PDA

View Full Version : Psw Billing Suspend Visa ?

Mike AI
01-17-2003, 06:12 PM
http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.p...threadid=100782 (http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100782)

I have just heard that PSW Billing have suspended VISA for international clients, anyone know what the fuck is going on there ? Didn't PSW make a big deal about the fact that they could handle International accounts despite the VISA changes ?

Maybe someone from PSW can come on here and let us all know whats happening ?

I spoke to someone the other day about this issue, a person who has major connections with the processing industry.

They claim that VISA International is going after cross-bording aquiring. That VISA is in process of doing this IMMEDIATELY - not 6 weeks or 6 months, but RIGHT NOW.

Shit is going to be hitting the fan!!!

Hooper
01-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm unclear, so visa international is persuing xborder acquiring? or visa usa is persuing it?

and by "persue" do they go after the billing companies or those who are using the billco's?

We received that notice from psw billing about two of our domains, but only two which is a bit odd... especially since we are a usa sponsored merchant.

sextoyking
01-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Man Mike, I think it's going to get tougher out there for processing. It won't go away, but it's going to be strict.

Hooper have you looked into getting an offshore merchant account?

thanks

Todd

Sword
01-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Is what PSW billing does, the same as the way that GloBill got around the Visa fees? Or something different?

DrGuile
01-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Due to new Visa Regulations, Policies and Registration Issues
any website that is not registered under a USA Sponsored
Merchant will experience an interruption in Visa Service for
7 to 10 days starting Monday 1/20/2003.

This does not affect Mastercard, JCB or Online Check
transactions and all existing Visa Rebills will be processed
immediately when Visa service resumes thus none of your
recurring transactions will be lost.

Thanks for your understanding and support. We are working
closely with our aquiring banks and Visa to minimize the
effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: If the website listed above should be under an existing
USA Sponsored Merchant Account, please contact us.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
PSW Bank Card Department
clientservices@pswbilling.com <mailto:clientservices@pswbilling.com>

Mike AI
01-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks Guille, guess that sums it up.

JMScore
01-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Guys... Cross Boarder aquiring was part of the latest registration process which Visa made all IPSP sponsored merchants under go. Basically, US webmasters must process to a US bank account and EU webmasters must process to an EU account. All others must "become" US or EU.

We support both.

originalheather
01-18-2003, 01:11 AM
We support both.

Forgive me, but I'm newly out of retirement. Who is "we"?

Mutt
01-18-2003, 01:20 AM
JMScore is JETTIS.

Billy
01-18-2003, 01:28 AM
JMSCORE is an asshole !!

originalheather
01-18-2003, 02:35 AM
JM Score...are you the guy I met at PHBII?

cj
01-18-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Jan 18 2003, 01:36 AM
JMSCORE is an asshole !!
your asshole list is fucked up!!!!

jmscore was a really nice guy when i met him!! how can he be an asshole???

and what the fuck is up with number 7????
:o

Hooper
01-18-2003, 01:14 PM
todd,

we have a domestic merchant account for some non-adult activities and are currently looking into getting an offshore account but have a hard time trusting these international banks.

i like using ipsp's cause they were a huge security blanket, but now adays it's a hard decision whether to do it yourself or not.

biggest fear? get tmf from visa and then cant get processing at an ipsp either.

JMScore
01-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Mutt's correct.

Billy sucks.

Heather, I'd have been the hippy that sat by you in the limo on the way to PHP (btw, have you gotten a call from us?)

CJ 's my favorite. ;-) Was cool hanging out with you in Miami, shame I missed you in Vegas.

*KK*
01-18-2003, 10:29 PM
If Visa Int'l were to truly enforce cross border in the strictest sense, one would have to set up shop in any country they wanted a merchant account in as well no?

originalheather
01-19-2003, 01:35 AM
yes, JM, I did, the very first day I emailed her.

They're mailing me the contracts, my printer died. Besides, it would have taken a lifetime to fax all that paperwork, so I'll just sign it and mail it back.

Never saw so many contracts in my life, lol...but you have to cover everything, I'd imagine. The short Ibill contracts didn't do anything to get me paid. They're still "working on that" over at old Ibill. I keep getting icq's from people who are owed small fortunes by Ibill.

Any commentary from anyone about how to get a recurring database? Serge told me it can be done. Hints would be nice.

Last edited by originalheather at Jan 19 2003, 09:33 PM