PDA

View Full Version : New Reality Series

Peaches
01-14-2003, 09:40 AM
From the Atlanta paper:

"What's Up, Chuck?" Dispensing with all the irrelevant trappings of shows like "Fear Factor" and "Survivor," "WUC" focuses solely on contestants eating really vile concoctions and animal parts, then gagging, retching and regurgitating.

"Houston, We Have a Problem." Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown take a crack at an "Osbournes"-style show about their private life.

"The Bachelorette's Mole." Ten cute, single dermatologists compete to remove a questionable growth from a cute, single woman.

"Survivor: Atlanta Braves." Just as you get to know them and root for them, they're picked off one by one and have to leave. With host John Schuerholz.

"Operation: Trading Spaces." An elite team of U.S. decorator-commandos sneaks into Saddam Hussein's bunker and redoes it with fuchsia chaise lounges and big throw pillows with bold horizontal stripes. The kicker: no ceiling fans!

"MTV's Real Real World." Seven recent college grads move back in with their parents and take low-paying service jobs.

"When Animals Attack Supermodels." In the premiere, Kate Moss goes on a photo shoot with a crazed ferret.

"Big Brother 4 -- I'm Telling!" A dozen 10-year-old boys are locked in a house with a bully who gives them nonstop noogies, swirlies and arm-punches.

"Busted!" Videos of police raids on Hooters restaurants. Note to Fox: This idea is copyrighted, so if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

"Who Wants to Marry a 47-Year-Old 'Star Wars' Trivia Expert With a Comb-Over?" It may not pull in the young female demographic as much as they would like, but these shows continue to surprise even the programmers.

Torone
01-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Here's something to consider...

'Reality TV' has been around for a very long time. It's called "Sports". :P

Dianna Vesta
01-16-2003, 02:57 PM
lol- I like the Big Brother one!

I'd like to do one (seriously) where a group of women challenge guys to do really bizarre & kinky things. Humiliation included along with other wild things. Really test they're limits.

I can think of some really wild shit. Actually it would be better to get couples and the producer (me) comes up with stuff they have to do to and with each other. The winning couple wins money and lifetime supply of sex toys and lube that's canceled on divorce.. lol- loop hole!

Let's do a mini version on kink-bizarre in real life in Florida - Truth or Dare type of thing.

Let's see.... hmm we have Doug & Shannon, Serge & LL, Forest & chick of the week, who else? Of course I'm the MC!

:cdance:

kath
01-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks for posting that Peaches - I especially like the Real Real World. Yeah, let's see how you guys like it now?!? lol

Anybody catch that Surreal World? I caught a bit of it last week and it just seemed SO stupid. Then I saw a blurb on it in Time Magazine that said they just lived together for like 10 days while they were filming this? That's not long enough to get under each others' skin and make it interesting. *shakes head* It could have had the potential to be funny watching celebs making asses out of themselves which is, let's face it - what we all were tuning in to see.

:nyanya:

Dianna Vesta
01-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by kath@Jan 16 2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks for posting that Peaches - I especially like the Real Real World. Yeah, let's see how you guys like it now?!? lol

Anybody catch that Surreal World? I caught a bit of it last week and it just seemed SO stupid. Then I saw a blurb on it in Time Magazine that said they just lived together for like 10 days while they were filming this? That's not long enough to get under each others' skin and make it interesting. *shakes head* It could have had the potential to be funny watching celebs making asses out of themselves which is, let's face it - what we all were tuning in to see.

:nyanya:
I watched it too. It was boring. Celebs are fucking boring when they aren't acting. They act like a bunch of babies. That show will bomb.

Give me real people any day.

Almighty Colin
01-17-2003, 08:24 AM
I'd like to see a house full of webmasters live with each other for a few months.

Have you seen what happens in just a few days in Vegas?

Dianna Vesta
01-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Jan 17 2003, 08:32 AM
I'd like to see a house full of webmasters live with each other for a few months.

Have you seen what happens in just a few days in Vegas?
I don't know many webmasters I'd like to watch but I could name a few.

I know these two lesbians that live out on the indian reservation. Their life is like a cartoon. Crack heads stopping by trying to sell them the crazy shit... this one chick is an amazon & one of the most interesting people I've ever met. I've known her years.

Sometimes I'm there & I sit back and think "Damn I'm putting sound and cams here."

Almighty Colin
01-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Jan 17 2003, 08:38 AM
I don't know many webmasters I'd like to watch but I could name a few.

It's not the webmasters that would make it interesting as much as the combination of webmasters that would make it interesting.

Dianna Vesta
01-17-2003, 08:37 AM
This is actually a great topic. Let's start a new thread. lol- maybe we'll get some new pics!