PDA

View Full Version : Boomtown

Peaches
12-10-2002, 05:03 PM
This is fast becoming one of my all time favorite shows. It's very well written, well acted, the story lines are great, etc. If you're NOT watching, please start so they don't cancel it :okthumb: Plus you'll enjoy it - really!

TheEnforcer
12-10-2002, 05:42 PM
I know how you feel peaches!! I was so pissed and disappointed when NBC cancelled UC: Undercover last year!!

If it does get cancelled though i hear they are considering starting a cable channel that is going to show primarily tv shows that got canned but were quite good.

VooMan
12-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I couldn't understand why they canned UC Undercover. That was an excellent show... :(

Hey Enforcer, love the avatar. I used to have all the Calvin and Hobbes books. :)

TheEnforcer
12-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah. calvin and Hobbes ruled! i have several of the books and even after reading them many times over I often laugh so hard I have tears in my eyes!! :rokk:

I used to read the comics religiously every day but quit after Watterson stopped creating Calvin and Hobbes!! :cryin:

mutt and Edd found em and put them up for me!! :okthumb:

Peaches
12-10-2002, 06:18 PM
American Gothic - another excellent show that was canceled :angry: I've seen it showing on Scifi though :rokk:

Bama
12-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I watch BoomTown and it (like UC UnderCover) is a great show. I'm with you Enforcer - pissed UC was cancelled. BoomTown has a good time slot after the Sopranos on NBC. If it would have competed with the Soprano's I don't think it would have as good of ratings as it does.

Nina Garbiras is one hot looking lady. I'd offer to be her boy toy any day!

Mutt
12-11-2002, 12:52 PM
wow that is a GREAT idea for a cable channel - a channel that picks up shows that the networks cancelled.

Networks need big ratings, excellent shows get killed every year even though they have large audiences of hardcore fans, just not big enough for one of the big 4 networks.

but i don't know how a cable channel can afford to keep producing the shows with the same quality because it's very expensive to shoot an episode of a high quality tv series.

great idea though.

there was a show when i was a teenager, i love it and it only lasted like 4 or 6 weeks, Bay City Blues, about a minor league baseball team, i think Steven Bochco produced it. wish it could have survived. i used to wack off to one of the wives of the baseball players, Michelle Green, i think she was in Porky's too. Don't know what happened to her.

Peaches
12-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mutt@Dec 11 2002, 02:00 PM
there was a show when i was a teenager, i love it and it only lasted like 4 or 6 weeks, Bay City Blues, about a minor league baseball team, i think Steven Bochco produced it. wish it could have survived. i used to wack off to one of the wives of the baseball players, Michelle Green, i think she was in Porky's too. Don't know what happened to her.
Wow, you're young - I remember that show (loved it!) and watching it when my kid was a newborn :gbounce:

SykkBoy
12-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Mutt@Dec 11 2002, 01:00 PM
wow that is a GREAT idea for a cable channel - a channel that picks up shows that the networks cancelled.

Networks need big ratings, excellent shows get killed every year even though they have large audiences of hardcore fans, just not big enough for one of the big 4 networks.

but i don't know how a cable channel can afford to keep producing the shows with the same quality because it's very expensive to shoot an episode of a high quality tv series.

great idea though.

yeah, Cop Rock rises from the grave!

and Profit...excellent series, lasted 3 episodes, supposedly has a couple more sitting in the can somewhere...

and the greatest series of all-time - Get A Life

problem with something like that is picking up older series, there wouldn't be a enough episodes to keep going...say a show is cancelled after only 1 season, there would only be 13-20 episodes available and it could burn out quickly...

Peaches
12-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Dec 11 2002, 03:45 PM
and Profit...excellent series, lasted 3 episodes, supposedly has a couple more sitting in the can somewhere...

Is that the one about the rich jerk high powered business guy that slept in a card board box? If so, I LOVED that show!

MissEve
12-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 11 2002, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 11 2002, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Dec 11 2002, 03:45 PM

Is that the one about the rich jerk high powered business guy that slept in a card board box? If so, I LOVED that show![/b][/quote]
Profit was awesome!! I just read that the guy who played the main character, Adrian Pasdar, is married to the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks. Weird :)

I also loved My So Called Life but that is out on DVD now.

Peaches
12-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@Dec 11 2002, 04:16 PM
Profit was awesome!! I just read that the guy who played the main character, Adrian Pasdar, is married to the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks. Weird :)
He was also in their video "Goodbye Earl" :bjump:

I can't believe no one else is watching Boomtown :(

TheEnforcer
12-11-2002, 03:28 PM
My understanding of the channel is it wouldn't be showing NEW episodes but just reapeating the episodes that were already made.

Tonda_WEGCash
12-11-2002, 09:12 PM
I love BOOMTOWN!

SykkBoy
12-11-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 11 2002, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 11 2002, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Dec 11 2002, 03:45 PM

Is that the one about the rich jerk high powered business guy that slept in a card board box? If so, I LOVED that show![/b][/quote]
Yeah, I was just totally sucked into that show...the way he plotted the downfall of each person in his way...I would take a full season of that show over all the numberous Law And Order spinoffs.......

I was hoping Comedy Central would pickup "Get A Life" (the DVD of which is on my Winter Soltice wishlist ;)) as they've done with "The Critic", "Duckman", "Under Grads" and the claymation one from the guy who created "Celebrity DeathMatch"