel for ya since you guys aren't used to it.

TheEnforcer
02-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 17 2003, 12:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 17 2003, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Vick@Feb 17 2003, 01:44 PM
OMG!!! At least you didn't say "And under there, is Sebastian....." :blink:

For those of us that don't see that often (well, ever), it sure does look pretty! I'm with TE, I'd plop myself down for a few days of steaming hot drinks and watch it melt :inlove:[/b][/quote]
Hehehe. Hmmm.. Up in these parts I'd be sitting in front of my window a REAL long time if I was gonna wait for it to melt!! You folks down below can just wait for a nice and warm 50 degree day to watch it melt away!! We've been in single digits most of the month and have a ways to wait before spring!!

It is quite pretty to look at but if you aren't used to it it can be a nightmare.

Vick
02-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 17 2003, 01:04 PM
nice and warm 50 degree day to watch it melt away!!
we're supposed to have that this Friday so we will see some flooding
Maybe the drought is finally over
This might be the biggest single snowfall in Maryland's history, it is already the second largest and we're waiting on the final figures

Yuck ... is it spring yet!!??

Peaches
02-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 17 2003, 02:04 PM
Hehehe. Hmmm.. Up in these parts I'd be sitting in front of my window a REAL long time if I was gonna wait for it to melt!!
Where the heck ARE you??!!! :zoinks:

TheEnforcer
02-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Wisconsin.

Peaches
02-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 17 2003, 02:26 PM
Wisconsin.
Ah, OK. We lived in Chicago when I was a kid. I remember the plows coming through and I had to ask my Mom if I could walk on the street and not the sidewalk - since there was about 4 feet of snow on the sidewalk and I was only about 2 feet tall :awinky:

We have pictures of when we lived in Ohio and Chicago of the snow almost covering the house during some drifts. I think 6+ winters of that was when my parents decided moving back south looked like a good plan :okthumb:

dantheman
02-17-2003, 01:32 PM
2 words

fu@k that :o

good luck buddy

Menace
02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
I think it's times like this when my mentality of a mildly retarded child is actually a benefit.. I'm kinda liking this (partially due to the fact there is someone else plowing my driveway as I type this) 2+" of snow per hour rate now.. I feel like friggen peter pan but not in a Michael Jackson kind of way..

Made you non-north east coast folks some snowballs :)

http://www.lendahand.com/dee67/snow.jpg

RawAlex
02-17-2003, 02:07 PM
heh-heh Vick, looks like fun - we get 1 or 2 of those types of storms every winter in Montreal, haven't had them yet this year, usually early March is a good time... I have pics somewhere from one a few years back where the street I lived on at the time was reduced from 2 parking plus 2 lanes to snow plus a cart path down the middle... it was the day before the St Paddy's day parade, about 18-24 inches of snow, didn't stop snowing until about 9am, parade went at noon like always.

This year is the first year ever I have snow tires on my car, I feel like superman now :-)

Alex

DrGuile
02-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Feb 17 2003, 02:15 PM
heh-heh Vick, looks like fun - we get 1 or 2 of those types of storms every winter in Montreal, haven't had them yet this year, usually early March is a good time... I have pics somewhere from one a few years back where the street I lived on at the time was reduced from 2 parking plus 2 lanes to snow plus a cart path down the middle... it was the day before the St Paddy's day parade, about 18-24 inches of snow, didn't stop snowing until about 9am, parade went at noon like always.

This year is the first year ever I have snow tires on my car, I feel like superman now :-)

Alex
Yeah,
I live on St-Joseph Blvd, and its 4 lane plus 2 parking lanes, and on bad snowstorms you loose all but a lane each way for a day or so...

But we're well equiped... couple days, and its all gone :)

This winter we didnt get much snow so far because its SO DAMN FUCKING COLD.